Let's talk about the heat | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk about the heat

Next time we play in Mile High stadium or whatever it's called nowadays, I'm going to call OSHA because the altitude creates a dangerous work environment for my team's players...

Bills fans need to shut and just eat this L. You'll be on the 'home field advantage' side in a couple months, I hope you have body warmers ready for us because...you know...OSHA

Now I for one and of the thinking I want every game in Domes (including the Bills home games in December and Jan).

Why???? Weather affects the games. If someone is being paid Millions and the fan is dropping 1000s per game. I want to see those premier athletes play games in climate controlled environments. To get the best value for the money I am spending.

I know the traditionalists hate my take and I have gotten into many of arguments even with Bills fans over my take and reasoning. But it will remain
It's hot in Miami, it's cold in Buffalo. The game was meant to be played outdoors. I absolutely hate watching games in domes even when it works in Miami's favor.

OMG....I am going at it with Bills whiney fans on Twitter. All complaining how the heat was such a advantage for the Fins. Like we werent cramping up either. Morons.

It’s just a relative few Bills fans spouting BS….all teams have fans that come up with lame **** after a loss…just wait until we lose.

So all I'm hearing this morning is how the heat was an unfair advantage for the Dolphins. That if it wasn't so hot the bills would have won. Perhaps true, but let's dig into this a little.

Yesterday was hot, sure. Yet last year vs the bills we had a temp of 87 with a heat index at 97. The year before, temp of 90 with a heat index of 102. The bills won those games and I don't recall players going down every 2 minutes due to the heat. I also don't recall bills fans wanting to call OSHA (which is pathetic, let's be honest)

So what changed? Well, the bills roster is fairly consistent (at least at key positions) over the last few years. Coaching staff is the same. So it's not as if they didn't know the heat was something to deal with.

That means, in my humble opinion, they just didn't prepare properly for this game. Perhaps some of them went out drinking this week. That certainly doesn't help. Perhaps they didn't drink enough pre game or in the first quarter. Perhaps they should have traveled down sooner like the pats did to get used to it (although research shows it takes a few weeks to get acclimated to a new climate). Regardless, that's on them. That's not the heat. That's like the Fins going to buffalo in December and not wearing cold gear or having coats and heaters on the sidelines.

So yesterday the Fins won a tough divisional game against a good team. Yep, the bills are still very good at football. However, so are the Fins. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out, but one thing is for sure - the failure to manage heat properly was on the bills staff.
So, we'll expect them to build us a yert to stay out of the snow when we play there in December?

Sports are stupid. Had Buffalo lost by 30, they’d make excuses about injuries. They’re whining now because they lost by 2. No matter what happened they’d be complaining jagoffs regardless.

Now I for one and of the thinking I want every game in Domes (including the Bills home games in December and Jan).

Why???? Weather affects the games. If someone is being paid Millions and the fan is dropping 1000s per game. I want to see those premier athletes play games in climate controlled environments. To get the best value for the money I am spending.

I know the traditionalists hate my take and I have gotten into many of arguments even with Bills fans over my take and reasoning. But it will remain
Interesting, but the fans screaming, game location (home or away) time of game (all games would have to be played 1pm Sunday) and many other factors also effect the players performance. Wouldn't we have to reset all those factors as well in your utopian football fantasy?

So all I'm hearing this morning is how the heat was an unfair advantage for the Dolphins. That if it wasn't so hot the bills would have won. Perhaps true, but let's dig into this a little.

Yesterday was hot, sure. Yet last year vs the bills we had a temp of 87 with a heat index at 97. The year before, temp of 90 with a heat index of 102. The bills won those games and I don't recall players going down every 2 minutes due to the heat. I also don't recall bills fans wanting to call OSHA (which is pathetic, let's be honest)

So what changed? Well, the bills roster is fairly consistent (at least at key positions) over the last few years. Coaching staff is the same. So it's not as if they didn't know the heat was something to deal with.

That means, in my humble opinion, they just didn't prepare properly for this game. Perhaps some of them went out drinking this week. That certainly doesn't help. Perhaps they didn't drink enough pre game or in the first quarter. Perhaps they should have traveled down sooner like the pats did to get used to it (although research shows it takes a few weeks to get acclimated to a new climate). Regardless, that's on them. That's not the heat. That's like the Fins going to buffalo in December and not wearing cold gear or having coats and heaters on the sidelines.

So yesterday the Fins won a tough divisional game against a good team. Yep, the bills are still very good at football. However, so are the Fins. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out, but one thing is for sure - the failure to manage heat properly was on the bills staff.
It's an excuse because they lost. They had long drives and our D was on the same hot field.

Whats with the infatuation of moving the team to the AFC south? Its fine as it is. Why change whats always been good?

Not sure if anyone mentioned but the Phins sideline is shaded for a good part of the game and the opponents visitor and player section is in full sun. The complaint could be that it's an unfair advantage. However, it's not like this is a new thing since the renovations were complete like 6 years ago. If Ross can get the team to move to the AFC south and or win a championship during his tenure I'd say he was a successful owner. As for the heat issue, that's just noise, however it should be pointed out that the Dolphins stadium is built for a clear advantage while even in the winter traveling to NE, NJ or Buff, both teams play in like conditions.
So, now we need to change divisions because the Bills are poor at preparing for heat and want to call Osha? Phuck that noise.

Not sure if anyone mentioned but the Phins sideline is shaded for a good part of the game and the opponents visitor and player section is in full sun. The complaint could be that it's an unfair advantage. However, it's not like this is a new thing since the renovations were complete like 6 years ago. If Ross can get the team to move to the AFC south and or win a championship during his tenure I'd say he was a successful owner. As for the heat issue, that's just noise, however it should be pointed out that the Dolphins stadium is built for a clear advantage while even in the winter traveling to NE, NJ or Buff, both teams play in like conditions.
Oh really?? The Snow Plow game was the reason our stadium was built the way it was. It was taking a shot at payback.

We designed renovations with this in mind 100%, convince me otherwise ....
There is a vid on youtube where this was discussed.
Yes you are correct, and they had every right to do it.
Personally I think they should hang a big magnifying glass over the visitors side and if they stay still in one place too long they will catch on fire. That would keep em moving.

Back
Top Bottom