Landry Talking About Miami Again. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Talking About Miami Again.

Not only did he not know his routes, not only did he want to be overpaid, but the man, almost every game without fail was making stupid decisions after the play was over and was close to getting himself ejected multiple times, which effects the entire team. I think it is much better for us that he is gone.

I don't recall any bitching to the media while he was here.

The more we talk about it the more there is a reason for the media to report stories like this ... so I guess I'll do my part and bow out so we can discuss actual football news as the season nears.

He DID take shots at the front office on social media while he was here. I get where you're coming from. I agree the team has handled some things, like Landry, Ajayi, and Suh poorly. In the case of Landry, I think it was a legitimate case of the team seeing some things that they really didn't like in 2017 when adversity hit.

I'm mad about what happened with Suh, and I think Ajayi could have been handled a lot better (I do think Jay Ajayi was the problem, but I think the team was stupid for not moving him in the off-season), but with Landry, well, I feel like the Dolphins decided to eject after Landry got himself ejected from the Bills game.

I'm all for players getting maximum value. You have a limited time to play football. If you want to maximize your earnings, then do it. If you want to be like a Tom Brady and take less money because you want to win, then do it. But what bothered me the most with Landry was his decisions to take shots at his former teammates, who had NOTHING TO DO with his contract situation or the team's decision.

You're totally right, the market dictates what players get and he was way out of his league.

Also, where did I say that players shouldn't try to maximize contracts? You can try all you want but if its an arbitrary number don't call it "disrespect" when only the Browns are willing to pay you.

When you said that 11 million per year with half guaranteed for a slot WR with limitations is more than fair. Insinuating that he should have taken the 11 million. If he just took the 11 million because it was fair he would have lost out on the 15 million he eventually got. Pretty much if you just take what's fair your not really maximizing what you could get. If Kirk Cousins took what was fair he wouldn't have a fully guaranteed contract right now which means he wouldn't have maximized his earnings. He'd probably have a Tannehill like contract.

He and OBJ are total @ssclowns. I don't think a true professional has ever come out of LSU. Maybe there has but in Fournette, Russell, Guice, OBJ and Landry (the only LSU alums that I know of).

This guy needs to get over his infatuation with the Dolphins and stop playing the part of the jilted lover. It's over and they aren't taking you back. It's time to move on. You are just making yourself look immature and silly.

When you said that 11 million per year with half guaranteed for a slot WR with limitations is more than fair. Insinuating that he should have taken the 11 million. If he just took the 11 million because it was fair he would have lost out on the 15 million he eventually got. Pretty much if you just take what's fair your not really maximizing what you could get. If Kirk Cousins took what was fair he wouldn't have a fully guaranteed contract right now which means he wouldn't have maximized his earnings. He'd probably have a Tannehill like contract.

And after state tax that 15 is probably closer to 13. And we don’t know if the phins offered that or not. But his agent doesn’t care where he plays he’s going to push hard for the most money. It doesn’t matter if the net earnings are about the same. The agent gets payed on the gross wages. And with his ego the net doesn’t matter it’s the gross so he can have bragging rights.

If you would stop posting about Landry, we wouldn't have to see it everywhere.

Jesus, let it go.

(Staff edit - thread was directed at the media before merge)

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. Landry news is a finheaven exclusive for crying out loud.

Definitely needs to move on but 5 & $55 with $27 guaranteed? Then traded him for a 4th to Cleveland? If that's not being disrespected then I don't know what is.

I think the Dolphins told him over and over again that he'd be taken care of if he did his job on the field as he was playing into the last year of his contract ... then took a giant dump on his chest.

I'm a Dolphins fan and Dolphins fan only but some of you need to take a step back and really look at this situation for what it is. Then do the same thing with Suh and hopefully realize you don't have to make excuses for ****ty decisions just because you like the team.

i stepped back and hit my head on a $55million pile of hard cash. Maybe you need to step over to a library and read the definition of disrespect.

and if you think replacing Landry with Wilson and Amendola was a "sh----y decision", well.... bless your heart.

He’s interested in himself and money. We know that now. It was great fun watching him for a while there. I have no interest in him or anything he has to say now.

And after state tax that 15 is probably closer to 13. And we don’t know if the phins offered that or not. But his agent doesn’t care where he plays he’s going to push hard for the most money. It doesn’t matter if the net earnings are about the same. The agent gets payed on the gross wages. And with his ego the net doesn’t matter it’s the gross so he can have bragging rights.

I don't think many players look at it like that, and agree a lot of times the bragging rights of being paid like a top WR is more important than actually taking home the income of a top WR. Unfortunately this is an ego driven game.

Sidenote I gotta imagine the cost of living in OH compared to Miami might offset some of the money lost from taxes. Even houses in upper middle class coral gables are very expensive. I grew up in the bad parts of the Miami Date County area namely Hialeah and Carol City and even there rent would be north of $800 for a crappy small place.

Back
Top Bottom