Lets Come Down From The Clouds On Minkah | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Come Down From The Clouds On Minkah

this video shows why we need him in the middle of the field. his he good at nickel... yes, but my god he could be great at fs. let the kid roam sideline to sideline and come down in the running game. i just have a bad feeling he will be a nickel though

I like the pick but I do have some PTSD still from Jason Allen disaster. And while minkah is a much better prospect they are both similar in size, and lack true position. They even look similar.

Hundreds of scouts have already done the work that you are gleefully urging others to help you with.

I don't understand your point. Are you trying to piece together reasons why Minkah wasn't worth the 11th pick? Is this a negative campaign to set you up for a future "I told you so" thread if Minkah for some crazy reason doesn't pan out?

Perhaps you were one of the fans who really wanted to jump up and grab a QB and this is your way of pissing on everyone's joy?

I've already explained myself thoroughly. It seems like you're the epitome of the toxicity that can be found on this message board though so let me break it down JUST for you.

Alright so were all pretty stoked on this kid, right?

He has the physical tools. He has the brains. He has the will. He has the highlights. He also has the respect from a man that few have ever received. He could be a hall of fame level talent one day.

Lets stop already. So by saying "were" I'm implying that I'm in the group with everyone who is really, really happy. Got it? Not hard right? I even go on to list all the reasons why! Look at that.

"That being said..."

So just in case you didn't know, when someone uses this phrase that means they're going to look at something in a different perspective for a moment. I know this is really advanced level philosophical **** for you right now isn't it? We call this being "objective" as one of the other Finheaven members so kindly noted of me.

"blah, blah, blah" - this was the hard stuff for you wasn't it? allow me to explain.

I went on to basically say "no one is perfect." A real controversial statement, I know! I then made a call-to-action to the forum - saying lets post tape of him and break him down. I offered my opinions about his jogging in the video I posted, and then ended my personal take with "I don't like what I see in THIS tape."

I ended my post with "I want to know this kids weaknesses. I want to know what to look for when the season begins." Because I'm a Dolphins fan. I want to see our players develop and grow and be mindful of the things that they need to improve on. Get it now? And if all that wasn't obvious enough...how about you just take a look at my SIG??

So to answer your questions....NO. To all of them.
I fail to see how someone could jump to the complete and utterly ridiculous accusations you made against me unless they either have absolutely no education, have a mental disability, or are just (as I suspect and already alluded to) are just a total (expletive) troll.

For the record, I asked others to contribute because I'm in the middle of moving and because I don't have the same level of insights about the X's and O's. And you're right, scouts have done the work already. That gives you or anyone a good lead to finding the footage for more discussion...doesn't it? Is that not why we have this forum? We could read or listen to anyone...why do we come here if not to discuss and do our own analyzing?

Last edited:
I've already explained myself thoroughly. It seems like you're the epitome of the toxicity that can be found on this message board though so let me break it down JUST for you.

Lets stop already. So by saying "were" I'm implying that I'm in the group with everyone who is really, really happy. Got it? Not hard right? I even go on to list all the reasons why! Look at that.

So just in case you didn't know, when someone uses this phrase that means they're going to look at something in a different perspective for a moment. I know this is really advanced level philosophical **** for you right now isn't it? We call this being "objective" as one of the other Finheaven members so kindly noted of me.

I went on to basically say "no one is perfect." A real controversial statement, I know! I then made a call-to-action to the forum - saying lets post tape of him and break him down. I offered my opinions about his jogging in the video I posted, and then ended my personal take with "I don't like what I see in THIS tape."

I ended my post with I want to know this kids weaknesses. I want to know what to look for when the season begins. Because I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and want to see our players develop and grow and be mindful of the things that they need to improve on. Get it now?

I fail to see how someone could jump to the completely and utterly ridiculous accusations you made against me unless they either have absolutely no education, have a mental disability, or are just (as I suspect and already alluded to) are just a total (expletive) troll.

For the record, I asked others to contribute because I'm in the middle of moving and because I don't have the same level of insights about the X's and O's. And you're right, scouts have done the work already. That gives you or anyone a good lead to finding the footage for more discussion...doesn't it? Is that not why we have this forum? We could read or listen to anyone...why do we come here if not to discuss and do our own analyzing?

Man I miss that "post of the day button"

Last edited:

I ended my post with "I want to know this kids weaknesses. I want to know what to look for when the season begins." Because I'm a Dolphins fan. I want to see our players develop and grow and be mindful of the things that they need to improve on. Get it now? And if all that wasn't obvious enough...how about you just take a look at my SIG??

So to answer your questions....NO. To all of them.
I fail to see how someone could jump to the complete and utterly ridiculous accusations you made against me unless they either have absolutely no education, have a mental disability, or are just (as I suspect and already alluded to) are just a total (expletive) troll.

You want to know Minkah's weaknesses?

From NFL.com Minkah Fitzpatrick draft profile:
Weaknesses
  • Plays with some hip tightness that limits lateral agility in coverage
  • May not have pure cover talent to play full-time cornerback
  • Allows some separation out of breaks
  • Feet are more quick than explosive when chasing receivers from the top of the route
  • Still needs to improve his awareness when asked to play deep safety
  • Has to learn to dial back urgency and play with more patience on the next level
  • Comes in hot as tackler and will run himself out of position to finish
There you go, have at it.

