Kolb out for about 6 weeks......trade Moore? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kolb out for about 6 weeks......trade Moore?

The Cards won't make a trade for anything good as long as they have Skelton. I would trade Moore though and bring in a vet to hold the clipboard and move Pat up to back up.
Bro in the division they play in they will need to seriously think about Moore if available via a trade.

if you get a 4th round pick offer for matt moore you fly him yourself to zona...not gonna happen...the 4th round pick return that is...unless zona is coked up or something

"2nd and a 6th"... :sidelol:

if you get a 4th round pick offer for matt moore you fly him yourself to zona...not gonna happen...the 4th round pick return that is...unless zona is coked up or something

"2nd and a 6th"... :sidelol:
They would be down to the rookie Ryan Lindley out of San Diego State and that's it if something happens to Skelton. I am not saying we would get a 2nd and 6th.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/depth-chart.html

Last edited by a moderator:
what we're gonna do is likely end up sitting on matt moore who never even takes a snap in 2012 given the toughness i have seen from ryan tannehill and the way he takes contact so well and losing matt moore at the end of the season for nothing...

zona was not gonna maintain that contender status when they couldn't run the damn ball to save their lives and with those tackles not to mention kevin kolb under center...that team's falling fast...saw it coming...matt moores not gonna save em

what we're gonna do is likely end up sitting on matt moore who never even takes a snap in 2012 given the toughness i have seen from ryan tannehill and the way he takes contact so well and losing matt moore at the end of the season for nothing...

zona was not gonna maintain that contender status when they couldn't run the damn ball to save their lives and with those tackles not to mention kevin kolb under center...that team's falling fast...saw it coming
I am not sure that Moore would be out of the picture as I think there has been pressure on Whisenhunt to win.

[h=2]Arizona Cardinals' John Skelton back in starting role after Kevin Kolb suffers rib injury[/h]http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/20121016arizona-cardinals-kevin-kolb-rib-injury-out-several-weeks.html?nclick_check=1

Kolb’s injury has implications both in the short term and long.
The Cardinals have paid him nearly $21 million since acquiring him in a trade with the Eagles in the summer of 2011. His salary is due to increase from $1 million to $9 million next year, and he’s due a $2 million bonus if he’s on the roster in March.
The Cardinals will decide before then whether to bring Kolb back at that rate, try to re-negotiate or part ways with him.

And leave us with Devlin if Tanny gets hurt?

Why not. It's his 2nd season and he's had a full training camp and half a season in this system . The dolphins can just bring Garrard back to back him up. Garrard is healed now and is there for free.

the dolphins aren't going anywhere this year as far as super bowl aspirations anyway. so you should be thinking "so what"

If the Dolphins get a 4th or 5th round offer for Matt Moore they should grab it and run as fast as they can. That 4th can be maneuvered to move up into the very top of the 3rd round for a good young player. Or from the upper half of the 3rd to the lower part of the 2nd. Or status quo, however you want to see it

You won't get a 3rd. You won't get a 2nd. You'll be lucky as hell to get a 5th.

That's the magic number. A 5th. I'd take that. Anything less, nah it's not worth it for me. A 4th? ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY.

A 2nd and a 6th. I spit my water out at my screen reading that. Talk about optimism.

Then laugh away. A 3rd for the 12th best QB in the NFL last year, despite playing for a for-sh*t team, isn't good enough. Make it a 2nd and we talk; make it a 2nd and a 6th and he's yours.

MIAMI isn't a charitable organization, and we don't owe ANYBODY an early Christmas gift. If they want a QB who showed a LOT last season, and who i/m/o is better than anyone they have, then they ante up! QED.
You're high just like nyjunc I can bring up stats to make a player look better then he really is and not mention the bad.

You won't get a 3rd. You won't get a 2nd. You'll be lucky as hell to get a 5th.

That's the magic number. A 5th. I'd take that. Anything less, nah it's not worth it for me. A 4th? ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY.

A 2nd and a 6th. I spit my water out at my screen reading that. Talk about optimism.

no way in he11 I trade him for a 5th. We will get that as a compensatory pick from he league if he signs elswhere.... Without doing a thing. 3rd or no deal if I am GM.

Send them moore for kerry rhodes or james sanders both are free agents and we def need an upgrade at FS. Then roll with devlin or resign garrard

no way in he11 I trade him for a 5th. We will get that as a compensatory pick from he league if he signs elswhere.... Without doing a thing. 3rd or no deal if I am GM.

