Kiper says Cutler all hype | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says Cutler all hype

dude he is hes not much better than Brodie Croyle, if Croyle didn't have all these injuries i might even take croyle before cutler

daniel3 said:
Tell that to roethlisberger in his rookie year when he went deep into the playoffs.

Correction: The Steelers, who run the ball 60+% of the time went deep into the playoffs and lost when the game was in Ben's hands.

daniel3 said:
Ben had a release point pretty close to that of Jacobs when he came into the league and whoever said Jacobs release was bad anyway?

Pretty much everyone thats seen him play. Although it seems to be improving.

SpeedRush99 said:
Correction: The Steelers, who run the ball 60+% of the time went deep into the playoffs and lost when the game was in Ben's hands.

Pretty much everyone thats seen him play. Although it seems to be improving.
Oh ok, sorry. Silly me thinking Ben had something to do with them getting to the playoffs in the first place. Also its not everyone who thinks that after seeing him play, just you and a number of people like yourself. Most other people are more enamored with his accuracy rather than with trying to dismiss it and complaining about his "mechanics".

daniel3 said:
Oh ok, sorry. Silly me thinking Ben had something to do with them getting to the playoffs in the first place. Also its not everyone who thinks that after seeing him play, just you and a number of people like yourself. Most other people are more enamored with his accuracy rather than with trying to dismiss it and complaining about his "mechanics".

Me and people like myself? :rolleyes2 Unreal. Do you follow football? Because its well known that Jacobs has an unorthodox delivery. They've said during his college career, in scouting reports, and at the combine. It is improving and shouldn't be a problem with the right coaching but it is a fact.

SpeedRush99 said:
Me and people like myself? :rolleyes2 Unreal. Do you follow football? Because its well known that Jacobs has an unorthodox delivery. They've said during his college career, in scouting reports, and at the combine. It is improving and shouldn't be a problem with the right coaching but it is a fact.

How do you make the jump from people saying his release is unorthodox to them saying that it is outright bad? How exactly could it be bad when it allows him to be extremely accurate and timely with all his throws? That's why I said "you" say its bad, others simply state that its different from the norm.

daniel3 said:
How do you make the jump from people saying his release is unorthodox to them saying that it is outright bad? How exactly could it be bad when it allows him to be extremely accurate and timely with all his throws? That's why I said "you" say its bad, others simply state that its different from the norm.

Find where I said its "bad". I never said that, I said it could use some work.

Some people here are so good at putting words in other peoples' mouths.

daniel3 - whoever said Jacobs release was bad anyway?

SpeedRush99 - Pretty much everyone thats seen him play. Although it seems to be improving.

Ok, now what exactly am I supposed to imply you are stating here? You know what, forget it! Next topic!

dolfan3431 said:
dude he is hes not much better than Brodie Croyle, if Croyle didn't have all these injuries i might even take croyle before cutler
Even with the injuries, if Brodie had the size of Culter he would be going first round

daniel3 said:
Ok, now what exactly am I supposed to imply you are stating here? You know what, forget it! Next topic!

That its an issue. I'm not the one that said it was bad in the first place.

daniel3 said:
The unorthodox release is bad because the ball is too low when it leaves the hand. This leads to less velocity and a better chance of a knockdown at the line. It is offset somewhat by Jacob's height, and he seems to be improving. With some coaching he'll have a better release and be evn more accurate and timely with his throws.

Back
Top Bottom