“Legal” Tampering Day 2 Superthread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Legal” Tampering Day 2 Superthread

Probably nothing else to see here today. Teams like the social media boost if signings and that usually happens during the day. Maybe day 3 brings some WRs to 305

I'm loving this...

Clearly, we have made offers... and now it looks as if we aren't moving off from them.

This is what we think you are worth to us, if you want to play for this amount, then come on down and sign...

SUCH a change from past regimes.

Perhaps, but I think the consensus is that pats jumped the gun and overpaid but we'll see. I think Samuel comes in around 10 and Golladay around 20.
I said it when it happened.

Couldn't see the Pats "setting the market" with Agholor.

I don't think Golladay gets near 20, Samuel might get near 10.

The setting the market narrative is an agent's game. Their job is to say, X got this, so Y deserves this... A smart GM says, Team A was stupid to pay X this much (Tunsil), we think Y is worth this, let us know if you can't get more...

Wrong side of 30 and declining...
Still had a very similar year to Parker, and he was #1 option on the Colts, Fins wouldnt bring him in for that role and he'd be a nice vet presence on such a young offense. All this implying he'd be coming in for 10M per or less....

Still had a very similar year to Parker, and he was #1 option on the Colts, Fins wouldnt bring him in for that role and he'd be a nice vet presence on such a young offense. All this implying he'd be coming in for 10M per or less....
And that's with noodle arm throwing to him

We saw how Grier's icy posture worked last year in the draft as the teams above us tried to fool him into moving up for Tua... he never blinked, and we saved a lot of capital to use in other places.

We are seeing it again, during this FA negotiation season as he sticks to his valuations... and doesn't overpay for players that we could use.

If you want to fault him for which players he drafted, or which players that he chose... fine, but don't fault his negotiating skills or his poker playing, because he is quickly proving to be one of the best in that area.

Back
Top Bottom