Landry Talking About Miami Again. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Talking About Miami Again.

Definitely needs to move on but 5 & $55 with $27 guaranteed? Then traded him for a 4th to Cleveland? If that's not being disrespected then I don't know what is.

I think the Dolphins told him over and over again that he'd be taken care of if he did his job on the field as he was playing into the last year of his contract ... then took a giant dump on his chest.

I'm a Dolphins fan and Dolphins fan only but some of you need to take a step back and really look at this situation for what it is. Then do the same thing with Suh and hopefully realize you don't have to make excuses for ****ty decisions just because you like the team.

You know what that sound is?

Peace and Quiet when the baby is not around.

Well worth it, imo!

Now he can run all the routes and everything else he feels he's entitled to in Clevland.

Good Luck.

Jarvis needs to stop talking. He's playing for another team now. Nobody cares what he says now about the Phins. Hes gone plus he's making himself sound bitter. He needs to concentrate on his new team and ignore any goading by the press.

he is so bitter about being a brown. personally I wish we had traded him this time last year

same thing i have been saying all offseason...

i don't fault Jarvis for wanting to get every dollar he can. these guys have a limited time playing and have every right to get every dollar they can. Jarvis decided money was more important than anything else and he found it on the worst team in the NFL. he didn't want to take less money to play on a better team so he needs to suck it up and move on. he choose to be a Cleveland Brown for better or worse and he needs to live with his decision. blaming others for his decision is just childish.

You know what that sound is?

Peace and Quiet when the baby is not around.

Well worth it, imo!

Now he can run all the routes and everything else he feels he's entitled to in Clevland.

Good Luck.

I don't recall any bitching to the media while he was here.

The more we talk about it the more there is a reason for the media to report stories like this ... so I guess I'll do my part and bow out so we can discuss actual football news as the season nears.

Good to hear both sides of the story, dont trust Tbum either to do the right thing for us either, Jarvis good side was he could fire up the team with his emotions, the downside is also is Jarvis gets emotional over reacts in some cases. Regardless of which side of Jarvis you are on the season is about to start and that should tell us how much Jarvis will be missed and our opinions wont mean much when the action starts only the performance on the field. Time to chill.

So if you were a GM and you knew you could have a good player at a discounted price for reasons outside of talent you would offer more out of respect for the player? I don't quite think that's how the NFL works. Unless nobody respected Robert Quinn who got traded for a 4th or Randy Moss who got traded for a 4th.
I think the thinking is more about demand driving up prices. If more GMs valued Landry, the Dolphins presumably would have been able to demand better trade compensation. A lot of factors play in to this, of course, and I'm not convinced respect is among them. In my opinion, the biggest factor by far is that most teams valued Landry at or below where the Dolphins did. Landry was just asking more than what most teams saw as a reasonable salary for a productive slot receiver. Time will tell whether Landry or most of the league was right. The Browns are known league wide for being smarter than the rest of the league, so they have that going for them.

$11 Mil per year with half of the contract guaranteed is NOT disrespecting a SLOT receiver. That is MORE than fair enough compensation given his limitations.

He was comparing himself to far superior athletes when asking for $15+ mil per, it's a joke that anyone thinks he's worth that.

lol so players shouldn't try to get as much money as possible? They should just aim for "fair" contracts? I can just imagine it now.

Tennanbaum: Well Suh we want to make you one of the highest paid players in the NFL regardless of position. How about 114 million with 60 million guaranteed?

Suh: What? No, I just want fair compensation! 114 million for a DT such as myself if just too much money Mike. I can't accept that, defensive tackles just aren't worth that kind of money. How about 6 year 90 million with 40 million guaranteed? I just want to be fair.

Unfortunately fans don't decide what's fair for Landry, that's something Landry,the players themselves , and other teams decide. Seeing how he was able to get 15 million it looks like he is worth what he thought he was.

Last edited:
lol so players shouldn't try to get as much money as possible? They should just aim for "fair" contracts? I can just imagine it now.

Tennanbaum: Well Suh we want to make you one of the highest paid players in the NFL regardless of position. How about 114 million with 60 million guaranteed?

Suh: What? No, I just want fair compensation! 114 million for a DT such as myself if just too much money Mike. I can't accept that, defensive tackles just aren't worth that kind of money. How about 6 year 90 million with 40 million guaranteed? I just want to be fair.

Unfortunately fans don't decide what's fair for Landry, that's something Landry and the players themselves decide. Seeing how he was able to get 15 million it looks like he is worth what he thought he was.

You're totally right, the market dictates what players get and he was way out of his league.

Also, where did I say that players shouldn't try to maximize contracts? You can try all you want but if its an arbitrary number don't call it "disrespect" when only the Browns are willing to pay you.

Back
Top Bottom