Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

Kelce is 6-5 260
Waller 6-6 255
Kittle is 6-5 250

Pitts is 6-6 246. Pitts is undersized.
Gesicki was 6-6 247 at combine.

Crazy talk.

Contrary to your statement, TE is one of the more difficult transitions, from college to NFL. Very rarely does a TE come in tear up the league, even the ones that are considered "complete" players.

We already have one of the top recieving TEs in the league. If we were already solid at the other skills, it would be different, but we have far bigger issues than needing another questionable blocker at the position.

I don't dislike Pitts, but I'm not seeing it, unless we have already decided to move on from MG.
Agreed.

I remember when OJ Howard and David Njoku came out and both went in the 1st round and were said to be studs. Ya, both are busts.

Kelce is 6-5 260
Waller 6-6 255
Kittle is 6-5 250

Pitts is 6-6 246. Pitts is undersized.
Gesicki was 6-6 247 at combine.

This is a terrible argument lol. Have you compared speed, agility and overall athleticism to Pitts? Plus we are talking about a 10lbs for guys that are roughly 250 . If needed he could add that weight without question . You just said Darren Waller is 6’6 255, that is essentially the same .

I might be wrong but I think Waller was like 235 when he first came out. Converted wr ran the triple option in college you want to talk about a limited playbook but had the frame to add/carry more weight well

some of these guys just don’t have the frame to add/carry more weight and not scrape the athlete in the process...

im not talking 5 lbs however

Agreed.

I remember when OJ Howard and David Njoku came out and both went in the 1st round and were said to be studs. Ya, both are busts.

They both do not compare to the potential Pitts has IMHO. That’s without talking about scheme and the QB play

Kyle Pitts is the same over hyped TE that OJ Howard, Eric Ebron and TJ Hockinson were and they never live up to the hype or high expectations and finheaven always wants us to draft them. Except Pitts isn't on their levels as blockers. We already have good Seam threat 50/50 ball guy in Gesicki. Pitts actually reminds me of Devin Funchess. We need more quick speed guys over the middle for short to intermediate routes.

They both do not compare to the potential Pitts has IMHO. That’s without talking about scheme and the QB play

howard was damn good in college in both phases

njoku pretty raw and in some regards still is seems to be a football iq problem to me

Kyle Pitts is the same over hyped TE that OJ Howard, Eric Ebron and TJ Hockinson were and they never live up to the hype or high expectations and finheaven always wants us to draft them. Except Pitts isn't on their levels as blockers. We already have good Seam threat 50/50 ball guy in Gesicki. Pitts actually reminds me of Devin Funchess. We need more quick speed guys over the middle for short to intermediate routes.

I haven't watched him all that much. But according to one poster he's going to be the best TE in the league apparently from day 1. Better than Kelce, Kettle, Waller etc. I'd very much like to see that!

howard was damn good in college in both phases

njoku pretty raw and in some regards still is seems to be a football iq problem to me

Yeah Howard was good, Pitts is great. I don’t think you can compare Pitt’s agility, body control, hands, or route running to what Howard offered. Howard offered good traditional TE ability. Look at his film, quick seam routes, quick slants. Couldn’t really line him up outside, lots of busted coverages . Also he went to Tampa Bay.

Yeah Howard was good, Pitts is great. I don’t think you can compare Pitt’s agility, body control, hands, or route running to what Howard offered. Howard offered good traditional TE ability. Look at his film, quick seam routes, quick slants. Couldn’t really line him up outside, lots of busted coverages . Also he went to Tampa Bay.

Howard could play flexed and split in college. And handle himself in line too

I just think pitts is more your true flex and split iso type

I haven't watched him all that much. But according to one poster he's going to be the best TE in the league apparently from day 1. Better than Kelce, Kettle, Waller etc. I'd very much like to see that!

I mean let’s be reasonable in respect to timeline for Christ’s sake lol, don’t be cute you know what I’m saying . The fact that you haven’t really watched him is all I need to hear man, like what?!

Pitts is still a kid, he will put on some muscle yet for sure. He is very very good. Has the hands, always open, moves the chains and more. Geisiki, no offense, was featured here a bit because the rest were average at best. He’s just ok. The other tight ends on the roster are jag’s. Pitts is another level. Give me that 6-6 250 over the sticks for legs wide receiver any day.

Pitts improved a LOT as a blocker in 2020. He also won't turn 21 until October, so there's more meat on that bone. He also has tape beating 2 of the top 3 CB prospects in the draft (Surtain and Horn).

TE is hard to project, but Pitts knows how to beat press with technique, and he knows how to separate at the top of his routes. He also catches everything.

He's probably the most unique player in the class.

Back
Top Bottom