Landry Talking About Miami Again. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Talking About Miami Again.

We all liked landry while he was in miami but were now getting a glimpse of what a douchebag he really is...i mean does he expect people to believe adam gase didnt want him to run different routes? he is making himself look like a total asshole

just like when he said tannehill wouldnt work with the receivers in the offseason, yet theres pictures on the internet of tannehill working out with landry and matthews in the offseason a few years back....landry is just a liar, hes acting like a scorned ex gf

When you said that 11 million per year with half guaranteed for a slot WR with limitations is more than fair. Insinuating that he should have taken the 11 million. If he just took the 11 million because it was fair he would have lost out on the 15 million he eventually got. Pretty much if you just take what's fair your not really maximizing what you could get. If Kirk Cousins took what was fair he wouldn't have a fully guaranteed contract right now which means he wouldn't have maximized his earnings. He'd probably have a Tannehill like contract.
I'm really not understanding your stance on this. So he gets the right to say he was disrespected because we offered a SLOT receiver what a SLOT receiver is worth simply because he was able to get a contract from a team who literally had to spend money? Like, they were actively looking for ways to spend money because they were so far under the cap.

Saying that the offer isn't "disrespectful" is not synonymous with saying players shouldn't try to maximize contracts. Like I said, you can ask for whatever you'd like but don't get offended when you don't get it. Plain and simple.

Went from love to hate.... I ****ing hate this dude now. I honestly hope he has an awful season.

Now that I think about it I would fill disrespected if I was traded from a around 500 team . That has been in the playoff hunt the last month of the season my whole career. Only to be sent to a team that has 1 win in 2 season, what is that like .028 or close to it. Sorry if I’m wrong I’ve never had to do percentages that low in my head before.

He aint over paid at all. New WR contracts are 20 to 23 million a year. Top 12 to 15 like him are 16. Its the correct contract in my eyes. I do agree with the talk crap. He does need to grow up
But Julio Jones (the best WR in the NFL) is on $10M - ie Jarvis is getting paid 50% more than Julio.

I'm really not understanding your stance on this. So he gets the right to say he was disrespected because we offered a SLOT receiver what a SLOT receiver is worth simply because he was able to get a contract from a team who literally had to spend money? Like, they were actively looking for ways to spend money because they were so far under the cap.

Saying that the offer isn't "disrespectful" is not synonymous with saying players shouldn't try to maximize contracts. Like I said, you can ask for whatever you'd like but don't get offended when you don't get it. Plain and simple.

My stance is fans don't get to decide what a fair contract is or if a contract is more than fair. If Landry believes he a 15 million dollar WR than Landry believes fair compensation is 15 million dollars and if a team gives him that much than he was right in his evaluation of himself.

As far as disrespect thats not something I mentioned in my post but I mean if the guy feels disrespected, I'm certainly not going to tell someone how to feel or not feel. People ask him questions he answers them honestly that's his prerogative.

The top paid slot WR i believe is Doug Baldwin at 4/46-11.5 per. Landry wanted 3.5 million more than that. That's usually how these things work. Different players constantly setting the market. When Cousins a middle tier QB gets 28 million's he's setting the market for 30+ million for the true elite QB's.

My stance is fans don't get to decide what a fair contract is or if a contract is more than fair. If Landry believes he a 15 million dollar WR than Landry believes fair compensation is 15 million dollars and if a team gives him that much than he was right in his evaluation of himself.

Of course fans get to decide if THEY think it is a fair contract. Teams overpay for players all the time (see Wallace, Mike - Miami Dolphins).

As far as disrespect thats not something I mentioned in my post but I mean if the guy feels disrespected, I'm certainly not going to tell someone how to feel or not feel. People ask him questions he answers them honestly that's his prerogative.

He can feel disrespected and I can feel his is a dick for feeling disrespected. Thar's how it works.

The top paid slot WR i believe is Doug Baldwin at 4/46-11.5 per. Landry wanted 3.5 million more than that. That's usually how these things work. Different players constantly setting the market. When Cousins a middle tier QB gets 28 million's he's setting the market for 30+ million for the true elite QB's.

Cousins is getting overpaid too, IMO.

I hope the best for Landry in Cleveland and I think he will produce for them as well as he did for the Dolphins.
Landry saying that Gase restricted his routes plays right into what his current coach said about how they will be using Landry inside, outside and all over the field. He feels the love in Cleveland.
Meanwhile, Miami's strength at WR won't miss a beat.
his current coach is 1-31 LOL

At this point if Hue predicts a season full of sunshine, if I was a Cleveland fan, I'd pack a heavy duty umbrella!

Well I wasn't initially responding to your post, hence where the disrespect narrative came from.

And once again nobody is saying that fans dictate anything, I am speculating on the market. The market did not dictate that a slot WR was getting paid $15 mil before this contract. And honestly I don't see Landry's contract as being one that will be accepted in negotiations as a market indicator because like I stated, the Browns literally had to spend money.

If you think he got a deserved contract then I wholeheartedly disagree and that's that. No sense in going in circles any longer.

Back
Top Bottom