Latest Fiedler Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Fiedler Update

So much for the trade theory of getting rid of Fiedler.

Spielman has made some nice decisons but by keeping Fielder this move is going to come back and cost him his job.

CUT HIM for christ sakes.And for the Fiedlers fans F YOU. MOD NOTE: Now was the 2nd part of the line absolutely necessary? You are new, just to warn you, DONT get in TTT's Doghouse
clear.gif

Name 1 team right now that Fiedler could start for.

By keeping Fiedler Spielman has just started a QB contreversy and the players on the team are going to be split on who should start.
Without team chemistry we will have no chance.Thanks RS.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't the best news to have. I really think they want Feeley to be the starter, at least Rick does anyway. With Fiedler lurking around, even in a backup role, it is going to be hard for this kid to ever make a mistake. As soon as he doesn, the Fiedler-ites will come out in droves.

It works the other way too. As soon as Fiedler makes a mistake. Feeley supporters will be out calling for his head. If they are serious about changing this position up, they need to commit to it and drop Jay Fiedler. Otherwise, problems most likely will arise.

i dont think its as bad as years past for one obvious reason:

In years past, the retention of Fiedler was obvious, as other veterans were brought it to compete for the starting job. This year, AJ was acquired while the plan to trade/cut Fielder was in the works, with AJ being the named starter and acquired at such a high price.

Now how many people on this board have agreed to the fact that Fiedler would be an awesome backup with the only stipulation of him coming back at a lower cost? just about 80-90% (save the ones who are totally anti-fiedler or are insanely pro-rivers). with the proposed restructuring, he'll cost less, and be here to "compete" for the starting job. Im not a guy who has even once made a "sure fire" comment regarding next season, but ill put $100 on the fact that AJ will start, with Fiedler at #2(if he is here).

Rick has had a lot of offseason moves, and until it all pans out, good or bad, he's getting the go-ahead from me

He would be a good back up for another team(yes) but not Miami.

It WILL only split the players in the locker room.

When will these writers understand that the cap savings must include adjusting for the top 51

Cap savings NOT $485,000, it's $255,000

the players will only be split in the locker room if Fiedler is immature enough to make a fuss if he loses the starting spot. The rest of the players would perform fine, possibly even better. Im not too worried about this at all

When are you going to get it.The team CHEMISTRY!!

You can have all the talent in the world but without chemistry you won't have a chance at winning.

i know exactly what team chemisty is. Ive seen the Replacements! :lol: Where was it in Tennessee, against the Eagles, how bout against the Chargers? Oh wait..we did have chemisty against the Chargers, but Griese was under center!

I have no doubt that AJ can and will lead this team into smash mouth football and win. Whose to say the chemisty wont be there for Feeley? Sure, it might not, but how do you know it wont? Chemisty comes from respect and trust in your leader. What ive read and seen of Feeley, he's one of the more respectable players in this league and the rest of the fins will follow him if it comes to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree with Snicker here.

Fiedler is a quality BACKUP, keyword BACKUP. Feeley better be the starter or fans are going to be in a uproar. I think you HAVE to start Feeley. Not only for the fans but Feeley isnt going to learn to much more sitting on the bench any longer than he already has. If the Feeley move doesnt work for the phins then we have J to come in and play, and as horrible as it sounds I think it is the safe conservative move. I am a fan of this as long as Feedler restructers to give us some cap room. 3.7 Million seems a little steep for the backup QB spot, but I dont keep up with backup QB salaries.

But it will be irrelevant who is back there without quality upgrades at the O-Line, except maybe Vick. If the front office can make some quality O-Line moves we should be OK.

BTW, I dont give a **** I still want Rivers.

Originally posted by mbmonk

i was going to start a timer to see when the first Rivers reference was :lol:

and thanks...support is needed at my tired state :)

I don't trust this FO when it comes to bringing in offence lineman or drafting one.
It has been terrible since the JJ era and it still has not changed.
We had one adequate starter Todd Wade.And he sure is not worth no 10mil signing bonus.

The last 2 pro bowl offence lineman for the dolphins were in the Shula era(Webb/Ruddy).

Thats 1 sad statistic.

Originally posted by mbmonk
I tend to agree with Snicker here.

Fiedler is a quality BACKUP, keyword BACKUP. Feeley better be the starter or fans are going to be in a uproar. I think you HAVE to start Feeley. Not only for the fans but Feeley isnt going to learn to much more sitting on the bench any longer than he already has. If the Feeley move doesnt work for the phins then we have J to come in and play, and as horrible as it sounds I think it is the safe conservative move. I am a fan of this as long as Feedler restructers to give us some cap room. 3.7 Million seems a little steep for the backup QB spot, but I dont keep up with backup QB salaries.

But it will be irrelevant who is back there without quality upgrades at the O-Line, except maybe Vick. If the front office can make some quality O-Line moves we should be OK.

Originally posted by Snickersbps

i was going to start a timer to see when the first Rivers reference was :lol:

and thanks...support is needed at my tired state :)

Let me be the third to say, I still want Rivers also. can't wait until FA starts so we can see what we really paid to get AJ. Im not sure if JF will be like Bledsoe & opening support AJ while sitting on the bench. not good if he starts to complain & we have a QB controversy. if he is our backup, i hope he supports AJ for the better of the team.

Back
Top Bottom