Lamar Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Jackson

opticblazed

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I was beating the drums for the kid during the draft. I was happy with our selection, but watching the ravens game makes we wonder if this wont turn out as another huge mistake. He has big play potential every time he has the ball. He isn't a finished product yet, and potential for injury is there, but man I am jealous of the ravens. I think he turns out to be the best qb in that class and we could have traded down and still got him

I was beating the drums for the kid during the draft. I was happy with our selection, but watching the ravens game makes we wonder if this wont turn out as another huge mistake. He has big play potential every time he has the ball. He isn't a finished product yet, and potential for injury is there, but man I am jealous of the ravens. I think he turns out to be the best qb in that class and we could have traded down and still got him

I’m definitely thinking that we should have traded down to get him. But Baker is going to be the best QB in that draft class. He reminds me of a young Brees.

He's a threat as a runner - that was never going to change. But he still struggles mightily to throw the football with any consistency, still has to learn how to play from the pocket, and still throws bad interceptions. He's the same player he was in college.

In his 2 starts, he's thrown 1 TD, 3 INT's, fumbled 3 times, been sacked 4 times, just put up a 35.7 QB rating - and he's going to be the best QB from this class? I doubt it.

Basically, if you liked him as a prospect - you're seeing the same things that made you like him in the first place. If you didn't like him - you're seeing the same things that made you not like him as a quarterback. That running around won't last - you'll end up on IR. You either learn to become accurate and efficient from the pocket in the NFL, or you won't be there long. I don't think he can do it.

He's a threat as a runner - that was never going to change. But he still struggles mightily to throw the football with any consistency, still has to learn how to play from the pocket, and still throws bad interceptions. He's the same player he was in college.

In his 2 starts, he's thrown 1 TD, 3 INT's, fumbled 3 times, been sacked 4 times, just put up a 35.7 QB rating - and he's going to be the best QB from this class? I doubt it.

Basically, if you liked him as a prospect - you're seeing the same things that made you like him in the first place. If you didn't like him - you're seeing the same things that made you not like him as a quarterback. That running around won't last - you'll end up on IR. You either learn to become accurate and efficient from the pocket in the NFL, or you won't be there long. I don't think he can do it.
To be fair one of those interceptions wasn't his fault. You are right he needs to be way more accurate, but there were a few plays where the defense were so keyed in on him that you saw there rb gash the defense for big gains. The key is injury. He made a nice deep throw to his tight end so the potential is there. Every time he has the ball you can see the defense react to him. A great offensive coordinator can take advantage of that

I’m definitely thinking that we should have traded down to get him. But Baker is going to be the best QB in that draft class. He reminds me of a young Brees.
Baker is going to be a good one also

Not sold on Jackson.

On the other hand It appears after having had 157 1st round draft picks in the past 10 years the Browns finally found a gem in Baker.

He's got the brains and personality of a 30 year old.

Very grounded kid.

He will have to learn how to both read defensive coverage and throw from the pocket. I have my doubts.

Have to agree.....I'm not sure that his style is a good fit for the NFL over time. Some players can do it, but it is definitely not a given.

Have to agree.....I'm not sure that his style is a good fit for the NFL over time. Some players can do it, but it is definitely not a given.
We will see if the ravens agree. Big decision coming up for them. Does he start over flacco?

I would feel better if he had the body of Cam Newton but he doesnt. His size is just as but a problem for me.

I would have like us to take a chance on him in the 2nd round, where we were picking in the first was way too high for him. Obviously he's gone before our 2nd round pick so, really don' t have too many feelings of missing out. I've not been overly impressed with him in the games I've seen so far, but he's a rookie and you would hope will get better. It's going to make or break the Ravens I feel, if he does get better in the pocket cuts down those INTs then they've got a chance to continue being a relevant franchise, otherwise you feel they'll the new old Browns. Flacco is done there I feel.

Back
Top Bottom