Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

GOD DAMN IT.

Pay attention.

The FACT...this is not a debate..it is a FACT. That Kobe did not play against better players than Wade did. Period. Raja Bell is not better than anybody on the list I provided.

Wade had to guard the better players. PERIOD. There isn't a debate about this.

Nobody is arguing who is a better defender, scorer, rebounder, etc...

I made a statement of FACT. I am not arguing for either player.

it is a statement of FACT that Wade has been a better playoff player against better individual competition. PERIOD.

You must be kidding me. I'd rather have Kobe on my playoff team than Wade. Raja Bell is a better defender than most on that list. May not score as much but he can certainly get in your face. So what if Wade has to defend against Vince Carter and better scorers. Does that mean Wade's own ability to score is impacted so badly? No. VC can't play D so even if you guard him, you can easily reciprocate on the other end. You may be a bit more fatigued having to guard good offensive players but it's nothing compared to being hounded by a good defender. That's my statement. Kobe's had to deal with some of the best defenders in the game. He's had to go through more and still defend the other team's top PG's (even more tiring than SG). Wade had hard defensive assignments but when it came to offense, he had it easier.

You must be kidding me. I'd rather have Kobe on my playoff team than Wade. Raja Bell is a better defender than most on that list. May not score as much but he can certainly get in your face. So what if Wade has to defend against Vince Carter and better scorers. Does that mean Wade's own ability to score is impacted so badly? No. VC can't play D so even if you guard him, you can easily reciprocate on the other end. You may be a bit more fatigued having to guard good offensive players but it's nothing compared to being hounded by a good defender. That's my statement. Kobe's had to deal with some of the best defenders in the game. He's had to go through more and still defend the other team's top PG's (even more tiring than SG). Wade had hard defensive assignments but when it came to offense, he had it easier.

Wade wasn;t guarded by those guys. He was guarded by the likes of Jason Kidd (1st team all defense), Curon Butler (good defensive player), Tashaun Prince, Hinrich, etc...all very good defenders as well.

Point is..Wade had it tougher. But performed better.

Take away the free throw line and those number go down drastically. Now that's a fact.:up:

Wade is not now over has ever been on Kobe level. If he was the Heat will not have the worst record in the entire league. No Elite Player EVER has had a record like the Heat.

Take away the free throw line and those number go down drastically. Now that's a fact.:up:

Why not cut off Wade's legs and not allow him to dribble the basketball?

Never mind that he actually averages a little over 2 free throws more than Kobe per game in the playoffs. TWO.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

Wade wasn;t guarded by those guys. He was guarded by the likes of Jason Kidd (1st team all defense), Curon Butler (good defensive player), Tashaun Prince, Hinrich, etc...all very good defenders as well.

Point is..Wade had it tougher. But performed better.

Tougher? Nope. Bowen's considered a much better defender than anyone from that list. He's had to go up against a perennial 2nd team All-Defense guy in Christie as well as another noted stopper in Ruben Patterson. Kobe's had to go against a much tougher and younger Kidd and Marion too so that Kidd argument is nullified. And Kobe's had to face Prince/Hamliton likewise.

Our Garbage bench that we cant develop tops in the NBA. No wonder we suck.

Lakers bench is tops in NBA

By Ed Ziti | February 12th, 2008

E-mail | Print | Share

The Lakers are one game away from finishing a fantastic road trip as they head into Minnesota a respectable 6-2. Overall they are bludgeoning opponents with fundamental basketball, running their patented triangle offense as good or better then anyone in the history of the game. It’s just plain beautiful to watch!

The addition of Pau Gasol has proven to be the final vital piece to completing the offense and looming in the background of course are Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza, two players who were both starting before succumbing to injuries. This is bad news for the rest of the NBA as the Lakers are dominating teams without Bynum and Ariza. One of the reasons for this, is the Lakers have the best bench in the league, bar none. Even with Mihm, Bynum and Ariza sidelined the Lakers second unit could probably win a lot of games if they were the starters.

At back up point guard, how many teams field starters that have played better then Jordan Farmar this year? 9.2 points, 2.8 assists and 1 steal in only 20 minutes a night, is a pretty solid contribution from a second year player who left college following his sophomore season. He’s also shooting a respectable 47% from the field, and 38% from three’s, and many of them were big shots in big games.

At shooting guard Sasha Vujacic has went from a guy afraid to shoot, to one of the best shooters in the league in one season. I always judge shooters by their ability to excel in the three shooting categories, namely field goal percentage, free throw percentage and 3-point percentage. Sasha is currently at 47% from the field, 43% from threes and 86% from the free throw line. He only gets an average 15 minutes a game, but when he’s in there, he produces just about every time. He’s averaging 7.5 points and if you add that to Kobe’s 27, the Lakers are getting a lot of production from the shooting guard position.

http://mvn.com/nba-lakers/2008/02/12/lakers-bench-is-tops-in-nba/

Wade is not now over has ever been on Kobe level. If he was the Heat will not have the worst record in the entire league. No Elite Player EVER has had a record like the Heat.

Why even argue Amars? Section wants, so desperately to crown Wade the best in the NBA, he will shout down anybody else and say certian things are facts when they aren't. If you listened to him, Wade has won 15 championships, played better than Kobe in every facet of the game and singelhandedly defeated the war on terrorism.

But Section is smart enough to know that he can't crown Wade the king because quite a few players stand in Dwayne's way, including Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom