Landry Talking About Miami Again. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Talking About Miami Again.

Of course fans get to decide if THEY think it is a fair contract. Teams overpay for players all the time (see Wallace, Mike - Miami Dolphins).

He can feel disrespected and I can feel his is a dick for feeling disrespected. Thar's how it works.

Cousins is getting overpaid too, IMO.

Yes fans can decide if they THINK a contract is fair but fans don't set the market nor do fans get to decide what they think is fair contract is a truly fair contract in the NFL. Whats fair to me and you may be a slap in the face to Landry. They certainly do over pay players all the time, we have a few on our team and in all transparency I would feel some sort of way if my team wasn't willing to overpay me if I was one of the better players but chose to overpay some of the lesser players.

You certainly can feel he is a dick and express your disappointment in him or this team or anyone associated with this team, and if someone tells you how you to stop feeling excited or pessimistic about the upcoming season or to stop giving your opinion on player x, they are wrong.

Yep he sure is and just like he set the Market for the elite QB's, Landry set the market for not only slot WR's but elite WR's since they're going want to get paid substantially more than a slot guy. That's how the NFL works and will continue to work until zombie take over.

Well I wasn't initially responding to your post, hence where the disrespect narrative came from.

And once again nobody is saying that fans dictate anything, I am speculating on the market. The market did not dictate that a slot WR was getting paid $15 mil before this contract. And honestly I don't see Landry's contract as being one that will be accepted in negotiations as a market indicator because like I stated, the Browns literally had to spend money.

If you think he got a deserved contract then I wholeheartedly disagree and that's that. No sense in going in circles any longer.

I certainly wouldn't pay that dude 15 million per, but I'm not going to be upset at him for trying to get that number and than actually achieving his goal. Good for him for holding strong and good for the Dolphins for not caving in. I just hope we continue not caving in so we can stop with these awful contracts we've been given out lately.

IMO, the only relevant post in this thread is the one about Tannehill's response to landry... Which looks something like:

giphy.gif

I do. Top 15 WR for a 4th round pick and didnt even want #1 WR money. #1 WR money is 20 million a year now. He played hard for us. Name a player we let go better than Landry? Get your google ready

The offer Miami made would have made him the highest paid slot receiver in the league. He is currently the 4th highest paid receiver in the league. Do you believe he’s the 4th best receiver in the league?

For those unfamiliar with southern idioms, bless your heart is a phrase used either before or after a left-handed compliment is delivered.

Trying really hard to stay bowed out. It's tough when your getting insulted by someone who thinks going to the library to look up a definition is an adequate slight. That wasn't even funny before the internet.

I've gone over and over my position on this in graphic detail ... getting off this train that is clearly going around in circles.

We're finding out much to our surprise what a beyotch Landry really is. I kind of think that between his unwillingness and inability to learn Gase's routes and what has gone on behind the scenes, this is no surprise to the FO. Given his lack of speed to be anything more than a slot guy, although a great slot guy and his overall attitude, it looks like the FO set a "critical pricing point" beyond which living with Landry's attitude would not be worth the aggravation and frustration.

If "birds of a feather flock together" as the old adage goes, then being best buds with OBJ speaks volumes about Jarvis. Good for him getting his money.. but what other team aside from a 1-31 one that actually unbelievably retained the same coach who needed a flash signing like that to give its fans hope would fork over that much? Cleveland was the perfect storm for Landry!

We're finding out much to our surprise what a beyotch Landry really is. I kind of think that between his unwillingness and inability to learn Gase's routes and what has gone on behind the scenes, this is no surprise to the FO. Given his lack of speed to be anything more than a slot guy, although a great slot guy and his overall attitude, it looks like the FO set a "critical pricing point" beyond which living with Landry's attitude would not be worth the aggravation and frustration.

If "birds of a feather flock together" as the old adage goes, then being best buds with OBJ speaks volumes about Jarvis. Good for him getting his money.. but what other team aside from a 1-31 one that actually unbelievably retained the same coach who needed a flash signing like that to give its fans hope would fork over that much? Cleveland was the perfect storm for Landry!
Well we know some teams were willing to part ways with much better compensation, I read in VIP that as much as a first round pick was discussed, but backed out laughing their ass out when they heard his contract demands...

Not signing Drew Brees is this franchise's biggest mistake.
But Julio Jones (the best WR in the NFL) is on $10M - ie Jarvis is getting paid 50% more than Julio.
Thats a 4 year ago contract. WRs make 20 million now. Why Jones is in contact talks as we speak . But yes ill give you Brees. Our loser medical staff ruined that.. idiots

ah so its not just the qb and hc and team he hates, its the city aswell

if the coach or qb was soo bad, who threw him the ball a jugs gun?, who made the game plane for him? tanny and gase made this kid his money

Why can't he just let it go. I'm over talking about him

lol that guy is funny. Cleveland is such a great city so it couldn't even keep its homegrown hero LeBron James, dude left twice for Miami and LA for a reason.
I mean its beyond ridiculous now... He's taking shots at the Miami population... Talk about a ****ing child...

Back
Top Bottom