Laconfora: Cowher will likely pick Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laconfora: Cowher will likely pick Miami

After Shula, Miami has been through a few "big name" Head coaches, but none have been successful. I think that they should look for an up-and-coming coordinator rather than hire someone who's been out of coaching for years.
HAHA, what are you talking about? Wanny, Saban, Cameron, Sparano? Jimmy Johnson was really the only big name. Saban wasn't really except for generating some buzz in the College level, Cameron was an up and coming OC, Sparano was an up and coming coach too. We need a guy who knows how win, not some guy who is way above his head and gets his butt handed to him after half time because he can't make adjustments.

After Shula, Miami has been through a few "big name" Head coaches, but none have been successful. I think that they should look for an up-and-coming coordinator rather than hire someone who's been out of coaching for years.

Actually, Miami has made 5 coaching changes since Shula. Two have been big names, one was a former head coach, and two were assistants. Jimmy Johnson was the most successful, followed by Dave Wannstedt. A lot of Wanny's success was because he inherited Jimmy's players. I still believe Nick Saban would have been a success if he had stuck it out. Cam Cameron was the up and coming hot offensive coordinator, and he was an abject failure. Tony Sparano was the Bill Parcells crony who has a 14-25 record after starting 11-5.

I thought Mando said Ross sitting with Urb hurt his standing with Cowher? Mando is a loser.

I really don't understand all the skepticism with Bill Cowher. He was the man with Pittsburgh and they're still using several pieces of HIS team to this day.

Some people think his heart won't be there but why wouldn't it? He's coming back to the NFL, he is a HOFer already, he has nothing to prove, he's coming back because this is what he wants to do. Is Miami the right fit? I think it is, he can bring in his own staff and let's not forget his buddy Carl Peterson is Ross' right hand man.

If he gets hired and he can turn these Dolphins into the franchise they once were, Bill Cowher will just build upon his legend.

Out of all the HCs out there Bill Cowher IMO is the best choice for this franchise . Interesting they mentioned Wisenhunt's name. Wouldn't mind him at all as our OC.

Imagine if the Colts drop or trade Manning and you could snag Tom Moore? WOW...Not a long term answer, but it would be instant offense.

Imagine if the Colts drop or trade Manning and you could snag Tom Moore? WOW...Not a long term answer, but it would be instant offense.

If the Colts outright cut Manning this would be a dream come true. We could still draft a Matt Barkley/Landry Jones or RG3 and allow them to learn behind Manning.

We now see what Manning can do for a franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned this team into a playoff contender. Of course I'd rather have Luck but Manning/Tom Moore in Miami would be scary.

comin off tony sparano bill cowher would be like a rolls royce...one can only hope

If the Colts outright cut Manning this would be a dream come true. We could still draft a Matt Barkley/Landry Jones or RG3 and allow them to learn behind Manning.

We now see what Manning can do for a franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned this team into a playoff contender. Of course I'd rather have Luck but Manning/Tom Moore in Miami would be scary.

OR you could snag Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery or get a pass rusher and TRADE back into middle of round 1 or 2 and find your young QB....lots of options.

I agree with you to an extent, but Cowher brings instant credibility and respect, something that is much needed at this point for our franchise. Additionally, we all know the guy can motivate, and that is something this team dearly needs. Again, we aren't world beaters right now as far as talent is concerned, but half the fight will be won when these guys have a fire lit under there a$$es.

And finally, if we do have a shot at Luck, the hiring of Cowher will appease his father, who seems to be a meddler and has great influence over his son.

Cowher never really impressed me. The game has evolved since he coached his last game. This looks like Bill Parcells part II. Remember Ireland, Parcells and Sparano used to be called the trifecta. Now they are bums. Please get someone young and hungry, not an over the hill cat looking to revive his glory days

He's the f**king CHIN! I want him! He's gonna attract players. We gotta completely restructure this entire roster.

Mmm...I'll believe it when that contract is signed. We all know how egregious this team is at snagging the right personel. This would be amazing tho.

Back
Top Bottom