Laconfora: Cowher will likely pick Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laconfora: Cowher will likely pick Miami

Cowher's intensity will be a breath of fresh air around Dolphin land ... Sparano and Co. have none, except for when Parcells was in the building and that intensity came from BP himself!!! He will motivate these players; he knows he has a top defense in spite of the performance so far in 2011 ... He knows he has a solid young running back in Daniel Thomas and a very scheme oriented back in Bush, he can max out his abilities with ... He's the type of coach that would make Henne a better QB IMO? although it doesn't look like Henne will be back ... Cowher has always been a coach that i liked due to his abilities to motivate and make players run through walls for him .. he brings toughness and smash mouth, beat em' up type football ... Cowher also brings the ability to allow his assistants to be creative ... and offensively, with the talent that is here already it could be a very pleasant surprise .... I'm all for a Pittsburgh type F/O and coaching staff .. that organization has been top notch for several decades!!! enough said!!!

I really don't understand all the skepticism with Bill Cowher. He was the man with Pittsburgh and they're still using several pieces of HIS team to this day.

Some people think his heart won't be there but why wouldn't it? He's coming back to the NFL, he is a HOFer already, he has nothing to prove, he's coming back because this is what he wants to do. Is Miami the right fit? I think it is, he can bring in his own staff and let's not forget his buddy Carl Peterson is Ross' right hand man.

If he gets hired and he can turn these Dolphins into the franchise they once were, Bill Cowher will just build upon his legend.

Out of all the HCs out there Bill Cowher IMO is the best choice for this franchise . Interesting they mentioned Wisenhunt's name. Wouldn't mind him at all as our OC.

Let's not make Bill out to be more than what he was in Pittsburgh. From a personnel standpoint, Bill Cowher was on equal footing with Kevin Colbert. They collaborated on the decision making process. This is simply the way the Steelers have always been run. I'm not certain what the Rooney's philosophy behind this model was, but I have a feeling that they simply didn't feel the GM should be above the coach and vice versa. So, Cowher gets some credit for what they have built there, but not all of it. Cowher did have a power struggle with Tom Donahoe at one point and ultimately won out and got Kevin Colbert promoted.

It would be a different set up in Miami, where Cowher will actually have authority over the GM.

He would be the right hire for THIS team. Do I think he is the absolute best candidate out there, he probably isn't. But for a team that has gone through the ups and downs of the last decade and could use a spark in the fanbase he would probably be the most ideal hire for this team. He is proven and yea he would attract guys who would want to play for him. There is no question he would be the best HC hire since Shula left. Miami has to make that move if it is on the table but Miami needs to realize that "throwing money" at the situation obviously isn't working. Show some tact, fire Sparano tactfully and do things the PR friendly way . . . no more bad press is needed.

For a guy that supposedly threw Ross under the buss for visiting Harbaugh, Cowher is being real "covert" about his intentions.

See people.. everyone undercuts everyone in this business. Ross is just playing along. He may have struck out once.. but it doesn't look like he's going to strike out twice.

Cowher never really impressed me. The game has evolved since he coached his last game. This looks like Bill Parcells part II. Remember Ireland, Parcells and Sparano used to be called the trifecta. Now they are bums. Please get someone young and hungry, not an over the hill cat looking to revive his glory days
only Bill Parcells didn't coach for us,so that claim is invalid...

Now lets get the first pic to make it that much more a possiblity and hope Wisenhunt gets fired from Az or take Cowell. Honestly the whole prospect excites me. Cowher's best ability is gettign the best out of his players but also his coaches. He picks the right people to be in the right spots. He seems to always have good up and coming caoches.

After Shula, Miami has been through a few "big name" Head coaches, but none have been successful. I think that they should look for an up-and-coming coordinator rather than hire someone who's been out of coaching for years.
I basically agree. The only downside in my mind is that you may get a guy that becomes overwhelmed with his first head coaching job. IMO it is much tougher with a lot more things to be concerned with. I get your point, though. What also concerns me is potential coaches seeing how we are treating our current coach.

Here's my question: Cowher's wife passed away recently. Will he be the same guy?

Shula wasn't...

i presonally would like an up and coming coach as well.. but Cowher, Gruden, or Fisher would bring immediate credibility to our franchise, lure big time FA's and quite possibly, calm the fears that Oliver Luck has about the direction of this franchise.

Like post the before said, someone like Cam Cameron?

Not all OC can become Head Coaches. Not all Offensive Line coaches can make it as Head Coaches.

Let's do this the smart way for a change. Let's hire a proven Head Coach, one that is still young enough to have fire in him. Someone that free agents will want to come here and play for. Someone who season after season had a top attacking defense and powerful running game.

Not all OC can become Head Coaches. Not all Offensive Line coaches can make it as Head Coaches.

Let's do this the smart way for a change. Let's hire a proven Head Coach, one that is still young enough to have fire in him. Someone that free agents will want to come here and play for. Someone who season after season had a top attacking defense and powerful running game.

Sounds like Cowher is your guy.

I know this is all media noise. But this is the first thing I've been excited about all season!

Exactly! With this failed experiment, none of the Trifecta had actual experience and success at the levels into which they were hired. Our last 3 HCs were inexperienced at that level and not a one of them ended up rising to the occasion. Time to put an actual adult into place instead of hoping that a promising adolescent will morph into manhood in front of our eyes.

Exactly! With this failed experiment, none of the Trifecta had actual experience and success at the levels into which they were hired. Our last 3 HCs were inexperienced at that level and not a one of them ended up rising to the occasion. Time to put an actual adult into place instead of hoping that a promising adolescent will morph into manhood in front of our eyes.

Yup. Our last four head coaches have been a previous failure as a HC and three unknowns.

Time to bring in a winner.

After Shula, Miami has been through a few "big name" Head coaches, but none have been successful. I think that they should look for an up-and-coming coordinator rather than hire someone who's been out of coaching for years.

Well that didn't work out so well the last time we tried that in 2007 (Cam Cameron)

Back
Top Bottom