Kyle Orton for a 3rd round pick at 9 million a year | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Orton for a 3rd round pick at 9 million a year

Would you trade 3rd round pick and give Kyle Orton 9 million a year

• yes,please yes

Votes: 65 30.7%
  • Hell naw!!

Votes: 147 69.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like you are feeling warmer lately towards having Orton aboard as opposed to 'sucking for luck', is that true ck? With Orton, what do you think our record will be?

I can't really affect what's going to happen. I can't stop the suckforluckalypse if it was meant to be.

I'm just trying to figure this out from my perspective like if I were suddenly placed in charge of things down there. TedSlimmJr once said before they're well past Plans A and B, and so he's evaluating some of these moves (like Reggie Bush) as like a Plan C and D. Personally I think they're well beyond Plans A thru W, and we're now reaching X, Y and Z...but either way if I'm an employee of the Dolphins and I'm just trying to win games because that's what you're SUPPOSED to do...I'm trading for Kyle Orton.

It's already spiraling downward. Sad times in Miami.

And how does GM Davenport know this?

Is he saying that we would keep Orton's 2011 compensation as is, but add a $9 million second year to it? If so, I'd absolutely do that. The Broncos just paid him a $1.5 million bonus. If they trade him to the Dolphins, the Dolphins are only on the hook for $7.5 million in 2011. If they decide he's not worth that $9 million in 2012 after this season, they can cut him. Or they can extend his contract. They'd have options.

beats me but he sure sounded like he was in the know on it...unless i misread what he was sayin though ortons camp is demandin $9 mil this and next year and miami doen't want to guarantee him $9 mil next year they have told ortons camp "prove it" going forward...sounded like we were willin to pay him the $9 mil this year but we didn't wanto be on the hook for that much guaranteed next year...he also said the 3rd round pick was already agreed upon

I think the best decision is to wait it out and let Denver make the decision to pay a qb that much to backup Tebow, or wait for them to release him then we could pick him up without giving up a draft choice for him

It's not my money, so yah why not! Henne isn't the answer.

Not no but HELL no! The man doesn't want to be here if you haven't figured it out. If he felt like he had worn out his welcome in Denver and was looking to start, he would have jumped all over the golden opportunity to come to South Beach with a nice, new contract and a new start with a much better team than Denver that just needs a QB. However, the way I understand it, he dug his heels in and insisted that he could beat Tebow out and would be the number 1 in Denver and would not be restructuring his deal without some serious concessions. If he doesn't want to be here then let's move on. Someone in our camp will at least sniff mediocrity and we will win 8-10 games. We wouldn't be a SB contender without a lot more depth and a franchise QB, which Orton isn't, so why get our panties in a wad. I am over this...let's sign Braylon or another playmaker and some interior linemen and get this show on the road!

Back
Top Bottom