Lee Evans signs 4 year extension | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans signs 4 year extension

AGAIN.......If wins matter why did the Giants even bother to show up against the Cowboy's Pakers or Pats in the playoffs? According to you, if you have a better record you're the better team, well why did the teams with the better records AND home field advantage lose to the worse record? Why did the 10-6 Giants beat the 16-0 Pats?? You sure know how to skirt answering this question constantly!

A win and a record are different. A record is the result of a bunch of games. A win means you BEAT your opponent in ONE particular game.

So just because you have a 10-6 or a 1-15 record it doesn't mean you cant beat another team with a better record if you play them in ONE game. Anything can happen in a game.

The only thing a better record means is that a certain team was more consistent than another.

So I asked, whats the difference between the 30th ranked offense and the 5th ranked offense, and all you can see is "25", what is "25"? What's the difference in a team that has 10 wins and anther has 7 wins? 3? Why do you come here? Just to annoy people? You know damn well where I was going with my question and all you see is 25, well no one can say I don't try to talk to you intelligently.

So I asked, whats the difference between the 30th ranked offense and the 5th ranked offense, and all you can see is "25", what is "25"? What's the difference in a team that has 10 wins and anther has 7 wins? 3? Why do you come here? Just to annoy people? You know damn well where I was going with my question and all you see is 25, well no one can say I don't try to talk to you intelligently.

Any team can beat any team in any particular game.

But if you want to know, I looked it up, the 30th offense last year and the 5th offense last year had a difference of 81 yards.

So I guess now you will tell me what that means, right?

Any team can beat any team in any particular game.

But if you want to know, I looked it up, the 30th offense last year and the 5th offense last year had a difference of 81 yards.

So I guess now you will tell me what that means, right?

God I love how some people constantly look for the tiniest little thing they can find to make their team look better then it is/was.

Since you went out of your way to find the one stat between the 5th ranked offense and the 30th ranked offense that isn't totally laughable, I thought I'd show you a few numbers that, don't seem to shine quite the pretty light you so obviously avoided in your post!

For instence:

Yards a Game:

5th ranked- 358.7

30th ranked- 277.1

Total points:

5th ranked- 450

30th ranked- 226

Points per game:

5th raked- 28.1

30th ranked- 15.8

As you can see, the stats between the two offenses aren't quite as friendly as OF COURSE you want some to believe. What's my point? Wins happen, but only happen consistently when your in the top of the league in statistics. Without good statistics, you not only decrease your chances of winning, your wins are infrequent and innconsistent. Good teams beat good teams both at home and on the road, bad teams don't.

So while wins and loses have their place, wins and loses don't tell you who is good and why, stats do that. When coaches gameplan a team for the upcoming week, they don't look at their wins and loses and say, "well we have to beat this team cause they have more wins then loses" nor do they say, "well we don't have to try this week cause the team we're playing hasn't won a game"!

They look at their statistics to gameplan their strengths and weakneses. Of cousre all I'm telling you is basic football knowledge and shouldn't have to be explained, at least not to someone who claims to be a football fan. Everything I'm saying is nothing more then simple common sense. But you go ahead and cling to the beliefe that wins and loses matter to teams that don't make the playoffs, cause you know what? You're wrong!!!! For teams that don't make the playoffs a football season is long and arduous, no fun and has little rewards. Teams that don't make the playoffs, don't make the playoffs for good reason, so how do the wins matter to losing teams? They don't!

God I love how some people constantly look for the tiniest little thing they can find to make their team look better then it is/was.

Since you went out of your way to find the one stat between the 5th ranked offense and the 30th ranked offense that isn't totally laughable, I thought I'd show you a few numbers that, don't seem to shine quite the pretty light you so obviously avoided in your post!

For instence:

Yards a Game:

5th ranked- 358.7

30th ranked- 277.1

Total points:

5th ranked- 450

30th ranked- 226

Points per game:

5th raked- 28.1

30th ranked- 15.8

As you can see, the stats between the two offenses aren't quite as friendly as OF COURSE you want some to believe. What's my point? Wins happen, but only happen consistently when your in the top of the league in statistics. Without good statistics, you not only decrease your chances of winning, your wins are infrequent and innconsistent. Good teams beat good teams both at home and on the road, bad teams don't.

So while wins and loses have their place, wins and loses don't tell you who is good and why, stats do that. When coaches gameplan a team for the upcoming week, they don't look at their wins and loses and say, "well we have to beat this team cause they have more wins then loses" nor do they say, "well we don't have to try this week cause the team we're playing hasn't won a game"!

They look at their statistics to gameplan their strengths and weakneses. Of cousre all I'm telling you is basic football knowledge and shouldn't have to be explained, at least not to someone who claims to be a football fan. Everything I'm saying is nothing more then simple common sense. But you go ahead and cling to the beliefe that wins and loses matter to teams that don't make the playoffs, cause you know what? You're wrong!!!! For teams that don't make the playoffs a football season is long and arduous, no fun and has little rewards. Teams that don't make the playoffs, don't make the playoffs for good reason, so how do the wins matter to losing teams? They don't!

I think everyone would agree with you on what you just said, but when you start saying a team that beats another team over and over again head to head is not better then the losing team because of stats, then your confusing people.

A huge factor in games can be turnovers, it's probably why the Bills had 7 wins last year even though they had terrible stats. They were +9 in takeaway/giveaway, a team like Miami who was 1-15 had a -7 takeaway/giveaway stat. That is a 16 turnover difference, that can change many games, no matter how bad or good a teams stats are.

I think everyone would agree with you on what you just said, but when you start saying a team that beats another team over and over again head to head is not better then the losing team because of stats, then your confusing people.

A huge factor in games can be turnovers, it's probably why the Bills had 7 wins last year even though they had terrible stats. They were +9 in takeaway/giveaway, a team like Miami who was 1-15 had a -7 takeaway/giveaway stat. That is a 16 turnover difference, that can change many games, no matter how bad or good a teams stats are.

Considering all the changes to the Dolphins last year (coaching) and all the key injuries we had, we lost a hell of a lot more talent then the Bills due to injury. You really have to question why a team that won just 1 game last year posted better offensive and defensive statistics then the Bills.

Considering all the changes to the Dolphins last year (coaching) and all the key injuries we had, we lost a hell of a lot more talent then the Bills due to injury. You really have to question why a team that won just 1 game last year posted better offensive and defensive statistics then the Bills.

It doesn't really matter to me, maybe Miami played better in garbage time?

Yeah or maybe Miami just had a better offense and defense. I mean, we're talking about 16 games, not one or two.

I understand what your trying to to say, its just not clear cut. Wins and loses are clear cut so most people just look at that.

Head to head Buffalo had 603 yards vs Miami's 554 yards.

Buffalo averaged 25.5 points a game and Miami averaged 13.5 points.

I know you don't think head to head games mean anything. I know you like to determine who is better by looking at stats of games they don't play each other in.

OK feelthepain, Rams go on the road and beat the Washington Redskins..

Explain please.

Back
Top Bottom