Kiper says Cutler all hype | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says Cutler all hype

Danny said:
I can't believe that so much time is spend and so many threads have been started about 3 players that we're not gonna get....I don't think this has ever happen on this board before.....I know we need a QB but we have a better chance at getting Brees than getting any of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

This is true, but vince could fall. I think we end up with Croyle.

Im telling you guys, he reminds me of JP Losman without the athletic ability. Kiper was higher on Losman also. Kiper felt Losman would have been the #1 pick last year. But anyways, all the same things are being said about Cutler that were said about Losman, except Losman was "****y".

All the Bret Favre comparison's. Losman even went to visit Favre because of all the comparisons. "He had no OL in college", Same quote on Losman. "He has amazing zip on the ball", same as Losman.

Jay Cutler's final 2 years total, 31 TD's and 14 ints. Losman's final 2 years, 60 td's total and 24 int's. Both played for bad teams. JP did lead Tulane to a Bowl game in his junior year though. JP also had a winning record.

The hype on Cutler is just that, Hype. Im going to jump for joy if the Jets pick him.

I dont have much faith in JP, and I wouldnt have much faith in Cutler.

DaBills4life said:
Im telling you guys, he reminds me of JP Losman without the athletic ability. Kiper was higher on Losman also. Kiper felt Losman would have been the #1 pick last year. But anyways, all the same things are being said about Cutler that were said about Losman, except Losman was "****y".

All the Bret Favre comparison's. Losman even went to visit Favre because of all the comparisons. "He had no OL in college", Same quote on Losman. "He has amazing zip on the ball", same as Losman.

Jay Cutler's final 2 years total, 31 TD's and 14 ints. Losman's final 2 years, 60 td's total and 24 int's. Both played for bad teams. JP did lead Tulane to a Bowl game in his junior year though. JP also had a winning record.

The hype on Cutler is just that, Hype. Im going to jump for joy if the Jets pick him.

I dont have much faith in JP, and I wouldnt have much faith in Cutler.

Cutler is ****y too. He is already a champion and is a newlywed to Mike Mayock. dude is going all the way!

finfan54 said:
Cutler is ****y too. He is already a champion and is a newlywed to Mike Mayock. dude is going all the way!

JP had a ****iness that drove people away I guess. Mayock liked JP, just said he didnt know if his personality would work in the NFL.

IMO, the 3rd best QB is Omar Jacobs, but he doesnt have the "typical" throwing motion.

I dont understand why people really care how someone gets the ball there as long as it gets there.

Juan Cribbs said:
because there's a difference between "getting the ball there" in college than in the NFL.

But Jacons has a better than average arm and a fairly quick release. He just seems to push the ball at a lower point, but at 6'4 he shouldnt have a problem.

He has pin point accuracy. Plus, Mac QB's have been pretty good recently.

Juan Cribbs said:
because there's a difference between "getting the ball there" in college than in the NFL.

Tell that to roethlisberger in his rookie year when he went deep into the playoffs.

Juan Cribbs said:
roethlisberger didn't have a bad release...

Ben had a release point pretty close to that of Jacobs when he came into the league and whoever said Jacobs release was bad anyway?

Just a Phin fan in Nashvilles opinion...

I'm a lifelong Dolphin fan who moved to the Nashville area last year. I watched bits and pieces of most of the Vandy games, and was very impressed with Cutler. First of all, for the most part he was surrounded by Division 1-AA talent. His o-line was absolutely awful. Vandy does not attract top notch prospects to begin with, but his o-line was injury riddled all season long. They frequently went in to games with only 5 or 6 healthy lineman, most of them walk-ons. Playing in the SEC, he was facing quality defenses nearly every week. He took a David Carr-like beating every Saturday. In the games I saw, he would always stand in the pocket and take the hit in order to get a good throw off. He would always bounce right back up from every hit. The only possible negative I see is that he frequently would lock on to one receiver. Many games the stat line would show one guy with 8+ catches (I can't remember the receivers name) and nobody else with more than 3. However, from what I saw, that may have been more because the other receivers were just awful. I'm no NFL gm, but I'd be pretty happy to draft a big, strong, smart, tough qb at #16. I doubt he'll drop down to us though, too many teams need QB's in front of us. Just one fans opinion...

merc80 said:
I'm a lifelong Dolphin fan who moved to the Nashville area last year. I watched bits and pieces of most of the Vandy games, and was very impressed with Cutler. First of all, for the most part he was surrounded by Division 1-AA talent. His o-line was absolutely awful. Vandy does not attract top notch prospects to begin with, but his o-line was injury riddled all season long. They frequently went in to games with only 5 or 6 healthy lineman, most of them walk-ons. Playing in the SEC, he was facing quality defenses nearly every week. He took a David Carr-like beating every Saturday. In the games I saw, he would always stand in the pocket and take the hit in order to get a good throw off. He would always bounce right back up from every hit. The only possible negative I see is that he frequently would lock on to one receiver. Many games the stat line would show one guy with 8+ catches (I can't remember the receivers name) and nobody else with more than 3. However, from what I saw, that may have been more because the other receivers were just awful. I'm no NFL gm, but I'd be pretty happy to draft a big, strong, smart, tough qb at #16. I doubt he'll drop down to us though, too many teams need QB's in front of us. Just one fans opinion...
That's a great analysis. Thanks for the write-up!

Some of you guys want to argue that Cutler was playing against tougher defenses, Vince Young didn't face the pressure Cutler did, and that Cutler was on a bad team. These aren't legit arguments as to why Cutler should be drafted ahead of VY.

First of all, you guys can look at defensive rankings all you want, Vince Young had to face what I think was the best defense in Ohio State. OSU is loaded with studs on defense like Hawk, Carpenter, Whitner, Youboty (all projected 1st rounders in the draft) ,etc. Vince Young not only beat OSU, but he did it on the road, in a very tough environment, and came up clutch with a game-winning 24 yard TD pass. The only defense Cutler faced that I would compare to Ohio State is LSU, and Cutler had a horrible game. Vandy lost 34-6 and Cutler's stats were 11 for 33, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs.

If you want to argue that Cutler plays for a bad team, lets compare how he played to a more similarly matched team. On 10/1 Vandy faced Middle Tenn. State, a team that's below average in the Sun-Belt Conference. Cutler threw for 245 yards and threw 1 TD and 1 INT. He had an average game against Middle Tenn. State. BTW, stats aren't all that matters, what matters is winning right? Vandy didn't even win the game :confused: .

Every week VY faced the pressure of staying undefeated in hopes of playing for the National Title, he succeeded every time. Cutler wasn't facing nowhere near the pressure VY was, and didn't win much anyways. Vandy lost 6 of their last 7 games of the regular season. Why are some considering drafting Cutler ahead of VY? HYPE

Back
Top Bottom