Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Without Landry... Our WR core is Crapola. Parker has yet to PROVE anything in REAL games. Stills is a deep threat receiver and that's it. Landry Completes this receiving core. He's the ONLY receiver that we have that you can throw a 5 yard pass to and turn it into a 50 yard gain with little to know blocking. He's the ONLY receiver we have the LB's and DB's have to consider his whereabouts in the running game or risk getting concussed. He's the ONLY receiver we have that brings energy and infuses that energy into the rest of the team.. Defense included.

To make it seem as though he's "Just a slot receiver" Is crazy. Is he a speedster that will run past a bunch of DB's or win Jump balls? Nope, but who says that's the only way to be a #1 Receiver. How many of those #1 receivers will take a 7 yard slant and make 8 people miss en route to a 60 yard gain? How many of those #1 Wr's will put a DB on their backs and excite the entire stadium? How many of those #1 WR's will drop the shoulder on a DB on the side line instead of going out of bounds and instantly increase the energy level of the entire team?

What he brings to this team is just as valuable as what " Insert # 1 Receiver Here" brings to their team. So why not pay him as such?

How many times has Landry taken a 7 yards slant 60 yards?

I was listening to WQAM during the F/A signing period, back in March. I believe the host on air at the time was Greg Liken, but I'm not sure. But I'll paraphrase what he was saying about Miami's WR situation. This of course was all predicated on Miami signing Landry to an extension. He felt that Miami could keep Stills, Landry and Parker in Miami until at least 2020; by re-signing Stills and Landry, then franchising Parker after 2018 and again after 2019. He wasn't to far off with that scenario. But unfortunately for Miami, Tannehill re injured himself, causing Miami to spend most of the roll over cap space going into 2018, on signing Cutler. This changed everything in terms of what Miami could do in 2017 with regard to signing Landry to a possible extension. There is a way Miami can recoup some of that lost roll over cap space, but that would require Miami cutting Maxwell now. I know cap space can become available by cutting other after 2017. But things are much tighter due to injury.

I agree and I wasn't advocating the trade or value, just found the remark humorous that players of Landry's caliber can only be found in round one. Maybe that does pertain to us in someways, but it's not the case league wide

Your right...but getting another Landry in round 2 would be a low probability.

Mike Lombardi says multiple teams are still telling him the Dolphins are trying to trade Landry...

Only way I can see this is if he's demanding top 5 money.

And gase telling the player he's going nowhere if it does happen will not sit well in the lockerroom.

Seems more like a leverage play to me. If Jarvis wants X amount of money (which is almost certainly ludicrous given his limitations), feeling out other teams on trade offers gives the Dolphins the ability to say, "yeah, If you're worth that, how come no one was willing to pony up a pick for you?"

Gase talked to Landry about trade rumors . Gase to Landry "There is no chance you're being traded!"

Thank god!

One way to gauge his worth and let his agent know. If we are offered a second round pick as the best offer we can get, then he isn’t worth being paid more than a second round pick. This is a part of negotiating a fair contract for him.

They don't pay according to draft value/status on extensions they pay according to your production and your play level.

Landrys played very high level football some of that production has been scheme driven at times no doubt but he took that production on a ypc aspect to an even higher level under a different scheme.

Top 5 money I can see Miami balking at but top 12 as a year away free agent I cannot. Happy medium may be top 8

I want to see dvp and juice in a fins uniform for the next decade barring injury. Do what we have to do to make it happen. It can be our dynamic duo.

Last edited:
With the Landry rumors and denials from the Dolphins it made me think about Lombardi and who is actually his sources. Maybe Lombardi isn't lying but maybe his sources are because he does have ties to the Patriots, and its such a coincidence that Edelman goes down and all the sudden Landry is on the trading block. Remind you of something (Welker years back). At the worse it make Landry doubt the front office and being he is the heart of the team makes him play less aggressive with a new contract and loyalty in the back of his mind. The Dolphins are the only team in the division that can even play with the Patriots and this is something right out of Belichick wheelhouse. Breed discontent and force the Dolphins front office to overpay to keep Landry around. Something smells here. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom