Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

I don't know why everyone assumes we'll get a compensatory pick, do you guys actually know how the process works? We'll have some cap space after we cut some dead weight (Maxwell, J Thomas, maybe Pouncey/Juwan James), Suh's contract can again be restructured per overthecap ...we could be pretty active in FA.... if Landry walks I doubt we lose more free agents than we gain. Just look ahead to all the potential needs we could have next year, DT, G, C, CB, TE, Safety, maybe even OT...

If he signs with another team we will indeed get a pick but I agree we will probably use it plus some of ours to go get players.

The team's better with him on it so hopefully we'll work something out after the season's over.

No, if you lose a tier 1 player and add another in FA, you do Not get comp value. That is why they are called compensation. The team is being compensated for their loss, but it isn't a loss if you add another top player.

The guy is right. There is nothing even close to a guarantee of a comp pick if he walks.

Except it's not the past, bub. It's a recent situation that is currently affecting the team.

Agreed it is relevant, being a recent trade against a current proposed trade. The more i hear about that trade, the more i think it was a very good trade. I never thought it was a bad one, but I recently read when the Eagles came a callin', Ross had the team research the success rate of draft pics in both 8th and 13th position since xx years. When the research came back showing basically there was no difference, they went ahead with the trade. In this sense, it was not dumb luck that miami ended up with an excellent player with that 13th pick, rather a properly calculated risk. Plus, it goes along with my belief that pundits weigh too much value in draft picks vs proven talent. I'm not saying Alonzo and Maxwell are the be all end all, but starters at positions of desperate need at the time. 2 of em, for 5 spots in the draft that based on actual research amounted to a hill of beans? Good trade...We know those 5 spots were extremely important to philly so they could get their QB - for us, with various targets on the board, not so much.

If they trade Landry for a 2nd rounder, that seems foolish to me when he can play out the contract and be franchised- but i would definitely go along with a trade for another proven player, preferably of same age range.

No, if you lose a tier 1 player and add another in FA, you do Not get comp value. That is why they are called compensation. The team is being compensated for their loss, but it isn't a loss if you add another top player.

The guy is right. There is nothing even close to a guarantee of a comp pick if he walks.

The point is you get the value of his comp if he signs elsewheres that can be used to get another top player. If he signs with us the other player will cost one of our original picks right ?
Last year we traded some of our picks away but got a few back do to the comp picks.

If we decided to sign a bunch of tier 1 FA's agree we probably get no picks.

When Landry has the ball in his hands a score is always possible. Period. He's special. Trying to justify a second round pick for him is ludicrous. Your trading away a future hall of famer more determined than most to win Championships. If he were in his 30's or near or past his prime ok. But he's 25 and his best years are ahead. Good luck with that.

When Landry has the ball in his hands a score is always possible. Period. He's special. Trying to justify a second round pick for him is ludicrous. Your trading away a future hall of famer more determined than most to win Championships. If he were in his 30's or near or past his prime ok. But he's 25 and his best years are ahead. Good luck with that.
Then why doesn't he score more touchdowns?

Agreed it is relevant, being a recent trade against a current proposed trade. The more i hear about that trade, the more i think it was a very good trade. I never thought it was a bad one, but I recently read when the Eagles came a callin', Ross had the team research the success rate of draft pics in both 8th and 13th position since xx years. When the research came back showing basically there was no difference, they went ahead with the trade. In this sense, it was not dumb luck that miami ended up with an excellent player with that 13th pick, rather a properly calculated risk. Plus, it goes along with my belief that pundits weigh too much value in draft picks vs proven talent. I'm not saying Alonzo and Maxwell are the be all end all, but starters at positions of desperate need at the time. 2 of em, for 5 spots in the draft that based on actual research amounted to a hill of beans? Good trade...We know those 5 spots were extremely important to philly so they could get their QB - for us, with various targets on the board, not so much.

If they trade Landry for a 2nd rounder, that seems foolish to me when he can play out the contract and be franchised- but i would definitely go along with a trade for another proven player, preferably of same age range.

FGS....Just do a little research. Do you know what the tag is roughly going to be??????? Are you familiar with our cap situation??

There is no money! There really isn't any real world scenario that is going to give the Dolphins that kind of room. If they did clear cap for a 16 million dollar pending bill then they would really have to sacrifice elsewhere.

The point is you get the value of his comp if he signs elsewheres that can be used to get another top player. If he signs with us the other player will cost one of our original picks right ?
Last year we traded some of our picks away but got a few back do to the comp picks.

If we decided to sign a bunch of tier 1 FA's agree we probably get no picks.

Not a bunch, it only takes one player of perceived similar value to cancel his loss right out. Those pick formulas are there to give the picks only to teams that have lost value, and there is a limit on them. They only give out so many each year irregardless of how much loss was taken by however many teams.

We tried to skirt that a couple years ago by signing FA's who were released, because they don't count in the formula, but we ended up wasting tens of millions on guys like Mario Williams.

this is hilarious, we signed the scrub cutler so we can lose landry, this team's joke status will never end.alkjdfl;akjd;lkajdf;lkjak;dsfljdsfjfj

Jarvis Landry isn't a tier 1 player. Look at the production from tier 1 WRs. There is no comparison.

Now he's a future hall of famer. Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom