Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

For the record.....Wade has been matched up with (In order in his playoff career): Baron Davis, Reggie Miller, Vince Carter/Jefferson/Kidd, Gilbert Arenas, Rip Hamilton/Billups, Ben Gordon/Hinrich, Vince Carter/Jefferson/Jason Kidd, Rip Hamilton/Billups, Josh Howard/Stackhouse, Gordon /Hinrich

Who were Kobe's matchups? Raja Bell, Doug Christie?

You are confusing better TEAM competition with ACTUAL competition.

Seriously...give me some names that Kobe played against in the playoffs.. Steve Francis?

Why did this turn into a Kobe vs. Wade thread? Kobe is the better player. That doesn't take anything away from Wade. He is a great player and one of the top guards in the league.

I was having fun ripping on White Chocolate...

All I know is that Tyrone Luu shut down AI in the finals. Made that years MVP AI a non factor in the NBA Finals. What did J.Will do in the finals against Jason Terry...... Nothing. Everything else is irrelevant.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

No you don't know that, because it NEVER HAPPENED.

Allen Iverson averaged 35.6 PPG in the NBA Finals that year. NON FACTOR? LOL!

The thing is that you remembered Tyrone Luu having a great half defending Iverson in Game 2 in the second half and thought that he did that for the entire finals.

You have a bad memory.

It is so bad that you forgot that Fisher was your starting point guard at that time and Luu player around 10 minutes a game.

35.6 PPG a NON FACTOR! LOL!

Here are the boxscores to refresh your memory:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0883981.html

Iverson scored: 48, 23, 35, 35, 37 in those games that year. Yeah..Non Factor!

I love how J-Will's assist/turnover ratio is always brought up. Does that mean he's better than Brandon Roy? Baron Davis? Jason Kidd? It's pointless to bring that up again and again because the ball's not in his hands most of the time. If bad shots count towards turnovers, he wouldn't have that ratio to go to anyways.

Seriously...give me some names that Kobe played against in the playoffs.. Steve Francis?

It isn't all about the flashy names. Heck, Vince Carter and Gilbert Arenas hardly play D.

Bruce Bowen, Reggie Miller also add to the list for Kobe. And as for Bell and Christie, like Bowen, they were considered top defensive players. There are better players but not necessarily better defenders.

I love how J-Will's assist/turnover ratio is always brought up. Does that mean he's better than Brandon Roy? Baron Davis? Jason Kidd? It's pointless to bring that up again and again because the ball's not in his hands most of the time. If bad shots count towards turnovers, he wouldn't have that ratio to go to anyways.

It isn't all about the flashy names. Heck, Vince Carter and Gilbert Arenas hardly play D.

Bruce Bowen, Reggie Miller also add to the list for Kobe. And as for Bell and Christie, like Bowen, they were considered top defensive players. There are better players but not necessarily better defenders.

The ball was in his hands most of the time. He was a care taker of the basketball and he ran the offense for the championship heat team. Down the stretch was when he would not be on the court.

The ball was in his hands most of the time. He was a care taker of the basketball and he ran the offense for the championship heat team. Down the stretch was when he would not be on the court.

And there's a good reason he's not on the court down the stretch.

Yeah I think the Wade/Kobe argument is a bad one. Kobe faced defensive players whose only job really, was to try and slow Kobe down. Players like Bowen, Christie etc. were there to guard Kobe. That was their assignment.

Like Regan said, some of the players you pulled out Section, are nothing more than names and don't really equate to good defense.

Yeah I think the Wade/Kobe argument is a bad one. Kobe faced defensive players whose only job really, was to try and slow Kobe down. Players like Bowen, Christie etc. were there to guard Kobe. That was their assignment.

Like Regan said, some of the players you pulled out Section, are nothing more than names and don't really equate to good defense.

Those were the names he had to deal with defensively as well. Those guys were his matchup.

it makes a difference if the guy you are matched up with is a good player or not. it gives you more freedom to do other things defensively.

it is a tougher matchup if you have to face a good player than just a defensive stopper.

As for who guarded Wade. I can't mention the 4 guys per team that matched up with him, including Tashaun prince who Wade torched repeatedley after prince had success in the first game he guarded him.

Those were the names he had to deal with defensively as well. Those guys were his matchup.

it makes a difference if the guy you are matched up with is a good player or not. it gives you more freedom to do other things defensively.

it is a tougher matchup if you have to face a good player than just a defensive stopper.

As for who guarded Wade. I can't mention the 4 guys per team that matched up with him, including Tashaun prince who Wade torched repeatedley after prince had success in the first game he guarded him.

It's not a tougher matchup if you have to face a good player than a stopper because stoppers can be viable offensive guys or you'd be asked to play help D. When Kobe plays the Spurs, he'll be guarded by Bowen but Kobe will guard Ginobili or Finley when both are on the court. Or he will be asked to help on Parker.

Defense...and Wade handles the ball down the stretch.

Which I think goes back to the point about J-Will vs. Derek Fisher. Fisher is on the court late in games. If I am building a team tomorrow and my options are those two for my starting PG, I am taking Fisher every time. Enforcin was saying that Williams was better than anything the Lakers have, and I think that is quite possibly the craziest thing he has ever said. :lol:

Defense...and Wade handles the ball down the stretch.

And his dumb shot selection and out of control play. If he really earns that assist-turnover ratio, don't you think you should let him handle it so you don't turn it over in crucial situations ala Wade?

Back
Top Bottom