Latest Fiedler Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Fiedler Update

New poster,old Dolphin fan since 1970, ah, the good ole days! I wanted to support Fieldler when he first came here, but its time for him to go,IMO. Forget the protection issue, when he does have time, he is so inacurate it is not even funny, and thats on the mid-range throws, long range, it gets worse ! To much controversy if he stays, plus , its been what 4 years? Dan Marino has always been right about this guy, and I wonder if he knew this was a possibility of Jay staying, is why he honestly didnt keep the new position to begin with !

Originally posted by dolphindan1970
New poster,old Dolphin fan since 1970, ah, the good ole days! I wanted to support Fieldler when he first came here, but its time for him to go,IMO. Forget the protection issue, when he does have time, he is so inacurate it is not even funny, and thats on the mid-range throws, long range, it gets worse ! To much controversy if he stays, plus , its been what 4 years? Dan Marino has always been right about this guy, and I wonder if he knew this was a possibility of Jay staying, is why he honestly didnt keep the new position to begin with !

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome dolphindan1970! I couldnt agree with you more. It seems like even the die hard fans are turning their backs at this point. Feidler seems to be losing supporters by the minute.

Originally posted by Unconquered
My question was what were they ranked when they WON the SB...not lost.

The Rams defense was ranked #4 in the NFL in scoring (#2 in the NFC) in 1999, the year they beat the Titans to win the Super Bowl.

that's funny....I don't recall Dan ripping apart fiedler last year on Inside the NFL on HBO....but I do recall him saying several good things about him the whole time everyone kept saying Griese this Griese that...

And btw, Fiedler has a higher completion % over the past 4 years then the avg. NFL QB....59% vs. 57% with a higher ypc as well (6.9 vs. 6.4). Hmm....what was the argument again?

I'm all for him going if we can find someone better.

On a side note, Welcome Aboard :)

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

The Rams defense was ranked #4 in the NFL in scoring (#2 in the NFC) in 1999, the year they beat the Titans to win the Super Bowl.

Thanks Dr, knew you could find the stat.......that's a far cry from being dead last, Unconqured eh?

(dr, not that supporting one view or the other, but I appreciate you digging up what it was though).

At this point, I admit to being completely irrational and pig-headed about Fiedler. I want him gone; right or wrong that's where I am.

I've never been a Jay Fiedler basher but the time has come to try someone else. I have sat in the stands at every home game since Fiedler's been around and I've had enough of his inconsistency to last me a life time. I kept hoping he'd have this breakout game that would be the turning point, but it's always the same with him.

He needs to leave and the FO has to back up their conviction on AJFeeley by giving him the football without a QB controversy. IMO, he can't be any worse than Fiedler. At least he's got an upside; which Fiedler has proven he doesn't have!

Please Jay, find yourself another team!

Can't imagine that's the case, as we were technically still planning to make a run at Brunell at that point. Marino also left before our rebuffed pursuit of Patrick Ramsey and the subsequent Feeley deal. So I don't buy that conspiracy theory.

How about the last two seasons (no playoff appearance)...those avgs have to be lower than NFL avg, Jay has been on the decline, esp. after the injury against Denver to his thumb

lol, now that's actually being honest not irrational. That's easier to live with (your opinion) rather then false accusations and placing the whole team's problems on him. I'd like to find an upgrade so my heart doesn't flutter whenever he throws the ball :lol: I just wish we were more sure as to who's coming in (or their ability)......maybe in a couple of weeks I'll feel even better :)

Originally posted by #1NY PhinFan
How about the last two seasons (no playoff appearance)...those avgs have to be lower than NFL avg, Jay has been on the decline, esp. after the injury against Denver to his thumb

you know, i don't really care one way or the other, I just love playing devil's advocate here.

did u know with a 10-6 record last year we would have won the AFC East and had a good shot at a 1st round bye? This year we don't even get a wild card spot with that record? Uh....can we say the past year was a bit of an aberration with the Pats and their angel on their shoulder(s).?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

The same year they averaged like 30pts given up per game? :lol:

I want the link to that stat!!

Originally posted by jbond
did u know with a 10-6 record last year we would have won the AFC East and had a good shot at a 1st round bye?
IMHO 10-6 is kind of a pathetic record with the amount of talent on this team. Even if it is good enough for a first round bye and all that. Dont worry about what the rest of the league is doing, just go out and win. Jay does not give us the best chance to win.

Back
Top Bottom