Larnel Coleman getting noticed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larnel Coleman getting noticed

I saw a lack of awareness and technique, not a lack processing speed.

The processing speed problem was visible last year especially while he was playing guard, however, it is quite possible he was simply confused by what was being asked of him from the scheme. I know I was confused trying to figure out what they were trying to do....lol.

Didn’t Coleman give up consecutive sacks yestergay to Shaq to end practice?

Shaq in full pin ears speed rush time is a problem for just about any tackle. Lots of em at least.

I read sometbing also that gesicki whiffed on someone for a sack too at the end. But who knows

Id rather read it’s Coleman giving em up than jackson

You burned a top 40 pick on eich and traded up in the process.

Odds are good your fixing to regret it. If you don’t already lol

I think that ones headed down the igbo path unless you good with serviceable type top 40 picks. Which you shouldn’t be

Jackson had a bad body last year. Didn’t put in the work like he did this offseason. Especially core strength was lacking.

Feels like he’s taking his craft serious now. Want to see if those tackle feet are back

Sure would be nice to see that on tape on Sunday with Coleman

Look the part

About the same size as Robert Tractor Traylor — R.I.P.

Definitely excited about seeing Coleman getting some extra run in these 3 preseason games. Seems like he’s held up well in camp when Armstead isn’t in.

IMO Diesch fits the system very well. In fact, the scouting reports on Diesch were similar to Armstead's when he came out. I think people are under-rating him b/c he went undrafted. And perhaps over-rating Little b/c of where he was drafted.
You might be right. My take was based on dietsch needing to add weight as he came out super light for an OT. Wasn't he a converted TE?

You burned a top 40 pick on eich and traded up in the process.

Odds are good your fixing to regret it. If you don’t already lol

I think that ones headed down the igbo path unless you good with serviceable type top 40 picks. Which you shouldn’t be

Given the % of draft picks even in late round 1 and 2 that aren't even in the league and certainly not starting after their first contract a servicable player around 40 is entirely acceptable. Every pick isn't going to be a superstar.

Would be an absolute Dolphins move to finally find a gem at tackle late in the draft the year they back up the brinks truck for a veteran tackle.

Better than the issues we typically have at the position i must say.
Well it's not too late since we know Armstead's backup will get some play. And we have him on rookie contract for this year and next--though if he shows out this season it might be wise to extend him.

Given the % of draft picks even in late round 1 and 2 that aren't even in the league and certainly not starting after their first contract a servicable player around 40 is entirely acceptable. Every pick isn't going to be a superstar.

Boy I wish you were the owner if I’m the gm lol

Boy I wish you were the owner if I’m the gm lol

There's a difference between aiming for something and accepting a positive result.

Of course you aren't aiming for servicable, but are you telling me that you'd rather pick a bust than end up with a servicable starter?

Repeated mediocrity is bad, but getting a servicable starter outside the top 20 isn't a terrible draft choice you should regret.

Coleman can be a serviceable Tackle but he needed coaching which he was not going to get here last year. All this BS about a “processing speed problem “ is pure conjecture. Any good prospect will benefit from good coaching and game experience, and BTW Shaw destroys good OT’s

Actually AJ has been very good as well. He and Hunt were the two that Armstead pointed out as playing well in Tampa. The other guy that's been mentioned positively is Robert Jones. I liked him in the brief glimpse we got last year. At his point I'm guessing that our line this year will be Armstead, Eich, Williams, Hunt, AJ with Deiter, Jones, Coleman and possibly Dietch as the back ups.
I thought Coleman fashed a little last year as well. I remember some posts of that nature anyway.

Not everyone is NFL ready out of college so developing players is crucial. Hopefully, some of these young linemen can reach their potential.

Thanks for posting this! Now take a look at his arm length! It is 36.25"! That is freakishly long! Maybe the longest in the league. His Bench Press says 24 reps. If he had 34" arms, which is probably the average in the league, his Bench Press would be in the 30+ range! He rates Elite in Explosion! Now, can he learn the position at the NFL level? If he can then we have our future Left Tackle for years to come!

Back
Top Bottom