Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

*******SPOILER ALERT!!!*********

First half against the Bobcats and Kobe and Gasol look like they are joined at the hip. Kobe with 20, Gasol with 16 and the Lakers are up by 11. Turnovers are high, but the Bobcats are with Wallace, Morrison and May tonight and Okafer had a rough first half.

Turiaf rolled his ankle right before the half but appears to be ok for now.

Another game another win. The Kobe and Gasol show runs on.

Yeah, I am not happy about the early/mid fourth quarter let downs though. Too many times this trip they have let teams back into the game after burying the. That needs to stop. If we were playing the west like this, we could very easily be sitting on 2-6 instead of 6-2.

The bench has also slowed down in terms of production, but I think a lot of that is due to the starters playing longer minutes. I am actually for Kobe taking the All-Star game off under the guise of his finger injury. The extra days of rest would probably do wonders for his knees.

On a sidenote: Lamar is playing much better since the Gasol trade. He seems to be benefitting from being the "forgotten" man by the defenses. He isn't scoring a ton, but he is creating, often getting the hockey assist (the pass before the pass that sets up the shot).

We should finish off this road trip at 7-2, which would be great. Very close to sweeping the road trip. Two losses by one point.

Very well done Lakers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I am not happy about the early/mid fourth quarter let downs though. Too many times this trip they have let teams back into the game after burying the. That needs to stop. If we were playing the west like this, we could very easily be sitting on 2-6 instead of 6-2.

The bench has also slowed down in terms of production, but I think a lot of that is due to the starters playing longer minutes. I am actually for Kobe taking the All-Star game off under the guise of his finger injury. The extra days of rest would probably do wonders for his knees.

On a sidenote: Lamar is playing much better since the Gasol trade. He seems to be benefitting from being the "forgotten" man by the defenses. He isn't scoring a ton, but he is creating, often getting the hockey assist (the pass before the pass that sets up the shot).

We should finish off this road trip at 7-2, which would be great. Very close to sweeping the road trip. Two losses by one point.

Very well done Lakers. :thumbsup:

Yea, that's been an issue for a long time. I would think though that at full strength, we'd be able to stop that kind of mishap by having 2 good starters out there.

As much as I'd like to see Kobe play in the All Star Game, I know he'll be going all out and I'd much rather see him rest a bit. Though with Gasol and Odom, I guess he doesn't have to be the man anymore.

Odom has been playing better. Not sure if it's him being forgotten or he's realizing he could be dealt but it's been a surprise seeing him do this well. And with defenses trying to box out Gasol, Odom's able to come in and snatch a few boards. Though I'd still like to see Gasol fight for boards more as well.

Our 2 best defenders are out so I think we'll be in good shape when they come back. I hate giving up a double digit lead too. We should be blowing these team out.

Our 2 best defenders are out so I think we'll be in good shape when they come back. I hate giving up a double digit lead too. We should be blowing these team out.

Man, I know if Bynum and Ariza didn't go down, we may not have traded for Pau but boy do I wanna see that full lineup get together come playoff time.

And his dumb shot selection and out of control play. If he really earns that assist-turnover ratio, don't you think you should let him handle it so you don't turn it over in crucial situations ala Wade?

"turns it over in crucial situations" So now Wade is a choker?

Interesting.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

No you don't know that, because it NEVER HAPPENED.

Allen Iverson averaged 35.6 PPG in the NBA Finals that year. NON FACTOR? LOL!

The thing is that you remembered Tyrone Luu having a great half defending Iverson in Game 2 in the second half and thought that he did that for the entire finals.

You have a bad memory.

It is so bad that you forgot that Fisher was your starting point guard at that time and Luu played around 10 minutes a game.

35.6 PPG a NON FACTOR! LOL!

Here are the boxscores to refresh your memory:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0883981.html

Iverson scored: 48, 23, 35, 35, 37 in those games that year. Yeah..Non Factor!

No comment Amars?

It's not a tougher matchup if you have to face a good player than a stopper because stoppers can be viable offensive guys or you'd be asked to play help D. When Kobe plays the Spurs, he'll be guarded by Bowen but Kobe will guard Ginobili or Finley when both are on the court. Or he will be asked to help on Parker.

And of course...Wade is not asked to do anything.

I could of swore Lou was shutting him down after game 1. NE ways your right for once. Lou was are 3rd stringer and Harper was starting that year.

harper hardly played in that series. Fisher was your starter in that series.

For the record.....Wade has been matched up with (In order in his playoff career): Baron Davis, Reggie Miller, Vince Carter/Jefferson/Kidd, Gilbert Arenas, Rip Hamilton/Billups, Ben Gordon/Hinrich, Vince Carter/Jefferson/Jason Kidd, Rip Hamilton/Billups, Josh Howard/Stackhouse, Gordon /Hinrich

Who were Kobe's matchups? Raja Bell, Doug Christie?

You are confusing better TEAM competition with ACTUAL competition.

That list of names looks great although, the only people on the list that can play any D are Davis, Jefferson, and Howard. If we are talking matchups I have a hard time believing a young D Wade gets ACTUAL competition on the defensive end from Reggie Miller, Vince Carter, Rip, Ben Gordon, Stackhouse etc.

Back
Top Bottom