Latest Fiedler Update | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Fiedler Update

i can't argue with that much. But the O has been pretty much the problem since Wanny has been HC for 4 yrs now with very little improvements in that area. Wanny may not be stupid enough to go against Rick and Wayne, ;) , but is he smart enought NOT to tho!

He!! yeah.............................Lets go Jay.....................make all these females crawl!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me who lost the following games from last season and I'll gladly place blame where blame is due. My answers are there....

1) Houston - home - defense - didn't show up (literally told the opposing player's it was practice)
2) NE - home - Mare...special teams....2 missed kicks, he didn't think it was important enough to practice on the field before the game
3) Colts - home - we were clearly outplayed (outcoached) that game, but STILL could have won. Ricky misses a chipshot on a DE (freeney) and Griese is sacked for a fumble.
4) Tenn - away - 2 TD's allowed in the tits first 2 possesions.....uh....where's our Defense?
5) NE - away - bad weather, etc. make it a difficult game. questionable FG by NE, McMichael doesn't pick up a blitz on a potentially scoring drive (results in sack/fumble) and ALSO doesn't pick up on a bone-headed playcall by Norv to throw it on our own 5 yard...INT result.
6) Philly - home - Defense ---- 24 missed tackles that game!!! Jay and the boys put up 27pts.

Now....with only $3.5 mill last year going to Fiedler and somethin like $60mill a year going to the defense....special team players who don't think it's important to practice before a game.....you think that Jay is the cancer? Please explain....

I'm all for upgrading Jay but I think it's ridiculous that so many people constantly blame Jay for the team's problems.

Can I make a request? If I never heard the terms "locker room cancer" or "team cancer" again, I would be very happy. Two reasons:

1) I have heard the term applied many, many times when it's just not appropriate. Very few players have the power to, on their own, kill a team. It's a cliche that's WAAYY overused.

2) It's just an ugly analogy that, in my opinion, is an insult to those who've actually suffered from cancer.

Now I should point out that I am FAR from a supporter of political correctness, and that applies to sportscasting and commentary as well. I thought it was laughable last year that sports announcers had to think twice about using military metaphors in wartime. Puhlease ... a long bomb is a long bomb and has been for many years.

That said, I just bristle when I hear the term "cancer" bandied about willy-nilly. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks Z, now....."Me"Shawn has the potential to kill the team.....maybe even TO does as well.....

Originally posted by jbond
Tell me who lost the following games from last season and I'll gladly place blame where blame is due. My answers are there....
1) Houston - home - defense - didn't show up (literally told the opposing player's it was practice)
2) NE - home - Mare...special teams....2 missed kicks, he didn't think it was important enough to practice on the field before the game
3) Colts - home - we were clearly outplayed (outcoached) that game, but STILL could have won. Ricky misses a chipshot on a DE (freeney) and Griese is sacked for a fumble.
4) Tenn - away - 2 TD's allowed in the tits first 2 possesions.....uh....where's our Defense?
5) NE - away - bad weather, etc. make it a difficult game. questionable FG by NE, McMichael doesn't pick up a blitz on a potentially scoring drive (results in sack/fumble) and ALSO doesn't pick up on a bone-headed playcall by Norv to throw it on our own 5 yard...INT result.
6) Philly - home - Defense ---- 24 missed tackles that game!!! Jay and the boys put up 27pts.
Now....with only $3.5 mill last year going to Fiedler and somethin like $60mill a year going to the defense....special team players who don't think it's important to practice before a game.....you think that Jay is the cancer? Please explain....
I'm all for upgrading Jay but I think it's ridiculous that so many people constantly blame Jay for the team's problems.

Cant he just win games....a good qb will take the team, the whole team...the poor defense, kickers missed FGs, whatever and just WIN THE GAME. So you are telling me that Jay needs a superstar supporting cast who almost never makes mistakes to win. That may be good enough for you and Dave...but not me.

Fine, I wont blame Jay for the teams problems, but he sure as hell isnt the solution either.

Agreed. We need a better QB. I'm just waiting (for years) for us to find one. And until we shell out some serious cash (or get lucky....i.e. now Feeley) we're going to have to make do. Our team is designed around a kicka-s defense to shut down the Mannings, Favres etc. and let our mediocre offense go after someone else's mediocre defense. That has generally worked (11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6). However, when ST or D doesn't show up and we lose....everyone starts blaming the O and Fiedler. Well, when we dedicate 2/3 of our money to the O...I'll start calling for their heads....until then, I'll start calling for those who make the money and don't play consistent. At least we know what we have when Jay plays.....he's consistenly average while our D is awesome one week and laughable the next. To make our O into a killing machine we'd need to cut back alot of our D. That theory worked (to a degree) during the Marino era but never panned out either. So, I guess we need to come to some kind of medium or else get extremely lucky with some draft picks and trades.