Except you won't. Please tell me, how do you know you're getting a 5th for him in compensatory pick? Are you aware of how compensatory picks are given? Playing time + Salary. Matt Moore, coming to Miami for 2 years 8 million dollars, and starting SEVEN games (which he'd be lucky to start if signed by a new team, let's be realistic) was only worth a SIXTH ROUND PICK to the Carolina Panthers, who signed next to NOBODY in 2011, the year Moore was lost.

Okay lets say all your variables come true and Miami is on their way to getting a 5th round pick. Are you positive Miami isn't signing a big name WR? Or even a middle tier WR? Because that'd cancel out losing Moore. You don't get a comp pick if you sign a free agent equal to or better (more playing time/higher salary) than your loss.

Third, MY fifth is worth more than YOUR fifth. It'd be worth a SIXTH (in 2013) because it'd be in 2014, not 2013. Except, it wouldn't have the same value, because you are unable to trade it, which I expect they'd do (why else would you have so many picks that will likely not make the team rather than trade up and grab someone you really love?)

Your scenario has way too many variables. I'll take a 5th for Matt Moore. The season would be lost if Tannehill went down anyway, so why plug the leak at the expense of the future? Seems foolish.

So no, you won't get a 5th round pick for Matt Moore in the compensatory system. You absolutely trade him for a 5th round pick from the Arizona Cardinals if they call on Week 8 and make that offer. You have to answer me those 3 questions before you can begin to say a single word with any type of confidence regarding compensation picks for letting Matt Moore walk

A good GM's thought process should NOT be: "What is the maximum value I can get for a certain player?" The thought process should rather be: "What is the value MY ORGANIZATION puts on the player?"

If Ireland's value for Moore is a 3rd round pick he shouldn't be comfortable with a 5th round pick. If some posters value Moore a 2nd and a 6th, that's ok. If some value him a 7th, that's ok too. There's no reason to mock one or the other. I for one would not take anything less than a 3rd round pick because Matt Moore for this 2012 team is worth more than a 4th. IMO.

Here's my reasoning: I read a very good article quite some time ago, I think there was even a thread here on Finheaven. It was about how it's very unlikely to draft impact players or starters in the 5th round or later. It's a gamble so I think if Moore leaves in free agency after 2012 or we get a 5th in return for him, it won't change a thing.

So, following that logic, we shouldn't really value 4th/5th/6th/7th round picks, is that correct?

I'm confused by your post. Your start off saying that a GM should not deviate from his evaluation of a player... but then you go on to explain that your reasoning is more along the lines of "players drafted in the later rounds don't pan out"

The question you ask in the first sentence does not match up with your reasoning. I'm not mocking, just hoping to understand your argument more.

Except you won't. Please tell me, how do you know you're getting a 5th for him in compensatory pick? Are you aware of how compensatory picks are given? Playing time + Salary. Matt Moore, coming to Miami for 2 years 8 million dollars, and starting SEVEN games (which he'd be lucky to start if signed by a new team, let's be realistic) was only worth a SIXTH ROUND PICK to the Carolina Panthers, who signed next to NOBODY in 2011, the year Moore was lost.

Okay lets say all your variables come true and Miami is on their way to getting a 5th round pick. Are you positive Miami isn't signing a big name WR? Or even a middle tier WR? Because that'd cancel out losing Moore. You don't get a comp pick if you sign a free agent equal to or better (more playing time/higher salary) than your loss.

Third, MY fifth is worth more than YOUR fifth. It'd be worth a SIXTH (in 2013) because it'd be in 2014, not 2013. Except, it wouldn't have the same value, because you are unable to trade it, which I expect they'd do (why else would you have so many picks that will likely not make the team rather than trade up and grab someone you really love?)

Your scenario has way too many variables. I'll take a 5th for Matt Moore. The season would be lost if Tannehill went down anyway, so why plug the leak at the expense of the future? Seems foolish.

So no, you won't get a 5th round pick for Matt Moore in the compensatory system. You absolutely trade him for a 5th round pick from the Arizona Cardinals if they call on Week 8 and make that offer. You have to answer me those 3 questions before you can begin to say a single word with any type of confidence regarding compensation picks for letting Matt Moore walk

Look you do not know what the NFL will award until they do it. Second point is there really isnt much difference in any 5th 6th or 7th round pick. These are crap shoot shoot picks. I suspect there is a better than 50/50 chance if we dont draft a particular player in the 5th round or later, he doesnt even get drafted. So to me there is very little difference in any pick past round 4. Players that low may stick on the team for a few years, but finding a star is rare down there. I would keep Moore as OUR backup unless I get a better offer than 5th. And if we lose him I am willing to take anything (or nothing) from the NFL as compensation.

Back
Top Bottom