Let's talk about the heat | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk about the heat

The nature of offensive/defensive play is that you'll sub more on defense than offense. Defensive lineman will shuffle in and out, offensive lineman won't unless they are hurt.

The Bills' offense was on the field for some long drives. I know we blitzed a lot, but you would think at some point the Bills would have tried to force a chunk play. It was the perfect storm: our defense couldn't get off the field BUT the Bills didn't take advantage by actually scoring.

Miami beats New England:
Coach Hoodie: "They were the better team"

Miami beats Baltimore in a close game:
Jim Harbaugh: "They beat us"

Miami beats Buffalo in a close game:
BUF Fans: "OMG the sun!!!"

Is it not fair when warm weather teams have to play in crazy snowfall?

Pansies.

It's all a moot point. You can examine the Dolphins stadium for unfair design, and you won't find any. They provided a roof over the stands to help keep fans dry. The way the stadium is situated made it so that the home side is shaded most of the day. Still, I'm 100% positive the away side can do a hundred different things to help keep their players cooled, including huge industrial fans, misters, tents, pole tents, etc. They can probably even fill tubs with ice and set their players in them. FFS there is a million things they can do to cool the players.

Fact remains that they still have to step onto the field and play under the intense sun. That is where the problems arise: on the field. The same field Miami must play them on. You don't hear or see any players on the away sideline falling down. You only see that on the field.

Beyond the home field advantage, their OFFENSE was on the field an exceptional amount of time, so that’s the only part of their team affected by the heat specifically.

The bills gameplanned to keep their defense off the field to protect them, and so their offensive players cramped up because they played 50% MORE PLAYS than their average game.

I was listening to some sports show on Sirius XM last week and some Bills clown called up yapping non stop about how the Bills roster will be much better equipped on dealing with the heat because of where their players are from and kept going on and then said Bills win 38-10 and hung up. He sounded like such a tool.

Not sure if anyone mentioned but the Phins sideline is shaded for a good part of the game and the opponents visitor and player section is in full sun. The complaint could be that it's an unfair advantage. However, it's not like this is a new thing since the renovations were complete like 6 years ago. If Ross can get the team to move to the AFC south and or win a championship during his tenure I'd say he was a successful owner. As for the heat issue, that's just noise, however it should be pointed out that the Dolphins stadium is built for a clear advantage while even in the winter traveling to NE, NJ or Buff, both teams play in like conditions.
That has been the argument of the people I've seen.

That's why the "what about snow and cold in Winter when we have to play Beefalo up there?" doesn't work.

They are crying unfair advantage because our sideline is in the shade and the visitors in the sun.

All true, but my recollection is that visiting teams are aware of that and prep for that.

They bring shade structures, fans , chillers, etc. etc. etc.

If you aren't happy with the shelter device you brought for your sideline, buy a better one.

I don't think anyone is stopping you from building igloos over there if you want.

It’s like they’ve never played in heat before. 😂.
They beat the Dolphins last year in that same heat to a tune of 35-0.
Plus they do this……

Ps. Think it was hotter when NE came into town week 1, don’t hear hide nor hair from the fans because of the weather, because they know it’s an advantage.

2 thoughts....

1) The sun is threatning only if you are goth and/or vampire
2) Cheatriot fans are classier than beefalo fans

That has been the argument of the people I've seen.

That's why the "what about snow and cold in Winter" when we have to play Beefalo up there?" doesn't work.

They are crying unfair advantage because our sideline is in the shade and the visitors in the sun.

All true, but my recollection is that visiting teams are aware of that and prep for that.

They bring shade structures, fans , chillers, etc. etc. etc.

If you aren't happy with the shelter device you brought for your sideline, buy a better one.

I don't think anyone is stopping you from building igloos over there if you want.

What no reference to that silly reality show where contestants have to survive harsh conditions in their birthday suits?

Beyond the home field advantage, their OFFENSE was on the field an exceptional amount of time, so that’s the only part of their team affected by the heat specifically.

The bills gameplanned to keep their defense off the field to protect them, and so their offensive players cramped up because they played 50% MORE PLAYS than their average game.

This is exactly what happened. And a high amount of Allen's completions we're check downs - the fact that their offensive players started wearing down was something they didnt expect and our D was relentless in the second half

climate-justice-climate-justice-now.gif

Back
Top Bottom