Landry Talking About Miami Again. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Talking About Miami Again.

Definitely needs to move on but 5 & $55 with $27 guaranteed? Then traded him for a 4th to Cleveland? If that's not being disrespected then I don't know what is.

I think the Dolphins told him over and over again that he'd be taken care of if he did his job on the field as he was playing into the last year of his contract ... then took a giant dump on his chest.

I'm a Dolphins fan and Dolphins fan only but some of you need to take a step back and really look at this situation for what it is. Then do the same thing with Suh and hopefully realize you don't have to make excuses for ****ty decisions just because you like the team.

Here's the thing. I don't think it was a shitty decision to let Landry go.

As a matter of fact, I think it would've been a shitty decision to pay him what Cleveland did.

If you're referencing other decisions about how we handled it, etc..well fine, make you're point. But the actual signing, or lack thereof, for Landry was a good decision. IMO, based on what he received versus what he produced.

Landry saying that Gase restricted his routes
I’m pretty sure that’s Landry trying to save face. I don’t believe him.

When you said that 11 million per year with half guaranteed for a slot WR with limitations is more than fair. Insinuating that he should have taken the 11 million.
I understood him saying that the Dolphins’ contract offer was not a sign of disrespect. That’s all he said. Nowhere did he say that Landry should have accepted that. He just said it was a fair offer.

I don't think many players look at it like that, and agree a lot of times the bragging rights of being paid like a top WR is more important than actually taking home the income of a top WR. Unfortunately this is an ego driven game.

Sidenote I gotta imagine the cost of living in OH compared to Miami might offset some of the money lost from taxes. Even houses in upper middle class coral gables are very expensive. I grew up in the bad parts of the Miami Date County area namely Hialeah and Carol City and even there rent would be north of $800 for a crappy small place.

It doesn’t matter that you can get a home for less in Cleveland. I’d bet you get a better percentage on the resale value in Miami

Landry is a pathological liar. He’s made it very easy to move on from him. He can’t shut up.

Biggest mistake this franchise has done letting Jarvis go. We will regret this in 2 years when WR,s are making 20 million a year. F U T-Bum

i stepped back and hit my head on a $55million pile of hard cash. Maybe you need to step over to a library and read the definition of disrespect.

and if you think replacing Landry with Wilson and Amendola was a "sh----y decision", well.... bless your heart.

For those unfamiliar with southern idioms, bless your heart is a phrase used either before or after a left-handed compliment is delivered.

Are you serious? You think that trading Jarvis Landry is the biggest franhise mistake EVER?

SMGDH
I do. Top 15 WR for a 4th round pick and didnt even want #1 WR money. #1 WR money is 20 million a year now. He played hard for us. Name a player we let go better than Landry? Get your google ready

There just seems to be an immaturity to landry, he gets traded to the only team that was willing to give him the kind of money he was looking for, he then signs the well overpaid contract and still you bash the Phins consistently....grow up man.

There just seems to be an immaturity to landry, he gets traded to the only team that was willing to give him the kind of money he was looking for, he then signs the well overpaid contract and still you bash the Phins consistently....grow up man.
He aint over paid at all. New WR contracts are 20 to 23 million a year. Top 12 to 15 like him are 16. Its the correct contract in my eyes. I do agree with the talk crap. He does need to grow up

I do. Top 15 WR for a 4th round pick and didnt even want #1 WR money. #1 WR money is 20 million a year now. He played hard for us. Name a player we let go better than Landry? Get your google ready

Not signing Drew Brees is this franchise's biggest mistake. I didn't need to google it.

Too many people confuse fantasy football PPR for what happens on the field. His YPC was atrocious, he gets stupid after the whistle penalties, it was reported that he didn't have a grasp of the playbook and his routes, he only once score more than 5 TD's, the list goes on. Even if Wilson and Amendola excel this year, there will still be those fans that want to piss and moan letting him go for "only a fourth round pick" when they didn't see any value in signing him for his perceived worth. I get it, you liked him. But life goes on.

For anyone complaining about the team "disrespecting" Landry with a low contract, that's how a negotiation works! The Dolphins offer 11, Landry says 15, and they meet at 13! From everything I've read, Landry wouldn't accept anything less than 15, which is more than the Dolphins were willing to pay, so they traded him to a team that would pay him what he wanted.
Juice got the money he wanted and needs to stfu and move on.
Agreed and I hope he does good for the Browns, but with Josh Gordon holding out of camp, he doesn't have another WR to take some attention away from him like he did with Stills in Miami. The Browns need to sign Dez Bryant fast because Gordon is one beer away from another suspension.

Back
Top Bottom