***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

That kind of makes the opposite point you're trying to... Mike Wallace was clearly a #1 until he came to Miami. Landry is clearly a #1 in Miami. So using that logic he's going to be Jerry Rice reincarnate if he leaves Miami lol.

If this pick fell after number #20 it wouldn’t be a bad idea. But you’re undervaluing our 1st pick. For that package we should be getting at least 2 more picks 2019 from the Browns in return for that package.

That kind of makes the opposite point you're trying to... Mike Wallace was clearly a #1 until he came to Miami. Landry is clearly a #1 in Miami. So using that logic he's going to be Jerry Rice reincarnate if he leaves Miami lol.

Maybe in your warped mind.For the price he will command, Landry is fool's gold just like Wallace was. Give it time.

Any thoughts on former Gator Antonio Calloway as young slot option. Similar size and speed to Kirk and Ridley, but has had off the field issues and lower exposure due to off field issue/suspension and poor qb play. I like the idea of taking a chance on him on day 3. Calloway and mid priced free agent like Jordan Matthews would leave the fins with Parker, Stills, Matthews, Calloway, Grant, Carroo, Ford and a few udfa types going into 2018 offseason.

Last edited:
Instead of drafting a slot we in the draft I’m all for taking either Goedert or Fumagalli, who I’d love. And just use what we have in house or pick up one in FA. No need to waste another pick on wr

Instead of drafting a slot we in the draft I’m all for taking either Goedert or Fumagalli, who I’d love. And just use what we have in house or pick up one in FA. No need to waste another pick on wr

I don't see the why you would pass on a wr that has a chance to be in the playing rotation over another depth player at another position. I agree with adding a tight end, but Miami has several other picks to play with and if Landry leaves you have Parker, Stills and several unproven late round pick or udfa types filling out the receiving corp.

Someone of Ford, Morgan, or Owusu might be able to fill the Slot role .... personally I am looking for some improvement from Morgan as my candidate. Would like to see Carroo, Lewis and Scott come through as outside options with Grant, Stills and Parker (if he ever mans up - which I don’t think he will). If they can’t then they become options as well. Grant ‘could’ work the slot, but he isn’t doing the same thing as JL. He’d be more of a NE type slot.

But let’s be honest, no one is going to ‘do the same’ as JL. And to be frank, we don’t need it - or we shouldn’t.

Get Gesicki or Andrews and we won’t need as much from the slot. Derby showed some when we got him, but he isn’t those 2 by any stretch ....

I think we roll the dice and spread the passes between Parker, Grant, Carroo, RB's and Ford. I think Stills maintains his catch numbers. Make this the year we get our stud TE with a high draft pick. Fix the line with 2 solid picks, High pick on LB and mid-tier QB with potential and someone who can fill the role as backup. If we fail from a WR standpoint use our top pick in 2019 for a wide-out or QB.

Gesicki in the second with the pick we'll likely get for Landry, Andrews in the third. Double up on TE and rotate guys like Grant (he looked much more comfortable on offense towards the end of the season) and Stills into the slot and hope Carroo earns some snaps and shows he belongs in the NFL this year. If we’re looking at FA options I’d give ASJ a look with a contract that protects us against off field issues.
What we’re really replacing with Landry is a safety net, not a slot receiver. Best way to do that is to get some TEs in who can actually be that safety net.

I say keep Landry trade Parker draft the kid from LSU...he is everything Parker isn’t.

Bears and Ravens among interested teams (at least five so far).

This is via theScore. On my phone so I can’t link it.

Back
Top Bottom