Latest Fiedler Update | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Fiedler Update

perhaps not.....but Feeley does? Your missing my point....we have many problems....trading out a proven mediocre QB for an unproven one (with many of the same traits) does not seem like much of an upgrade at the QB position. I hope I'm proved wrong though. I'm only worried about the phins and the AFC East :)

One other tidbit:

This development should't really surprise anyone. For instance, in his latest ESPN chat, Chris Mortensen said if he were Fiedler, he'd beg Miami to take him back with a restructured, incentive-laden deal.

For Mort to suggest that tells me that he believes that such a move would not only benefit Fiedler, but the Dolphins as well. Whether you agree is a different story, but it's not a move out of left field.

Originally posted by Unconquered
1) Fiedler is a cancer to this team.

2) This may not turn out to be the worst thing. Can he restucture his contract to clear cap room, then go into training camp and get pissed that he is practicing with the 2nd teamers and demand to be traded? That wouldnt be soooooo bad.

3) Fiedler is a cancer to this team.

Fiedler is not a cancer to this team. He is a great guy. Having said that, he is not good enought to start 16 games. He will either get hurt, or he will start to get too streaky...something.

Anyway, he would be great off the bench. Don't forget that we would have outright lost the game against Washington had he not come off the bench. He is a team guy, and a good person. He is just not talented enough to be a starter in this league. He is not a cancer.

sorry have nothing good to say about jay i wish we would move on and draft aQB

Thanks for all the welcomes all, good to be aboard with fellow Dolphin Fans. I like Jay on a personel level, and I agree, I do think as far as being a good guy, he is, but as far as the rest, he's just to inconsistent and streaky, and his arm strength is not very good when it comes to getting the ball where it needs to be quickly. Now, I know we all are used to Marino arm strength , and I'm not saying Jay even needs that much, but he does need more than he has. Many out passes that Most QB's make, his have been picked off. And as far as a good completion %, his may be above, but thats counting alot of POOR NFL quarterbacks average in with all the rest. Marino has all along not liked Jay, and yes he backed off a little last year, trying to be positive for the team I think more than anything, but look at Dans thoughts on Fieldler through the years, he certainly did not think he was and is the QB to take over. Hey, if we keep Fieldler, I'll hope I'm wrong next year, and that we make it to another Super Bowl, I'm Die Hard Dolphin. But, I still say, it's time to move on.;)

The reason I question this move of "bringing" Fiedler back for 3.7", instead of demanding a paycut for him or an outright release is this.
There are QBs like Montana, Marino, Elway, Manning, Favre, Vick, etc. who literally go out and make things happen. These kind of guys are worth their big contracts. You have guys like Steve Young that were initially backups and when their chance came, there was hradly no drop off in performance and never miss a beat. Then we have the guys that are merely efficient caretakers that do not do anything spectacular on their own and not worth the big $$ simply because these types are more readily available, compared to the guys that make things happen. Fiedler is on of these guys, a guy that is worth keeping at the team's standards, not the players. It makes me wonder why (other than Wannstedt) Spielman did such an abrupt about face on this. It only shows indecisiveness on his part, iMO.

Back
Top Bottom