Let's talk about the heat | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk about the heat

So I heard that the team brought fans and tents down from Buffalo, but the fans lit the tents on fire and then bodyslammed them in their drunken pregame rituals.

Edit: Added photographic evidence:

a.8e3e27f7.png

Last edited:
So all I'm hearing this morning is how the heat was an unfair advantage for the Dolphins. That if it wasn't so hot the bills would have won. Perhaps true, but let's dig into this a little.

Yesterday was hot, sure. Yet last year vs the bills we had a temp of 87 with a heat index at 97. The year before, temp of 90 with a heat index of 102. The bills won those games and I don't recall players going down every 2 minutes due to the heat. I also don't recall bills fans wanting to call OSHA (which is pathetic, let's be honest)

So what changed? Well, the bills roster is fairly consistent (at least at key positions) over the last few years. Coaching staff is the same. So it's not as if they didn't know the heat was something to deal with.

That means, in my humble opinion, they just didn't prepare properly for this game. Perhaps some of them went out drinking this week. That certainly doesn't help. Perhaps they didn't drink enough pre game or in the first quarter. Perhaps they should have traveled down sooner like the pats did to get used to it (although research shows it takes a few weeks to get acclimated to a new climate). Regardless, that's on them. That's not the heat. That's like the Fins going to buffalo in December and not wearing cold gear or having coats and heaters on the sidelines.

So yesterday the Fins won a tough divisional game against a good team. Yep, the bills are still very good at football. However, so are the Fins. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out, but one thing is for sure - the failure to manage heat properly was on the bills staff.

When I saw highlights of the Bills bench, I noticed the players were in the shade.
Was there a cover over their bench providing shade?

Now I for one and of the thinking I want every game in Domes (including the Bills home games in December and Jan).

Why???? Weather affects the games. If someone is being paid Millions and the fan is dropping 1000s per game. I want to see those premier athletes play games in climate controlled environments. To get the best value for the money I am spending.

I know the traditionalists hate my take and I have gotten into many of arguments even with Bills fans over my take and reasoning. But it will remain
This is a fair take. I hate it, like you acknowledged many would, but it’s fair.

Either every game should be in an identical, climate-controlled, hermetically sealed chamber, or this talking point should die.

I’m part of the “this talking point should die” contingent. Part of being a great football team is being able to win in different climates. That’s part of what makes football great.

When I saw highlights of the Bills bench, I noticed the players were in the shade.
Was there a cover over their bench providing shade?
Yeah they have tents but it doesn't lower the area temp as much as the home side

So, we'll expect them to build us a yert to stay out of the snow when we play there in December?
Didn't mean to seem as if I'm complaining. Merely stating it was the bills that were unprepared

Didn't mean to seem as if I'm complaining. Merely stating it was the bills that were unprepared
Just saying that it's such a whiney b!tch move complaint for the Bills to use after they have won in MIA in the exact same situations. They know fully well the conditions and they were unprepared. Are the Titans building a dome after the weather hurt Tua's performance last year?

Just saying that it's such a whiney b!tch move complaint for the Bills to use after they have won in MIA in the exact same situations. They know fully well the conditions and they were unprepared. Are the Titans building a dome after the weather hurt Tua's performance last year?
I kinda wish they did. I was there and had to take my glasses off. Couldn't see a damn thing all game and froze my balls off.

That game was also bullshit because the Titans were coming off a mini bye and the fins had a short week plus travel. The Titans just looked better rested.

Interesting, but the fans screaming, game location (home or away) time of game (all games would have to be played 1pm Sunday) and many other factors also effect the players performance. Wouldn't we have to reset all those factors as well in your utopian football fantasy?
No we won’t. But what we should do.

Domes Everywhere
No Short Weeks Thursday games GONE.
No International Games

3 hours difference in start times doesn’t matter as long as there isn’t a short week.

I have more like PED usage and stuff but that gets further along and really pisses off the traditionalists more than just my Dome Stuff does.

Back
Top Bottom