Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

That list of names looks great although, the only people on the list that can play any D are Davis, Jefferson, and Howard. If we are talking matchups I have a hard time believing a young D Wade gets ACTUAL competition on the defensive end from Reggie Miller, Vince Carter, Rip, Ben Gordon, Stackhouse etc.

Miller's retired.
Carter and Rip usually dont guard him, even though Rip is a solid defender. I believe Jefferson and Prince normally pick him up. You normally put your better defenders on the opposing teams star. Miller's retired, has been for a couple of yrs, I'm not even sure why you put his name in there. Back in the day though, he was a good defender, ask Jordan, he compared him to an annoying chicken, I think thats a compliment anyways. But to kobe's credit, he has had some good matchups. Raja Bell is a solid defender. Bowen is one of the best (and dirtiest,IMO) defenders in the league.

Edit: I see where the Reggie comparison came from now.

That list of names looks great although, the only people on the list that can play any D are Davis, Jefferson, and Howard. If we are talking matchups I have a hard time believing a young D Wade gets ACTUAL competition on the defensive end from Reggie Miller, Vince Carter, Rip, Ben Gordon, Stackhouse etc.

You missunderstood the post.

I was talking about the guys that Wade had to guard. and the FACT that Wade had to guard better players than kobe all the while having better averages than Kobe in his career during the playoffs.

Well hopefully Wade can live up to the hype in the post Shaq era. The east has some up and coming teams.

You mean like Kobe has?;)

Yep. Scoring champ a couple years ago and on another MVP run this year. He's basically playing the best basketball of his career. Miami Herald reporter even called him Jordan, Magic, and Bird basically rolled into one player.

Yep. Scoring champ a couple years ago and on another MVP run this year. He's basically playing the best basketball of his career. Miami Herald reporter even called him Jordan, Magic, and Bird basically rolled into one player.

You know what I'm referring to. Its all about the rings, man.

No ...I was telling you that Kobe didn't have to guard as many star 1's and 2's as Wade did. That is all.

So Phil being forced to put Kobe on Nash and Parker don't count? He's been forced to switch when there was poor PG play out of the likes of Smush Parker.

So Phil being forced to put Kobe on Nash and Parker don't count? He's been forced to switch when there was poor PG play out of the likes of Smush Parker.

Here to end this already. Look at the All Defensive NBA playoff team. The best of the best and see who is Name keeps coming up on the first team in guarding the West best players.

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html

FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Bruce Bowen, San Antonio
Ben Wallace, Detroit
Andrei Kirilenko, Utah
Ron Artest, Indiana
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
Jason Kidd, New Jersey
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Chauncey Billups, Detroit
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Marcus Camby, Denver
Tayshaun Prince, Detroit

2004-05
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Ben Wallace, Detroit
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Bruce Bowen, San Antonio
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Larry Hughes, Washington
Tayshaun Prince, Detroit
Marcus Camby, Denver
Chauncey Billups, Detroit
Andrei Kirilenko, Utah
Jason Kidd, New Jersey
Dwyane Wade, Miami

2003-04
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Ron Artest, Indiana
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Ben Wallace, Detroit
Bruce Bowen, San Antonio
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
Andrei Kirilenko, Utah
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Theo Ratliff, Portland
Doug Christie, Sacramento
Jason Kidd, New Jersey

2002-03
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Ben Wallace, Detroit
Doug Christie, Sacramento
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
Ron Artest, Indiana
Bruce Bowen, San Antonio
Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
Jason Kidd, New Jersey
Eric Snow, Philadelphia

2001-02
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Ben Wallace, Detroit
Gary Payton, Seattle
Jason Kidd, New Jersey
Bruce Bowen, San Antonio
Clifford Robinson, Detroit
Dikembe Mutombo, Philadelphia
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
Doug Christie, Sacamento

2000-01
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Dikembe Mutombo, Philadelphia-Atl
Gary Payton, Seattle
Jason Kidd, Phoenix
Bruce Bowen, Miami
P.J. Brown, Charlotte
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
Doug Christie, Sacamento

1999-00
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Alonzo Mourning, Miami
Gary Payton, Seattle
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
Scottie Pippen, Portland
Clifford Robinson, Phoenix
Eddie Jones, Charlotte
Jason Kidd, Phoenix

1998-99
FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Karl Malone, Utah
Scottie Pippen, Chicago
Alonzo Mourning, Miami
Gary Payton, Seattle
Jason Kidd, Phoenix
P.J. Brown, Miami
Theo Ratliff, Philadelphia
Dikembe Mutombo, Atlanta
Mookie Blaylock, Atlanta
Eddie Jones, Charlotte

He's got like 5 inches on those guys, he's matched up with them to smother them. He is the best defender on the team, it makes sense to take out the point.

GOD DAMN IT.

Pay attention.

The FACT...this is not a debate..it is a FACT. That Kobe did not play against better players than Wade did. Period. Raja Bell is not better than anybody on the list I provided.

Wade had to guard the better players. PERIOD. There isn't a debate about this.

Nobody is arguing who is a better defender, scorer, rebounder, etc...

I made a statement of FACT. I am not arguing for either player.

it is a statement of FACT that Wade has been a better playoff player against better individual competition. PERIOD.

GOD DAMN IT.

Pay attention.

The FACT...this is not a debate..it is a FACT. That Kobe did not play against better players than Wade did. Period. Raja Bell is not better than anybody on the list I provided.

Wade had to guard the better players. PERIOD. There isn't a debate about this.

Nobody is arguing who is a better defender, scorer, rebounder, etc...

I made a statement of FACT. I am not arguing for either player.

it is a statement of FACT that Wade has been a better playoff player against better individual competition. PERIOD.

:lol:.....simmah downa!

Back
Top Bottom