Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

Crazy talk.

Contrary to your statement, TE is one of the more difficult transitions, from college to NFL. Very rarely does a TE come in tear up the league, even the ones that are considered "complete" players.

We already have one of the top recieving TEs in the league. If we were already solid at the other skills, it would be different, but we have far bigger issues than needing another questionable blocker at the position.

I don't dislike Pitts, but I'm not seeing it, unless we have already decided to move on from MG.

Contrary to others opinions i think it's fair to say we're average to slightly above average as a group at that unit. The question is where does a player like Pitts put us as a unit if we draft him? Does he immediately makes us elite? Where are the drastic improvements with him? Is he more like Kettle, Waller, Kelce?

Other questions like what do we do with Gesickie becomes important to know.

Finally, TEs are becoming a real gem in the NFL and i highly doubt he'll be there at 18. Assuming we use #3 on a player like D.Smith and all our other needs does it make sense to trade #18 and some other pick to move up to draft Pitts? Additionally, you're likely going to lose Harris and Eitenne and other prospects in doing so.

Is Pitts worth that?

So many things can happen from now till draft week. I don't see Pitts being the target with our 2nd pick of the first round but rather, I can see us going defense at 18

Is Gesicki a defacto TE? how often does he line up beside a tackle?

My counter is how often do guys like Kelce line up to block? I don't know the numbers but the eye test tells me he's asked to catch alot more than block. The same can't be said for a talent like Waller or Kelce as they're on heavy run based teams.

Crazy talk.

Contrary to your statement, TE is one of the more difficult transitions, from college to NFL. Very rarely does a TE come in tear up the league, even the ones that are considered "complete" players.

We already have one of the top recieving TEs in the league. If we were already solid at the other skills, it would be different, but we have far bigger issues than needing another questionable blocker at the position.

I don't dislike Pitts, but I'm not seeing it, unless we have already decided to move on from MG.
The Baltimore Ravens selected Darren Waller in the sixth round with the 204th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. Nuff said

So many things can happen from now till draft week. I don't see Pitts being the target with our 2nd pick of the first round but rather, I can see us going defense at 18

I honestly would cry, very loudly, if we went defense with #18. What defensive player is going to have more impact on defense and improve that group compared to an offensive player?

We literally can go all offense in this draft and drastically improve this team on paper.

The playoff has shown me outside of maybe the Bills and Tampa there's no team that was in the playoffs that was significantly better than we currently are as a total defense. Ofcourse there's room for improvement.

But the glearing weakness continues to be offense.

Guys just to be clear threads in the main Dolphins forum about a college player should be about how he would fit into our team

This one is so it can stay

If you are just discussing the player in general that goes in the draft forum

I honestly would cry, very loudly, if we went defense with #18. What defensive player is going to have more impact on defense and improve that group compared to an offensive player?

We literally can go all offense in this draft and drastically improve this team on paper.

The playoff has shown me outside of maybe the Bills and Tampa there's no team that was in the playoffs that was significantly better than we currently are as a total defense. Ofcourse there's room for improvement.

But the glearing weakness continues to be offense.
You're preaching to the choir here. I'd be happy with Smith and Harris or Smith and waddle or anything like that. I just have a gut feeling Flores likes defense so much that he won't use both picks on offense.

Crazy talk.

A highly touted TE’s ability to produce in the NFL in my opinion is more related to scheme, QB chemistry/preference/abilities and having the ability to block. I mean look at Brady and the pats. With the change of offensive scheming to establish RPO/bootleg, having underneath safety valves such as a pass catching RB and an athletic TE is a must.

I think you are really underselling where Pitts would fit in scheme wise and the level of talent he has. I don’t really think you could compare him to anyone but Darren Waller. When you look at the other TE’s that have produced they all are pretty lumbering compared to Waller and Pitts. It’s not even fair calling him a pass catching TE. We need receivers, this guy runs as crisp of routes as we have ever seen from a TE , has hands and body control that rival current established #1 wide receivers currently in the league. He is a defacto wide receiver with TE blocking abilities that would create so many mismatches it would be a nightmare for any DC.

If Kyle Pitts is used as a key to an offense in the NFL , he will easily be the best TE in the league barring significant injury and would be a top 10 receiving threat . Quote me on this

A highly touted TE’s ability to produce in the NFL in my opinion is more related to scheme, QB chemistry/preference/abilities and having the ability to block. I mean look at Brady and the pats. With the change of offensive scheming to establish RPO/bootleg, having underneath safety valves such as a pass catching RB and an athletic TE is a must.

I think you are really underselling where Pitts would fit in scheme wise and the level of talent he has. I don’t really think you could compare him to anyone but Darren Waller. When you look at the other TE’s that have produced they all are pretty lumbering compared to Waller and Pitts. It’s not even fair calling him a pass catching TE. We need receivers, this guy runs as crisp of routes as we have ever seen from a TE , has hands and body control that rival current established #1 wide receivers currently in the league. He is a defacto wide receiver with TE blocking abilities that would create so many mismatches it would be a nightmare for any DC.

If Kyle Pitts is used as a key to an offense in the NFL , he will easily be the best TE in the league barring significant injury and would be a top 10 receiving threat . Quote me on this

dump gesicki and I’m in

You're preaching to the choir here. I'd be happy with Smith and Harris or Smith and waddle or anything like that. I just have a gut feeling Flores likes defense so much that he won't use both picks on offense.

As much as i like Flores i think that woul be a huge mistake. You have to be able to take a step back and honestly assess your team. Can you get better on defense? Ofcourse, But you can get a whole lot better on offense and drastically improve your chances at a playoff berth. It's not even close!

Back
Top Bottom