I haven't seen any profile questioning his energy. Nothing referring to him taking plays off. Not a shred of game footage to back up your ridiculous claims. The clip you provided doesn't even illustrate your point to which others have already explained to you what was going on. Yet you want to deep dive into a dull-witted analysis that has already been done ad nauseum?

Epitome of toxicity? Funny how the original post represents grade A nitpicking. Enjoy being concerned about Minkah's phantom negatives.

You want to know Minkah's weaknesses?

From NFL.com Minkah Fitzpatrick draft profile:
Weaknesses
  • Plays with some hip tightness that limits lateral agility in coverage
  • May not have pure cover talent to play full-time cornerback
  • Allows some separation out of breaks
  • Feet are more quick than explosive when chasing receivers from the top of the route
  • Still needs to improve his awareness when asked to play deep safety
  • Has to learn to dial back urgency and play with more patience on the next level
  • Comes in hot as tackler and will run himself out of position to finish
There you go, have at it.

I haven't seen any profile questioning his energy. Nothing referring to him taking plays off. Not a shred of game footage to back up your ridiculous claims. The clip you provided doesn't even illustrate your point to which others have already explained to you what was going on. Yet you want to deep dive into a dull-witted analysis that has already been done ad nauseum?

Epitome of toxicity? Funny how the original post represents grade A nitpicking. Enjoy being concerned about Minkah's phantom negatives.

A handful of people on that videos comments disagree with you. I laid out a valid argument. It was a National Championship game and there were a few occasions where if a teammate missed a tackle they would have gone for a considerable distance more because he was not being aggressive enough in his containment. You're free to disagree. IDGAF. That is what a forum is for - to express ones thoughts.

I appreciate you finally making an effort to respond to this thread appropriately. If we were back in elementary (as that has been your conduct all along) I'd give you an S for a "satisfactory effort." In order to receive an "E" grade you could have posted a video as requested or at the very least not copied/pasted an NFL.com profile and offered your own insights.

Done with you child.

Let's get negative? He hasn't played a single down in the NFL. His play at Alabama, along with his work ethic, and leadership got him in the door. Like every other rookie, it's gonna take some time. He's not a finished product. He's going to learn and grow. We need to be patient. What he does as a Dolphin is up to him, but based on his history the arrow is pointing up. For now, that's all we need to worry about.

A handful of people on that videos comments disagree with you. I laid out a valid argument. It was a National Championship game and there were a few occasions where if a teammate missed a tackle they would have gone for a considerable distance more because he was not being aggressive enough in his containment. You're free to disagree. IDGAF. That is what a forum is for - to express ones thoughts.

I appreciate you finally making an effort to respond to this thread appropriately. If we were back in elementary (as that has been your conduct all along) I'd give you an S for a "satisfactory effort." In order to receive an "E" grade you could have posted a video as requested or at the very least not copied/pasted an NFL.com profile and offered your own insights.

Done with you child.

Well I'm not quite finished with you.

You must get aroused on NITPICKING. What about his positive plays? Here is a thought, they will MORE than outweigh anything negative you can dredge up.

How many video responses were posted on here to continue your dimwitted discussion? ZERO. Nobody responded in kind to your absurd request. I'd surmise that nobody is interested in discussing the crap you threw against the wall.

I don't care about your appreciation, nor do I care about what grades you hand out or your feelings which were quite hurt. Grow a thicker skin.
Also for future reference, it is always better to have a thread to discuss BOTH pros and cons rather than just negatives.

Have a nice day.

Not seeing it. Beginning with the 1:20 mark there wasn’t a lane for him to get to Michel, would have done more harm than good running into his own players backs. What is being referred to as taking plays off I see as being efficient with energy. I can’t think of that many more talented players Miami has drafted since Marino. Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas perhaps. May be more of an indictment of Miami’s ownership and management than a testament of Minkah.

Well I'm not quite finished with you.

You must get aroused on NITPICKING. What about his positive plays? Here is a thought, they will MORE than outweigh anything negative you can dredge up.

How many video responses were posted on here to continue your dimwitted discussion? ZERO. Nobody responded in kind to your absurd request. I'd surmise that nobody is interested in discussing the crap you threw against the wall.

I don't care about your appreciation, nor do I care about what grades you hand out or your feelings which were quite hurt. Grow a thicker skin.
Also for future reference, it is always better to have a thread to discuss BOTH pros and cons rather than just negatives.

Have a nice day.

Did someone say "Aroused?" Let me get my popcorn ready. Please continue.....

No Dolphin draft pick in history has a better pedigree coming into the NFL than Fitzpatrick...every reason to be excited about this steal.

He is a lock...at least half of the ten picks before him will be flops...good job Fins!

I don't know about all of that stuff but from looking at pictures of the kid he looks to be built like a brick sh*thouse!!!!!

I’m not sure the OP’s intent, but I came away even more hyped about Minkah after reading this thread. So, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom