Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

I don't know why everyone assumes we'll get a compensatory pick, do you guys actually know how the process works? We'll have some cap space after we cut some dead weight (Maxwell, J Thomas, maybe Pouncey/Juwan James), Suh's contract can again be restructured per overthecap ...we could be pretty active in FA.... if Landry walks I doubt we lose more free agents than we gain. Just look ahead to all the potential needs we could have next year, DT, G, C, CB, TE, Safety, maybe even OT...

If you make every cut we possible can you can get us to $32 million in cap space. Half the league already has that much cap space for 2018 without cutting any of their questionable contracts. Cap space is a relative thing, and we are going to be in the bottom quarter of the league in that regard for the 2018 offseason. We won't be shopping really heavy in free agency. Also, if Cutler plays well, there is a decent chance he signs as a starting QB elsewhere for next year also contributing towards the compensatory formula.

I don't know why everyone assumes we'll get a compensatory pick, do you guys actually know how the process works? We'll have some cap space after we cut some dead weight (Maxwell, J Thomas, maybe Pouncey/Juwan James), Suh's contract can again be restructured per overthecap ...we could be pretty active in FA.... if Landry walks I doubt we lose more free agents than we gain. Just look ahead to all the potential needs we could have next year, DT, G, C, CB, TE, Safety, maybe even OT...
The comp formula is based on the size of contracts. If we lose Landry it will be to a HUGE contract, North of 12 million per. You think we are gonna sign anyone for that much money? No way.

We are getting a comp

Per Rotoworld the Dolphins are listening to trade offers for Jarvis Landry.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...de-offers-for-landry?ls=roto:MIA:topheadlines

It says:
According to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi, the Dolphins are "seriously" listening to any trade offers involving Jarvis Landry.

Per Lombardi, the Dolphins are "not going to re-sign" Landry to an extension after the season, and they are intent on turning over the passing-game focal point reins to DeVante Parker, evidenced by Parker's No. 1 wideout usage during the preseason. ... Still, we suspect the Fins would at least would a second-round pick in return, and we suspect few if any teams would be willing to pay that price for a capped-ceiling slot receiver.

If true teams can just go after him once the season is done. No need to give up anything.

Thank goodness they missed a FG against us as regulation time expired or they would have won 2 ****ing games last year.

#CodyParkeyMVP

Yep. I was there. Saw it with my own horror-filled eyes. Cleveland is the worst team in the league until proven otherwise.

Jarvis Landry isn't a tier 1 player. Look at the production from tier 1 WRs. There is no comparison.
It's not a matter of opinion or even stats. It's about the contract he gets and how many games he plays in, including playoff games. I really hate that part of the formula, but it is what it is. Somebody will pay him. Somebody always does in these cases. Detroit will probably be needy next off season. Buffalo, the Bears.

FGS....Just do a little research. Do you know what the tag is roughly going to be??????? Are you familiar with our cap situation??

There is no money! There really isn't any real world scenario that is going to give the Dolphins that kind of room. If they did clear cap for a 16 million dollar pending bill then they would really have to sacrifice elsewhere.

you might be right - I'm not a big salary cap study so not in any position to debate this, but I do know that every year people say we are doomed with the cap, but we always manage to make the moves we set out to make. As long as it can be done without getting rid of another young stud.

But not to get to far away from the point - i'm in favor of trading him if our hand is forced - just not for another 2nd rd pick that would then have to be converted into a successful pick and development. Would much prefer proven talent, or try to hold onto him.

There's no such thing as a "dime or dozen" position in the NFL. You need talented play makers at key positions and adept coaching to be a good football team.

You can get by with C grade receivers if you have a Hall of Fame quarterback. We do not have such, so we need talent. Let's not kid ourselves.

Trading Juice would be some short sighted bullshit...you can't quantify the attitude he brings to the offense and the team. His attitude is contagious and innate, you can't just replace someone with a will to win like that. Sorry...you just can't.

The floor on a trade offer should be a high 2nd.

Not enough. We will never get a player like Landry in the 2nd without getting lucky. It would need to be a proven starter of his caliber or at least a 1st round pick.

Back
Top Bottom