***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

I remember when everyone thought Mike Wallace was a #1 too.

That kind of makes the opposite point you're trying to... Mike Wallace was clearly a #1 until he came to Miami. Landry is clearly a #1 in Miami. So using that logic he's going to be Jerry Rice reincarnate if he leaves Miami lol.

Trading our 3 is absolutely stupid. Howard is a rb, he was drafted in the 5th, there will be Howard's every year in the mid rounds of the draft.

The deal should be Landry for Howard and swapping firsts. I can live with that, otherwise we are getting hosed.

That kind of makes the opposite point you're trying to... Mike Wallace was clearly a #1 until he came to Miami. Landry is clearly a #1 in Miami. So using that logic he's going to be Jerry Rice reincarnate if he leaves Miami lol.

I think you could argue Hines Ward was the Steelers number 1 not Wallace. Although Ward retired in 2011 and Wallace was traded after 2012. So maybe you could say Wallace was #1 in 2012, but still think of his as their deep threat receiver and not their go to guy.

Last edited:
I would consider Landry and Miami's 1st to the Browns for two 2nd's (33 and 35), a 3rd (65) and a 4th (101). That would give Miami three high 2nd's, two high 3rds and two high 4ths. And could really be viewed as greatly under selling the 11th overall pick for two 2nds and Landry for a 3rd and 4th.

The could put you in a position for a te, wr, qb, fs, rb and lb.

Imagine: Goedert, Kirk, Guice, Randolph (could fall to the 3rd or 4th), a free safety and a linebacker and still have a 4th, 6th and two 7ths to play with. That and sign a guard and Tahir Whitehead at lb in free agency. OK time for me to dream some more.

No thanks. I'll keep the 1st and be more than happy adding a 2nd, but more than likely 3rd (or even 4th, sadly) for Landry. Your scenario is really more of a trade of the 1st, which has more value than Landry right now (when you factor in contract).

I predict he will be traded to the Bears for an 8 to 11 switch. Which is fairly comparable to a low end 3rd

Look who's in Cleveland's suite talking with John Dorsey.

DXdSF2vXcAAQuBh.jpg

Thats awesome. Even if they are talking about golfing. Its cool to think the guy is there on our current teams behalf. But seriously dont leave that room without pick 35 in hand Dan.

I like it. Makes sense for both teams especially if we could squeeze Branch or Kiko into the deal.

Cleveland would have to be tempted at having Landry and pick 11 to go with 1 and 4.

Too many moving parts for it to actually happen but id do it.
Not a chance. There 100% bound to get Barkley and top QB

Howard isn’t good enough in the passing game for Miami to ask for him

2 down back in miamis o

Moving from 11 to 8 for juice isn’t enough either

Although I do think that guarantees us Edmunds if we get there

Cleveland makes lot of sense to me. They have money to spend and a plethora of picks. If I'm Cleveland I'm going:
RD 1. QB
RD 1. Barkley / Or Minkah
Trade #2 for Landry
Rd 2 Chubb / Michel or BPA OL
So Cleveland OFF:
Darnold- Landry- Gordon- Coleman - Njoku- Barkley.
Not bad. Not bad at all.
I would also sign Keemun or McCown

I like it. Makes sense for both teams especially if we could squeeze Branch or Kiko into the deal.

Cleveland would have to be tempted at having Landry and pick 11 to go with 1 and 4.

Too many moving parts for it to actually happen but id do it.
This is a creative one with Cleveland.
I would consider Landry and Miami's 1st to the Browns for two 2nd's (33 and 35), a 3rd (65) and a 4th (101). That would give Miami three high 2nd's, two high 3rds and two high 4ths. And could really be viewed as greatly under selling the 11th overall pick for two 2nds and Landry for a 3rd and 4th.

The could put you in a position for a te, wr, qb, fs, rb and lb.

Imagine: Goedert, Kirk, Guice, Randolph (could fall to the 3rd or 4th), a free safety and a linebacker and still have a 4th, 6th and two 7ths to play with. That and sign a guard and Tahir Whitehead at lb in free agency. OK time for me to dream some more.
This is interesting.
To break it down we are basically trading Landry for a high 3 & 4.
Then trading 11 down to 33 & 35.
I would be OK with this depending on the Board at 11. So to me would be draft Day trade.

If minkah can get to 7 I think miamis sitting in a pretty good spot to have something fall in its lap at 11

And if I look at that top 6 and those team needs relative to the draft options I think it’s possible he may

But if I’m miami I’m very much ready to move If the board after 6 has broke the wrong way

Unfortunately that late 4 if that’s what we still have isn’t gonna get me far

Back
Top Bottom