Ok, I see your point...maybe for last year. But lets go back 2 years ago. Best rushing game in the NFL, Ricky was on fire. Chambers at WR and McMicheal at TE, near the best at those positions in the NFL. Gasden on the other side at WR...not the best but still a starter, still making amazing catches and pretty consistent. Who does that leave us with...Jay. But oh wait...Lucas lost a few of those games right? Well if Jay was the kind of QB that could finish a 16 game season we wouldnt have had that problem. Then people would argue that the O-line was playing poorly allowing Jay to get hit alot. Is this the same O-Line that, i think, could have blocked for the Back with the new single game and single season rushing records. They must have been doing something right. Oh, and the Defense was 3rd in the NFL! So if we eliminate The defense, the WRs, the TE, the O-Line...who does that leave...Jay!

An example in action. End of the NE game, we were backed up in our own endzone. Dave and Norv out the game in Jay's hands. Three pass plays in a row when everyone and their grandma was thinking run. Jay couldnt complete 1 pass....1 f'n pass. Pathetic. And this is the NE that was mediocre and finished 9-7 just like us. Jay was no where to be found when we needed him the most and he could have been the hero.

Sorry, but Im just not feelin your love.

tis okay.....but hey....who let NE come back a couple of TDs at the end in the last 4 minutes of the game? I'll give you a hint....DEFENSE :) We had that game sealed off with only 4 minutes left....Who kicked the ball / shanked it out at NE's 40? And the Vikings the game before....who couldn't shut down their O ? Who let them get close enough to kick the winning FG? And how about the real kicker from a few years ago....the Monday Night Miracle....Jets coming back 4+ TDs in the 4th qtr?.....how long do you want to go back?

Did you ever wonder why Ricky's numbers dropped so much this year? Every team we played t'd off on our run game b/c they knew Jay could not beat even a bad defense. Now that Norv is gone (finally) the last weak link is Feidler..No restructure, no pay cut, NO OFFER.....Good Riddance

Also, our D is always having to bail out our O, how about we get a good lead for once and our D can have a little room. We have the talent, just not the diversity or consistancy. We don't need a star QB, just a smart and consistant one, the rest of the O will fill the talent bill.

IMHO

I thought they were #1 if not in the top 3.....I really couldn't tell you other then they were pretty damn good......why don't you tell me and let me know how it's relevant and if they played more consistently then our defense......somehow I think they did. Just like NE's last year....they were consistently better.....not great one week and sh1tty the next. That's our D.

Originally posted by #1NY PhinFan
Did you ever wonder why Ricky's numbers dropped so much this year? Every team we played t'd off on our run game b/c they knew Jay could not beat even a bad defense. Now that Norv is gone (finally) the last weak link is Feidler..No restructure, no pay cut, NO OFFER.....Good Riddance

Also, our D is always having to bail out our O, how about we get a good lead for once and our D can have a little room. We have the talent, just not the diversity or consistancy. We don't need a star QB, just a smart and consistant one, the rest of the O will fill the talent bill.

IMHO

It's a good theory. My theory is we had a rookie LT that needed help....a LG / Nails with an injury that takes 18 months to get 100% on but he was playing after only 4-6 months.....a line that couldn't do squat......only 1 good receiver (CC) who was doubled up on by the FS and the corner most of the time leaving our #2 WR (Thompons.....no Newsome...no....McKnight....no....Gadsen....who can be our #2 guy) which couldn't break free enough to be open. Just who do you want Jay to throw to with double coverage on CC all the time and a #2 that can't break free? McMichael for a shovel pass.....or Ricky in the backfield for a loss or to only gain 2-3 yards? They didn't throw much this year to Konrad either.

I blame our lack or a passing game on Jay and the fact we never had receivers open for him to throw to (the few times they were, he overthrew them more often then not....but more chances means more connections). That said, our passing game was pretty much taken out from the get go from the opposing defense which allowed 8 men to stack the box against the run and TE's / dumpoffs.....as we never go to a 3 WR set cuz we didn't even have a solid #2 guy.

Originally posted by jbond
I thought they were #1 if not in the top 3.....I really couldn't tell you other then they were pretty damn good......why don't you tell me and let me know how it's relevant and if they played more consistently then our defense......somehow I think they did. Just like NE's last year....they were consistently better.....not great one week and sh1tty the next. That's our D.
They were last in the NFL. Dead last. No defense what-so-ever.

well, like I said we tried a stron Offense oriented system with Marino for years and it didn't work either. I'd love to be proven wrong one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom