Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

For those of you saying that we should have let him walk and then gotten a compensation pick, you don't understand how that works.
Comp picks are not awarded just because you lose a player. They are awarded based on your net gain/loss after figuring out ALL of the moves a team made in FA.
In other words, if Landry left, but we signed a couple of guys with 'his money... we'd get nothing.

Look out for Cleveland they're going to acquire some people this offseason and I predict they're going to win some games

This one hurts, it better have a 1st round pick involved with this trade.

Picks great when you have a clue how to build a balanced squad that can compete at elite level.

This football ops is clueless, reactionary, all about self preservation, has yet to build a single facet on this team that is remotely elite. Would not trust grier and tannenbaum to buy carton of eggs at the grocery store let alone turn coming picks into top tier NFL players.

Possibly, but by this logic, it wouldn't matter to you what they got in return, would it?

Browns had 33, 34, 64 (2nd) and 65 (3rd). Makes sense.... they were never going to give us picks that were almost like late 1st rounders... Though 64 would have been a 2nd rounder, its basically the same as 65.

That’s a fair point. Still doesn’t make me feel better

lol @ anyone in here who thought 3-yard-and-a-cloud-of-dust Landry would fetch a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Every team in the NFL would instantly vomit in laughter the second that was even proposed. Getting a high 3rd isn't sexy but it is all that would EVER be given up for that guy. Bye Felicia.

For those of you saying that we should have let him walk and then gotten a compensation pick, you don't understand how that works.
Comp picks are not awarded just because you lose a player. They are awarded based on your net gain/loss after figuring out ALL of the moves a team made in FA.
In other words, if Landry left, but we signed a couple of guys with 'his money... we'd get nothing.

Sign who . . . With what money?

We sign cut guys . . . That doesn’t factor into the formula.

What UFA we signing with all he cap space we have?

Schefter is reporting that neither of the picks are a first or second rounder. god i hope Tannenbaum didn't F this up.

if you guys are mad now wait till draft night when we give the browns #11 and both thirds to get a qb at #4

I'm kidding but part of me can't put it past this fo

Will it be Tannehills fault when Parker misses 10 games and we can’t scare anyone with just Stills? Damn it....

Why is everyone surprised we didn't get a 2nd? Did y'all see what other players have been traded for in regards to draft picks? The market dictated this. Plus we all know everyone would have cried if we were the team trading for Landry and gave up a 2nd and a huge contract for a slot WR. If it's the Browns 3rd pick, then it's a huge win for us because we were goina let him walk.

Back
Top Bottom