Kolb out for about 6 weeks......trade Moore? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kolb out for about 6 weeks......trade Moore?

A 4th round pick or better, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I like Matt Moore, very happy to have him as our backup QB, but the fact is that he's our backup QB, he's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, and with the coaching staff very high on Pat Devlin... why not?

Moore for a 3rd lmao.. you guys are nuts. Prob a 4th maybe

I would say if Miami gets offered a 3rd or a 4th round pick for Matt Moore, you definitely take the deal. Now, I am not saying they will ever get offered that, but if you are Philbin and Ireland I don't think you just hand Moore over to another team for a late round pick like a 6th or 7th round pick. Granted Moore will not be back in 2013 with the team, but he is more valuable on the roster for the rest of the season, than a 7th round pick next April.

The Dolphins are still rebuilding their team, but we can't ignore that 6 weeks into the season that they are tied for first place in the division. While talk of playoffs might be premature, the possibility is very much on the table this season. If Tannehill would get hurt and be out an extended amount of time, would you rather Moore being the fill in or an untested Pat Devlin? In my opinion Devlin is going to become Tannehill's long term #2, but I think that comes in 2013, not this year. So unless Miami gets blown away with a mid to high round offer for Moore, I don't think you pull the trigger on a trade.

I would say if Miami gets offered a 3rd or a 4th round pick for Matt Moore, you definitely take the deal. Now, I am not saying they will ever get offered that, but if you are Philbin and Ireland I don't think you just hand Moore over to another team for a late round pick like a 6th or 7th round pick. Granted Moore will not be back in 2013 with the team, but he is more valuable on the roster for the rest of the season, than a 7th round pick next April.

The Dolphins are still rebuilding their team, but we can't ignore that 6 weeks into the season that they are tied for first place in the division. While talk of playoffs might be premature, the possibility is very much on the table this season. If Tannehill would get hurt and be out an extended amount of time, would you rather Moore being the fill in or an untested Pat Devlin? In my opinion Devlin is going to become Tannehill's long term #2, but I think that comes in 2013, not this year. So unless Miami gets blown away with a mid to high round offer for Moore, I don't think you pull the trigger on a trade.
If we get a 3rd.. wow we got a steal :] but dont really see that happening a 4th would be nice we still stacking on draft picks for next year.

Then laugh away. A 3rd for the 12th best QB in the NFL last year, despite playing for a for-sh*t team, isn't good enough. Make it a 2nd and we talk; make it a 2nd and a 6th and he's yours.

MIAMI isn't a charitable organization, and we don't owe ANYBODY an early Christmas gift. If they want a QB who showed a LOT last season, and who i/m/o is better than anyone they have, then they ante up! QED.

I did, and then I laughed some more after this post. As if thinking mediocrity defined Matt Moore can fetch a 3rd isn't funny enough, you wouldn't even take such a dream scenario anyways :lol::lol:

I actually thought about this as soon as I read that Kolb would be out. But I doubt we get an early pick for him. But hey, I wouldn't complain

If the Cards are stupid enough to give the Phinz a 3rd round pick for Moore..........I'd fly Moore to da Cards in a private jet......as soon as I put the phone down :-)

Zona is also hurting in the rb position,how about D.T. and Moore for a 2nd even 3rd.Jonas Grey the kid from Notre Dame we have on p.u.p. will be our thunder next year!On a side note does anybody know if trade deadline is before or after weeh 8? Im hoping McDaniel gets traded he is playing less and less and is making in the 4 mil range.

And leave us with Devlin if Tanny gets hurt?

Not enough, Rocket. And a 3rd standing alone isn't enough, either. Now, if you were to propose a 3rd and 6th as a "fall-back position" to my "2nd and 6th", then we can still talk. But ONCE AGAIN, and w/feeling: MIAMI isn't a charitable organization, and we don't owe ANYBODY an early Christmas gift!!!

As it is right now, Moore will not play a single snap all year for us and you would turn down a 4th round pick for a guy that has 0% chance to get back next year?

A 4th rounder is a very valuable piece to move forward as we can draft a good backup/core special teamer at a position of need and an outside chance to draft an outstanding player for the long run (Soliai was a 4th round pick). Of course, Tannehill could get injured but as of now he seems very tough and he's strictly avoiding unnecessary contact (not blocking on reverse, sliding in the grasp etc.). I'm ready to take the risk if you give me a 4th round pick, 100% ready!

If they offer a 4th round pick for Moore. You trade without delay......Moore is definitely leaving at the end of the year so y not get something before he leaves

This team is not winning any Super Bowl this year, and Moore likely won't re-sign. If they can trade him, they should.
Good point bro because Devlin will probably step to the number 2 spot.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

And leave us with Devlin if Tanny gets hurt?
Bro I don't think Devlin as that much different then Moore. Matter of fact I like Devlin over Moore.

The Cards won't make a trade for anything good as long as they have Skelton. I would trade Moore though and bring in a vet to hold the clipboard and move Pat up to back up.

Back
Top Bottom