LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

It's on Lebron, the star has the most pressure to carry his team when they need him most. he went to a ready made team w/ another superstar b/c he couldn't handle the pressure.

I would like to know what this ready made team is that he came to. D-Wade was the only player on that roster the previous year and he wasn't going to. And again, its only Bosh and Wade till James comes aboard. None of the big name FA's were coming anywhere near Cleveland. Nobody wants to play sports in Ohio unless they get a scholarship to play for the school. No team that resides in that state will ever win any type of title cause no big name wants to live there. It has nothing to do with James being a quitter or not being able to handle the pressure. You don't think he knew he was gonna be crucified for leaving Cleveland and you don't think that there would be even more pressure on him now that he was coming to Miami? You can say that your not a hater all you want. Just like you assume me being a Heat fan has anything to do with my opinion about why he left. I don't have to explain myself to you but just know that my opinion woulda been the same if he went to any other team.

And stop comparing him to Jordan. His gameplay is a totally different style. Nothing he does even remotely resembles Jordan on the court except maybe his defense. Lebron is and always will be a fascilitator, Jordan was a me first player.

Dude, you can't compare Boston of now to the 1980's just so you can say they're not a great team today. Doesn't work that way.

Boston has been a great team today for a few years now. They are "great." They're the cream of the league. And had Cleveland found a way to beat Boston, Los Angeles would have beaten them.

Most great players have input in coaching(it's why Mike Brown was fired) but Micahel wasn't going anywhere. In Collins' last season they made the East Finals.

Input is one thing, an open feud with your coach who says the hardest thing about coaching is Michael Jordan is another

he and espn treated that shot like it was the first buzzer beater in the history of basketball. He though they won the series w/ that shot and Cle never recovered and lost to a team they shouldn't have lost to.

Lebron is BY FAR better than Howard, that makes up for the difference in talent around them.

Stop referring to ESPN, your just reaching for anything to discredit him. This is really getting ridiculous. Did you even pay attention to those games to see what he was doing against Orlando. He was putting up 40+ point performances and double digit rebounding and was still losing. You act like he was putting up chump numbers or something.

I could see the talent levels being an issue when it comes to these two if they were guarding eachother but they weren't. Nobody had an answer for Howard and Orlando was the best 3 point shooting team that year and nobody on Cleveland was playing perimeter D. So what does Cleveland do to help battle O-town the following year? They bring in a 37 year old fat-*** Shaq who doesn't even play till the post season. You've got to be kidding me.

Bsoton was old and beat up, they were riped to be picked off but w/ no great teams they managed to will themselves to game 7 of the Finals. That Finals was some of the worst basketball you will ever see.

Boston is still old this year, Miami should be able to beat them- we'll see.

How could you not think that Boston is still a great team or a road block. They have the deepest bench and the now all time 3 point leader and are being led by a very underrated and true Point Guard, probably the best PG in the league. Yes, better than D-Rose and up there with CP3. And Shaq is probably one of the main reasons they lose that one anyway. Demanded the ball too much, got in the way on D, and didn't produce squat.

I didn't discredit those other guys, i think pippen is very overrated and I think Gasol is a good player.

It has everything to do w/ you being a Heat fan. obviously he had the right to make any decision he wanted to but as a basketball fan it's disappointing a player as great as he is took the easy way out.

Jordan had a young Pippen and some role players on the first 3-peat teams. Those Bulls teams were not anywhere near the most talented teams in NBA history yet they are some of the best teams in NBA history solely b/c of Michael.

They built those teams around Michael, it diodn't happen overnight but Lebron wanted instant gratification, he didn't want to climb the ladder like Michael did. he wanted his titles and he wanted them now so he jumped ship.

Maybe Jordan doesn't win anything if his team peaks at the same time that Boston, LA, and Detroit peaked. He didn't win his first title until they started to fall. Jordan was the most talented player on the court at any time but was still losing early in his career cause his team couldn't step up against the elite.

I would like to know what this ready made team is that he came to. D-Wade was the only player on that roster the previous year and he wasn't going to. And again, its only Bosh and Wade till James comes aboard. None of the big name FA's were coming anywhere near Cleveland. Nobody wants to play sports in Ohio unless they get a scholarship to play for the school. No team that resides in that state will ever win any type of title cause no big name wants to live there. It has nothing to do with James being a quitter or not being able to handle the pressure. You don't think he knew he was gonna be crucified for leaving Cleveland and you don't think that there would be even more pressure on him now that he was coming to Miami? You can say that your not a hater all you want. Just like you assume me being a Heat fan has anything to do with my opinion about why he left. I don't have to explain myself to you but just know that my opinion woulda been the same if he went to any other team.

And stop comparing him to Jordan. His gameplay is a totally different style. Nothing he does even remotely resembles Jordan on the court except maybe his defense. Lebron is and always will be a fascilitator, Jordan was a me first player.

They all knew the other guys were signing/re-signing. When you can start w/ Wade, Bosh and Lebron you have an advantage on every other team.

I'm not comparing him to Jordan based on style of play but rather based on the level of star he is. Jordan was win first, Lebron is me first.

Dude, you can't compare Boston of now to the 1980's just so you can say they're not a great team today. Doesn't work that way.

Boston has been a great team today for a few years now. They are "great." They're the cream of the league. And had Cleveland found a way to beat Boston, Los Angeles would have beaten them.

