Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Not enough. We will never get a player like Landry in the 2nd without getting lucky. It would need to be a proven starter of his caliber or at least a 1st round pick.

We'll never get a caliber player like Jarvis Landry in the 2nd rd but we drafted Landry in the 2nd rd . . .

giphy.gif

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gase's offenses typically don't feature a third receiver. Their #2 TE is targeted about the same as their #3 WR. With Parker and Stills already in their roles, we will not pay a third receiver top dollar

We'll never get a caliber player like Jarvis Landry in the 2nd rd but we drafted Landry in the 2nd rd . . .

giphy.gif

Dolphins 2nd round picks pre Landry were pitiful forever. Sean Smith was okay - then before that I think it was Chambers in 01. Last few years have been much better, but I wouldn't put it as an odds on favorite that we can replicate that production from another 2nd. Pat White was pretty money though ...

Landry is a rare player that won't be easily replaced. You don't finally draft one and let him leave in trade or FA ... unless the trade is obscene. People always talk about the FO sending a 'good message' with the Branch and Alonso signings because they produced ... ish. Culture nonsense ... while the Pats got rid of their 2 best defenders and won another super bowl. The message we'd be sending by letting Landry go is that the team is run by mongoloids and is ripe for the picking.

Dolphins 2nd round picks pre Landry were pitiful forever. Sean Smith was okay - then before that I think it was Chambers in 01. Last few years have been much better, but I wouldn't put it as an odds on favorite that we can replicate that production from another 2nd. Pat White was pretty money though ...

Landry is a rare player that won't be easily replaced. You don't finally draft one and let him leave in trade or FA ... unless the trade is obscene. People always talk about the FO sending a 'good message' with the Branch and Alonso signings because they produced ... ish. Culture nonsense ... while the Pats got rid of their 2 best defenders and won another super bowl. The message we'd be sending by letting Landry go is that the team is run by mongoloids and is ripe for the picking.

I agree and I wasn't advocating the trade or value, just found the remark humorous that players of Landry's caliber can only be found in round one. Maybe that does pertain to us in someways, but it's not the case league wide

Of course anyone is tradable. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a horrible idea.
My idea with this is JARVIS wants to get paid, no duh. I'm in a wait & see mode. I'm picturing DVP having a big year with CUTLER at the helm along with STILLS picking up his numbers due to CUTLER also. STILLS being on a semi-cap friendly contract. DVP will need to be paid eventually. I just can't see paying those 3 big money. Losing JARVIS on the FA market, where a New England could pick him up would be stupid Part Duex (Welker). So if we can't pay him & I don't think we can, we have to get the most we can by trading him & not allowing him to hit FA. Just seems the smartest way to go. Also, like one of the other posters has stated, GASE probably wants the athletic TE to be featured more than the slot WR. JMO, of course.

Without Landry... Our WR core is Crapola. Parker has yet to PROVE anything in REAL games. Stills is a deep threat receiver and that's it. Landry Completes this receiving core. He's the ONLY receiver that we have that you can throw a 5 yard pass to and turn it into a 50 yard gain with little to know blocking. He's the ONLY receiver we have the LB's and DB's have to consider his whereabouts in the running game or risk getting concussed. He's the ONLY receiver we have that brings energy and infuses that energy into the rest of the team.. Defense included.

To make it seem as though he's "Just a slot receiver" Is crazy. Is he a speedster that will run past a bunch of DB's or win Jump balls? Nope, but who says that's the only way to be a #1 Receiver. How many of those #1 receivers will take a 7 yard slant and make 8 people miss en route to a 60 yard gain? How many of those #1 Wr's will put a DB on their backs and excite the entire stadium? How many of those #1 WR's will drop the shoulder on a DB on the side line instead of going out of bounds and instantly increase the energy level of the entire team?

What he brings to this team is just as valuable as what " Insert # 1 Receiver Here" brings to their team. So why not pay him as such?

My idea with this is JARVIS wants to get paid, no duh. I'm in a wait & see mode. I'm picturing DVP having a big year with CUTLER at the helm along with STILLS picking up his numbers due to CUTLER also. STILLS being on a semi-cap friendly contract. DVP will need to be paid eventually. I just can't see paying those 3 big money. Losing JARVIS on the FA market, where a New England could pick him up would be stupid Part Duex (Welker). So if we can't pay him & I don't think we can, we have to get the most we can by trading him & not allowing him to hit FA. Just seems the smartest way to go. Also, like one of the other posters has stated, GASE probably wants the athletic TE to be featured more than the slot WR. JMO, of course.

You pay your best players and play around with your under performing players..... ALA Byron Maxwell and his 8 million dollars.

I loved Adam's tone when he talked about this in his press conference, as if he was calling everyone who speculated on this an idiot. Thank you coach!!!

What about a player-for-player deal for Richard Sherman? Seahawks still shopping him? Anyone on here be happy with that deal?

I loved Adam's tone when he talked about this in his press conference, as if he was calling everyone who speculated on this an idiot. Thank you coach!!!

In all fairness, if we were shopping him, it wouldn't make sense for Gase to come right out and announce it..

What about a player-for-player deal for Richard Sherman? Seahawks still shopping him? Anyone on here be happy with that deal?

I'm sure I'll catch some **** for this, but Doug Baldwin is a better and more versatile slot WR than Landry so Seattle doesn't have a need there.

Back
Top Bottom