Laconfora: Cowher will likely pick Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laconfora: Cowher will likely pick Miami

After Shula, Miami has been through a few "big name" Head coaches, but none have been successful. I think that they should look for an up-and-coming coordinator rather than hire someone who's been out of coaching for years.

You mean like Sparano, Cameron or Wandsted?????? No thanks!!!!! Johnson was faaaaar better than all of them.

if this is true all we need now is players

After Shula, Miami has been through a few "big name" Head coaches, but none have been successful. I think that they should look for an up-and-coming coordinator rather than hire someone who's been out of coaching for years.

UMMM.......... Cam Cameron, Nick Saban and Tony Sparano ring any bells?? How did they work out?? Ross needs a big time "name" coach who can put fannies in seats and also Turn this team around. Bill Cowher is perfect for this.(and a damn good coach as well!)

How do you designate a coordinator as up-and-coming? That's like evaluating a draft prospect and you know how that works out sometimes.

I am down with Cowher, but it does not mean success. We have to find a QB period.

Franchise QB + Tony Sparano = Super Bowl

See: Caldwell, Jim

Um, Caldwell hasn't won a SB. Tony Dungy did. In fact, Caldwell reminds me of Sparano, in that his teams get worse the longer his imprint is on the team. The positive Dungy hangover is wearing off over time.
In fact, I'm surprised Caldwell isn't on the proverbial hot seat too.

The Roller Coaster of coaches has been crazy...I've been on highs when Jimmy Johnson and Nick Saban were hired. Only got disappointed. Now, more big names. To me, it doesn't matter who gets hired....just make the wins happen.

Cowher-Whisenhunt/Moore-Kahn and Andrew Luck. If we get this group, lol, watch out.

Um, Caldwell hasn't won a SB. Tony Dungy did. In fact, Caldwell reminds me of Sparano, in that his teams get worse the longer his imprint is on the team. The positive Dungy hangover is wearing off over time.
In fact, I'm surprised Caldwell isn't on the proverbial hot seat too.

Apparently he is. As well, its not outside the realm of possibility that the Polians are let go. The Colts lack of talent is glaringly obvious, although the Polians being fired is still a stretch at the moment.

Does it make any sense to bring Peyton Manning back if or when he's healthy enough to play, and will there be a house-cleaning before we see him again?

It's entirely possible owner Jim Irsay will decide he wants a new head coach. You'll hear all the popular names -- Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher. Again, it might happen. Irsay might even decide to totally clean house and get rid of Bill Polian and Chris Polian. That would truly be dramatic.

http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsi...-jim-caldwell-joseph-addai-and-other-matters/

Tom Moore (born November 7, 1938) is a football coach, currently working as an offensive consultant for the NFL's New York Jets.
[h=2][edit] Early life[/h]Moore learned football at an early age in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. He played quarterback at the University of Iowa, where he earned a bachelor's degree in history. Moore coached at Iowa after graduation and then joined the Army for two years, when he also coached football overseas.
[h=2][edit] Coaching career[/h]Moore resumed his college coaching career at the University of Dayton, where he coached offensive backs and received a graduate degree in guidance counseling. When he left Dayton in 1968, Moore went on to coach offense for nine years at Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, and at WFL's New York Stars.
Moore made the transition to the majors in 1977 when he joined Chuck Noll's coaching staff at the Pittsburgh Steelers, initially serving as receivers coach. Within three years on the Steelers, Moore earned two Super Bowl rings and in 1983 he was promoted to quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. For eight years, Moore and Tony Dungy, the Colts' head coach from 2002 to 2009, were colleagues on Noll's coaching staff at Pittsburgh.
Leaving the Steelers in 1990, Moore served in senior offensive coaching roles for three teams in eight years, having the most success as offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions, the team which led the NFL in total offense in 1995 and was the first team in NFL history to have two receivers with over 100 catches in a season (Herman Moore and Brett Perriman).
On July 21, 2011, it was announced that Moore would take a job with the New York Jets as an offensive consultant, working from home.
[h=2][edit] Indianapolis Colts[/h]The Indianapolis Colts, for whom Moore served as an offensive coordinator since 1998, won Super Bowl XLI in February 2007. Moore coached the offense under head coaches Jim Mora, Dungy and Jim Caldwell. He oversaw the development of quarterback Peyton Manning for Manning's entire career. Manning started every single game for the Colts over that time period, going 117-59 in the regular season and 9-9 in the playoffs, also setting numerous NFL records, including highest passer rating, season (121.1 in 2004) and for most passing touchdowns in a season with 49, also in 2004 (since surpassed by Tom Brady, 50 touchdowns in 2007).
On May 6, 2009, ESPN reported that Moore was planning to retire due to a change in the NFL's pension program which affected both him and the Colts' offensive line coach, Howard Mudd. Larry Kennan, the executive director of the NFL Coaches' Association, said Moore had not yet filed his retirement papers but believed that he was "just about there."[SUP][1][/SUP] On May 20, 2009, Moore returned to the Colts to serve as their senior offensive coordinator, though he ultimately left the organization following the 2010 season.

Back
Top Bottom