***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

Any thoughts on former Gator Antonio Calloway as young slot option. Similar size and speed to Kirk and Ridley, but has had off the field issues and lower exposure due to off field issue/suspension and poor qb play. I like the idea of taking a chance on him on day 3. Calloway and mid priced free agent like Jordan Matthews would leave the fins with Parker, Stills, Matthews, Calloway, Grant, Carroo, Ford and a few udfa types going into 2018 offseason.

Callaway can not be trusted. Too many off the field incidents. Let someone else babysit him.

The Colts need to swoop in and get Andrew Luck a safety blanket. Best case scenario for a swap. Hopefully they're one of the three teams not mentioned. They've already made it known that #3 is on the table. I think Barkley either goes 1 or 2 and I still believe Darnold will be the first QB taken. We might be able to choose between Mayfield and Rosen if we can get up that high.

Trade Landry anywhere except Baltimore, please.

He is a glove fit for Baltimore, from a gameplan and identity standpoint.

I honestly would take a little less in compensation from Chicago if that is what it took to keep him from Baltimore.

stick with a high 2 price cause if you want kirk or dj moore after the way they ran it's gonna have to be a high 2...

if they get to day 2 they aren't sitting long running sub 4.5

From a fan perspective, I don’t see many other fan boards and commentary that are clamoring for a trade for Landry, at least not for anything of value. So either the Dolphins fan base is overvaluing a home-grown talent (imagine that) or other fan bases don’t know what they are missing out on. It’s a lukewarm WR market and Landry is getting lukewarm attention. He probably has more value in Miami than anywhere else so my guess is that he sobers up and realizes that he should just stay here or T-bum pulls the trigger for a player swap and upper-mid round draft pick compensation, probably a 3rd.

I'm betting on a trade no one sees coming. So much ****being thrown against the wall right now.

From a fan perspective, I don’t see many other fan boards and commentary that are clamoring for a trade for Landry, at least not for anything of value. So either the Dolphins fan base is overvaluing a home-grown talent (imagine that) or other fan bases don’t know what they are missing out on. It’s a lukewarm WR market and Landry is getting lukewarm attention. He probably has more value in Miami than anywhere else so my guess is that he sobers up and realizes that he should just stay here or T-bum pulls the trigger for a player swap and upper-mid round draft pick compensation, probably a 3rd.

The problem is reasonable from a fans perspective. Most can deal with giving up a second and most can deal with giving him 14 million a year in a contract . . . . It is the double whammy of having to do both that is the dilemma I think both Miami and Jarvis is going to find troubling.

But from Landry’s standpoint . . . At worst, he will play under a 1 year, 16.2 million dollar guaranteed deal and hit the market again in 2019 at 26. He just has to deal with not being secured with longterm guarantees, which ultimately players want.

Miami, if Landry signs his tag, is under pressure to make something happen as watching Juice play under the tag in 2018 only to lose him in a year for the same potential compensatory pick but in 2020 would be embarrassing.

Either they will cave on a good portion of the Landry contract demands and extend him or they cave a bit on compensation and get a team to maybe give up a third or worse and that team will have the extension for Jarvis ready.

The saga continues

I thought the trade would be made this week as all the GM's are in the same building. You can have face to face talks with all of them. If they can't pull a trade this week then it could get tricky. We're hoping for a 2nd but I just don't see it unless someone offers a 2nd like in 2019 but I'm think we either get a 3rd or we move up by using him plus get a 4 or we trade him for another player. Either way I can't wait to see how this end up and hoping it gets done soon so that we can move on to free agency and then the draft

Ozzy rules!!

stick with a high 2 price cause if you want kirk or dj moore after the way they ran it's gonna have to be a high 2...

if they get to day 2 they aren't sitting long running sub 4.5
This. Both of those guys are perfect for our offense in terms of replacing Landry, and they're both noticeably faster. I think Kirk goes in the first round but we should have a shot at Moore in the second, especially if we have two high picks.

Back
Top Bottom