Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Remember there is a probable 3rd round comp pick if he does move on so even in this scenario we'll get something.
yes but a 3rd is the most we would get. If you trade him for a 2nd then that's better. Not suggesting we should trade him. Just saying that trading him for a 2nd is better than getting a 3rd at the end of the round which make it really a 4th round pick. I love Landry but he's not worth the money you would pay a #1 imo. As long as you make a slot WR the focus of your offense you will never score enough points to make the offense great

Ozzy rules!!

No Trade I think. I believe he'll get an attitude about his Contract (I don't blame him), and take his services elsewhere. Yes...Maybe even the Pats. Landry's full potential will never be realized anyway, until he gets a Real QB chucking the rock to him. Maybe trading is the best way to come out of this with something. I Love the Guy, but this whole situation stinks.

Dolphins send Xavien Howard and Juice to the New York football Giants for DRC and the Giants 1st rounder in 2018, and 3rd rounder in 2019.
Xavien has potential, but he will never in his wildest dream become 6'2" with 33 inch arms and run 4.29 forty. DRC was ranked 5th in the league by PFF last year while playing boundary and slot.

Dolphins get an elite top 5 NFL CB and a mid 1st round pick? along with ?3rd in 19

Giants reunite Juice with OBJ and their offense just got lethal. Including DRC gets them the cap relief they need to sign Juice to a long term deal. They already have Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple so CB is still deep for them.

The reason I would do this deal is that IMO DRC is going to be another Terrence Newman and continue to play at a high level for another 5 years. We would have to give him an extension and turn his money this year into bonus and drop his cap number way down.

Obviously the Dolphins would look to trade Maxwell in 18. More likely ask him to take a pay cut or release him.

Dolphins send Xavien Howard and Juice to the New York football Giants for DRC and the Giants 1st rounder in 2018, and 3rd rounder in 2019.
Xavien has potential, but he will never in his wildest dream become 6'2" with 33 inch arms and run 4.29 forty. DRC was ranked 5th in the league by PFF last year while playing boundary and slot.

Dolphins get an elite top 5 NFL CB and a mid 1st round pick? along with ?3rd in 19

Giants reunite Juice with OBJ and their offense just got lethal. Including DRC gets them the cap relief they need to sign Juice to a long term deal. They already have Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple so CB is still deep for them.

The reason I would do this deal is that IMO DRC is going to be another Terrence Newman and continue to play at a high level for another 5 years. We would have to give him an extension and turn his money this year into bonus and drop his cap number way down.

Obviously the Dolphins would look to trade Maxwell in 18. More likely ask him to take a pay cut or release him.

Lol

yes but a 3rd is the most we would get. If you trade him for a 2nd then that's better. Not suggesting we should trade him. Just saying that trading him for a 2nd is better than getting a 3rd at the end of the round which make it really a 4th round pick. I love Landry but he's not worth the money you would pay a #1 imo. As long as you make a slot WR the focus of your offense you will never score enough points to make the offense great

Ozzy rules!!

I'd take a 3rd rounder and year of the best slot receiver in the NFL on a $900k salary over a 2nd and Carroo starting in the slot...

That being said, I want him to retire a Dolphin.

He's had 13 receiving touchdowns since he's been here. Unless someone offers higher than a 3rd i don't see the point of trading him at this point. If he puts up another five spot in the TD only a buffoon like Jeff Ireland will pay him 13 million a season.

Back
Top Bottom