Larnel Coleman getting noticed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larnel Coleman getting noticed

There's a difference between aiming for something and accepting a positive result.

Of course you aren't aiming for servicable, but are you telling me that you'd rather pick a bust than end up with a servicable starter?

Repeated mediocrity is bad, but getting a servicable starter outside the top 20 isn't a terrible draft choice you should regret.
I agree, as long as you hit good with some of the picks. For example, take Eich (I think his floor at guard is fine) and Holland as a pair of picks. I'll take that. Now if none of your top 3 rd picks work out, that's a different matter.

I thought Coleman fashed a little last year as well. I remember some posts of that nature anyway.

Not everyone is NFL ready out of college so developing players is crucial. Hopefully, some of these young linemen can reach their potential.
The Patsies (bastards) have had a lot of good linemen over the years that sat a year or two being developed. That's part of being a long term successful organization. Not just with linemen either.

I agree, as long as you hit good with some of the picks. For example, take Eich (I think his floor at guard is fine) and Holland as a pair of picks. I'll take that. Now if none of your top 3 rd picks work out, that's a different matter.

Definitely.

In my eyes the reality is that most guys who enter the league don't make it.

There are 704 total starting offensive and defensive spots in the league. 224 new players are drafted every year.

Those numbers alone tell you that most guys you draft won't be starters in the league.

So I agree you want to hit big on some of those picks and get top starters, but in my opinion any time you grab a servicable starter you're winning.

Especially on the offensive line where scheme fit and play as a unit can be more important than raw talent.

This would be a great development if Coleman can be a backup swing tackle (as a start). Those guys are not the easiest to find. Coleman looked limited to me in pre-season last year but it's great to hear that he is making progress. Looking forward to seeing him against TB.

Shaq in full pin ears speed rush time is a problem for just about any tackle. Lots of em at least.

I read sometbing also that gesicki whiffed on someone for a sack too at the end. But who knows

Id rather read it’s Coleman giving em up than jackson
I’d read it was on Gesicki ad well. I also heard that AJ did a pretty good job against Shaq.

Per reports
I thought Coleman fashed a little last year as well. I remember some posts of that nature anyway.

Not everyone is NFL ready out of college so developing players is crucial. Hopefully, some of these young linemen can reach their potential.
IMO most drafted OL need to get stronger. I hate when a guy like Eich gets labeled as "plug and play". It's usually wrong and sets up unreasonable expectations. I want our OL to reach the point where we can draft OL we can let sit and develop for a year or two and then plug in when there are injuries or FA losses.

At first I was thinking Justin Coleman and how he always gots noticed by the opposing QB when he’s on the field. Glad he’s gone.

Thanks for posting this! Now take a look at his arm length! It is 36.25"! That is freakishly long! Maybe the longest in the league. His Bench Press says 24 reps. If he had 34" arms, which is probably the average in the league, his Bench Press would be in the 30+ range! He rates Elite in Explosion! Now, can he learn the position at the NFL level? If he can then we have our future Left Tackle for years to come!

Agreed. I have a freaky wingspan - about 78" - at 6'2". It always killed my bench press because of the fulcrum point. I'd always lock out, and couldn't break through 235 pounds. Bench is a lousy strength indicator.

Coleman definitely stands out. On a line of bad players he's the worst.

I don't pay attention to camp reports for OL because every year there's a guy pumped up who couldn't block a cheerleader once preseason starts.

Coleman just got abused by Cam Gill for a 3rd down sack. Glad it's just preseason, there's work to be done.

And? One drive in the first preseason game 🙄
To be fair, the guy he was blocking was in on almost every play. If he is our Armstead insurance, he either has to improve quickly, or we will be in trouble. Ideally we'd find a vet option to be our swing tackle.

Back
Top Bottom