Kyle Orton for a 3rd round pick at 9 million a year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Orton for a 3rd round pick at 9 million a year

Would you trade 3rd round pick and give Kyle Orton 9 million a year

• yes,please yes

Votes: 65 30.7%
  • Hell naw!!

Votes: 147 69.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That 3rd round pick is just going to be a player...and 3rd round picks turn into nothing worth having about what, 70% of the time? I find that some people do serially overrate the worth of draft picks...and I'm a draft guy.

Apparently Denver and our front office are draft guys because we say a 3rd round pick is too much and Denver won't accept anything less. Either way, the team wants to sign additional players and that is hampered with Orton having a $7-9 million cap number. This is why I think the team will revisit the trade once we have all the guys we want signed and evaluated. Still think they will balk though as a 3rd round pick is very valuable to the regime. Hopefully Denver has calmed down by then.

No,no and Hell no !!!! Save the pick,and the money and move up in the draft to take someone will real potential, Im tired of all these Jay Fiedler retreads that aint worth the pick or the money !!!

id be happy with the orton pick up for a 4th rd pick and about 6 million one year restructured deal for the remaining year he has on his current contract. So both sides have an out after next year.

So much for going against the grain as the Justin Bieber guy suggested.

The 3rd I can part with, the contract is too much, and this is from someone who really wants Orton here. He has to take about 3 mil less for me to say deal.

Going into the season with Henne/Moore/Devlin is gonna kill us though imo.

The 3rd I can part with, the contract is too much, and this is from someone who really wants Orton here. He has to take about 3 mil less for me to say deal.

Going into the season with Henne/Moore/Devlin is gonna kill us though imo.

Give Denver a 4th round pick or better yet Merling. If Orton thinks he's so hot sign him to a contract for 5-6 per but loaded with incentives.

it isn't so much the actual losing of the 3rd round pick...its that likely you bring in orton and you get 2 more wins and as a result you pick a little lower and need more ammo to move up somewhat to go get your qb...

without orton with moore and henne this team imo could easily go 6-10...if it starts slow the media and fan base is gonna be on sparano like white on rice and this thing could very well snowball...with orton 8-8 9-7 max...thats probably a difference of picking 8or so slots in each round i would think...i'd want that 3rd rounder to throw in to admittedly other picks to go get our guy...vs a stop gap qb like kyle orton

as for who said orton was demanding $9 mil each of this and next year gm davenport said such a thing tonight in chat when i asked him what was the orton demand/what exactly was holding up the deal...the 3rd he said was agreed upon but the second year at $9 mil we balked on

And how does GM Davenport know this?

Is he saying that we would keep Orton's 2011 compensation as is, but add a $9 million second year to it? If so, I'd absolutely do that. The Broncos just paid him a $1.5 million bonus. If they trade him to the Dolphins, the Dolphins are only on the hook for $7.5 million in 2011. If they decide he's not worth that $9 million in 2012 after this season, they can cut him. Or they can extend his contract. They'd have options.

I think 3rd round pick is too much

And how does GM Davenport know this?

Is he saying that we would keep Orton's 2011 compensation as is, but add a $9 million second year to it? If so, I'd absolutely do that. The Broncos just paid him a $1.5 million bonus. If they trade him to the Dolphins, the Dolphins are only on the hook for $7.5 million in 2011. If they decide he's not worth that $9 million in 2012 after this season, they can cut him. Or they can extend his contract. They'd have options.
Sounds like you are feeling warmer lately towards having Orton aboard as opposed to 'sucking for luck', is that true ck? With Orton, what do you think our record will be?

Back
Top Bottom