Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

That's another reason I would love Miami to draft Pitts. It would show me they were smart enough not to give Gesicki a big extension.

that’s true. But I bet they try to give him weapons around him for a year first to see how it goes

Id watch out for the bird in hand extension however. The we are beating you to the market offer and you don’t believe in yourself enough to let your play dictate your value by betting on yourself.

we’ve done it before

Looking at the film he looks like a NFL WR not a TE ...Ill be surprised if he is not converted to a Terrell Owens/Randy Moss type for some lucky franchise...

I think you are spot on. Pitts is one of the biggest mismatches in the entire draft. I wouldn't put him in a tight end box either and consider him a big receiver, who is better at blocking than most receivers.

I'm not sure how Miami would fit him in with Giesicki, but I think he'd be great in an RPO offense.

One last point, I don't want to see him on NE.

I don’t see pitts making it to 18 so unless we gonna shock the world at 3 or in a trade down don’t see it happening

but boy would that be a your days are numbered gesicki move

I remember watching Kelce in College and said to myself he gonna be a good 1.Turns out he was great 1.
Pitts I see as the same and I'll guarantee you NE at 15 sees the same and maybe a few others before Miami picks at 18.
Problem being can and do we keep 4 TE's on the roster if we go down that road?

I remember watching Kelce in College and said to myself he gonna be a good 1.Turns out he was great 1.
Pitts I see as the same and I'll guarantee you NE at 15 sees the same.
Problem being can and do we keep 4 TE's on the roster if we go down that road?

maybe for a year we do. You need more than one capable blocking tight end in your rotation.

but someone would be leaving within a year. Or maybe two...smythe and gesicki. Smythe just cause what he gives you isn’t hard to find draft or free agency and you just signed shaheen to an extension and gesicki cause you ain’t benching or trying to find snaps for a pitts for a gesicki

we want playmakers and true mismatch guys for the long haul. Id say pitts is that if used properly

Put me down- the Bengals will take him at at 5, it won’t be an offensive lineman that high, not even Sewell. Pitts is worth it too.

How many concussions has pitts had? He had 2 just this year ain’t that right?

I think Pitts is the most underrated best pick we could have in the first round . TE as a position translates pretty well to the Pro’s . I also believe many of the reasons good TE’s do fail is related to offensive scheming, QB preference and the inability to make an impact blocking.

There are 3 huge factors in this realization specific to Tua’s development and the development of our pass game moreso than other teams.

1. Given Tua’s strengths in the RPO/bootleg, underneath routes to someone with Pitts ability to create separation would be a god send for progression and production for Tua .

2. Kyle Pitts has the most freakish athletic ability potentially ever seen by a TE, his body control, ability to make catches with his hands and win one on one matchups with anyone is unmatched by any TE prospect that I can think of. This may allow Tua to open up the deep throws, we all know he is capable.

3. If we nab our star WR, Kyle Pitts would completely stretch the field, occupy safeties and open up one on one matchups for a guy like Chase/Smith to be able to work or vice versa ( pick your poison) . Also think more deep throws here

I think it is very reasonable to use a 2022 2nd round pick to move up or package some picks to grab Pitts after selecting chase/smith or potentially trading back and using that ammo to grab say a smith/chase/waddle, Pitts, Humphries.

As for RB, I think you take Williams in the 2nd and never look back.
I’ve stated in other threads...I want a slight trade down...then draft the WR and trade up for Pitts with the trade equity....if we come out of Round one with Devonta Smith or Jamar Chase and Kyle Pitts I will be ecstatic!

2 concussions is bad. Repeat that trend through your first two years in the NFL and you're toast. You won't even see your 5th yr option and be out of the league in no time.

2 concussions is bad. Repeat that trend through your first two years in the NFL and you're toast. You won't even see your 5th yr option and be out of the league in no time.

You could say that for just about anybody . Idk if you can call a player concussion prone lol

I honestly would cry, very loudly, if we went defense with #18. What defensive player is going to have more impact on defense and improve that group compared to an offensive player?

We literally can go all offense in this draft and drastically improve this team on paper.

The playoff has shown me outside of maybe the Bills and Tampa there's no team that was in the playoffs that was significantly better than we currently are as a total defense. Ofcourse there's room for improvement.

But the glearing weakness continues to be offense.

We should start our own “offense only” thread. ;)

I’m more “offense only with the first few picks” guy though. If they want to take a defensive player from the 3rd round on, IDC. Might not even care in the 2nd round depending upon which players are taken in the 1st and who is still available in the 2nd.

But at this point I lean toward offense with picks 3, 18, 36, 50.
As I listed before, one variation of a fantasy draft for me would be Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Wyatt Davis, Javonte Williams.

No defensive players in that group.

Back
Top Bottom