Getting to the Finals would have been a big deal though.

one title in 3 years is not a great team. The one year they one it they went to game 7 in all 3 of their Eastern conference series- that's not what great teams do.

Lebron was clutch at FT line yesterday then deferring to Mike Miller for the potential GT shot:D

Now I know your trolling. Lebron James is not only a horrible FT shooter but was only at the line once before that. He's barely a career 30% 3point shooter whereas Mike Miller is a 40% 3 point shooter and was wide open. Stop being a troll

Now I know your trolling. Lebron James is not only a horrible FT shooter but was only at the line once before that. He's barely a career 30% 3point shooter whereas Mike Miller is a 40% 3 point shooter and was wide open. Stop being a troll

Lebron is a 76% FT shooter this year(and above 75% each of the last 3 years), not great but not horrible either. he choked at the line.

He's a 35% 3P shooter this year, again not great but not horrible either.

The best players want the ball in their hands when the game is on the line. Kobe is a worse shooter from 3 % wise, do you think he's not taking a the biggest shots?

By the way, wade shoots horribly from 3 but I have seen him take and hit a million big shots. If lebron isn't taking that shot then Wade should be. There are guys that are great shooters % wise that have never hit big shots and guys that shoot lower %s that are clutch- I guess Lebron is neither according to you?

LeBron did choke on that free-throw. He was perfect at the line in the 4th quarter this year up to that point.

The pass to Miller was a good look though, the shot just didn't fall. If LeBron made that free-throw and we were down by two maybe he wouldn't have passed it to Miller and he would have taken that game-tying/winning shot.

Lebron is a 76% FT shooter this year(and above 75% each of the last 3 years), not great but not horrible either. he choked at the line.

He's a 35% 3P shooter this year, again not great but not horrible either.

The best players want the ball in their hands when the game is on the line. Kobe is a worse shooter from 3 % wise, do you think he's not taking a the biggest shots?

By the way, wade shoots horribly from 3 but I have seen him take and hit a million big shots. If lebron isn't taking that shot then Wade should be. There are guys that are great shooters % wise that have never hit big shots and guys that shoot lower %s that are clutch- I guess Lebron is neither according to you?

I'm not saying that he didn't choke at the FT. He definitley did. But it doesn't matter to people like you. Your gonna criticize him for passing it off if Mike miller hits it or not or if he takes the shot and hits it or misses it. "He celebrated too much". Get over yourself.

And Kobe is worse 3 point shooter cause he jacks up 3 pointers cause he can't get to the rim like he used to and no matter what part of the game or how important the shot is Kobe's taking it cause he doesn't trust his teammates.

I'm not saying that he didn't choke at the FT. He definitley did. But it doesn't matter to people like you. Your gonna criticize him for passing it off if Mike miller hits it or not or if he takes the shot and hits it or misses it. "He celebrated too much". Get over yourself.

And Kobe is worse 3 point shooter cause he jacks up 3 pointers cause he can't get to the rim like he used to and no matter what part of the game or how important the shot is Kobe's taking it cause he doesn't trust his teammates.

I am going to have fun if he chokes, w/o a doubt. I expect he'll get over that and I get a weird feeling he and the Heat are going to do something special this postseason so while I can make fun I will take advantage:D

Kobe was never afraid to take a big shot.

I am going to have fun if he chokes, w/o a doubt. I expect he'll get over that and I get a weird feeling he and the Heat are going to do something special this postseason so while I can make fun I will take advantage:D

Kobe was never afraid to take a big shot.

Kobe is and will always be a me first player. It goes hand in hand with his competitivness.

LOL @ Trying to say LeBron was afraid to take the final shot. We're down three. LeBron is double teamed. So you defer to your three-point threat.

That's smart basketball.

3rd and goal from the 1 yard line in a tight ball game. You want Mark Sanchez forcing a pass into the end zone or do you want to line up and punch it in with Tomlinson.

You say LeBron is a "me" first guy then why wasn't he selfish yesterday in the final seconds? Do you want a me first guy or do you want a smart basketball player. I'll take the latter. We had SHOOTERS in for a reason. They were to take that shot. That's how it was designed. Mike Miller or James Jones was going to take that shot. LeBron wasn't taking it and Wade wasn't taking it. You know it so stop trying to make it a bigger deal than it really is.

Besides, we lost that game in the third quarter yesterday.

It's on Lebron, the star has the most pressure to carry his team when they need him most. he went to a ready made team w/ another superstar b/c he couldn't handle the pressure.

.... was thinking the same thing.....but the funny thing is... to me anyway... is now that LBJ has teamed up with the 2nd best player in the league in Wade....I think the pressure to win a title is even greater on LeBron...then it was in Clev.

You guys hear about the Cavaliers trading superstar Mo Williams to the Clippers? Why would you trade a superstar like Mo Williams? he was obviously a big reason why the Cavaliers won 60+ games last season. You can tell LeBron's game has declined since leaving his fellow superstar, Mo Williams.

:lol: :lol:

You guys hear about the Cavaliers trading superstar Mo Williams to the Clippers? Why would you trade a superstar like Mo Williams? he was obviously a big reason why the Cavaliers won 60+ games last season. You can tell LeBron's game has declined since leaving his fellow superstar, Mo Williams.

:lol: :lol:
Well, they got the amazing Baron Davis in return. Gotta give talent to get talent, J.

Back
Top Bottom