Let's watch Locker tonight | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's watch Locker tonight

People seem to forget that Jay Cutler took Vandy into all the hotbeds of the SEC with nothing but Earl Bennett to throw to and won SEC player of the year. As one person said, he was taking doctors and lawyers against the Florida Gators and but for a horse**** excess celebration call had the #13 Gators beat in the Swamp as a senior. He capped that performance by actually beating Tennessee on the road in his last game.

THAT'S what a top quarterback does. He makes the impossible possible by his mere presence. He raises the level of play of his teammates. He DOESN'T cause people to bemoan his circumstances. John Elway never had a winning record at Stanford and never made a bowl game, yet everyone who watched him knew they were witnessing greatness. To this day Mel Kiper has never given a higher grade on a player, according to him.

Locker sucks. He sucks bad enough that when I watch him, I sort of have to laugh.

Earl Bennett is starting WR in the NFL. There is not a practice squad Wr on the UofW team. It makes a big difference.

every game i watch prince whatchamacallit i see him trailing someone vertically down the field...every game...top 5 with him is overrated...if he gets drafted over patrick peterson i'll be floored

Prince has looked decent in press all year though in my opinion. If you are running a cover 2 I can see teams liking him, but in a scheme like ours he would be a horrible fit. That being said, I agree Peterson is heads and shoulders better than him. One of the better CB prospects I've seen in awhile

i just can't see it with locker in the pros...i think its more physical specimen than franchise caliber qb...i mean damn not one freaking completion...i don't care if your throwing the ball to a bunch of kids that ride the short bus there should be a completion at some damn point if you're nfl caliber franchise material

to each their own. I've seen Locker do a lot of positives at Washington and I've seen him do a lot of negatives. We will just have to wait and see what happens when he gets to the pros.

To be honest with you if I played for Washington I would be pissed I was getting so constantly blamed for Locker looking awful. They're not a talented team but he does nothing to raise them above what they are. To me, that says he's really no better than any of them.

This same argument has been made a lot to absolve Jimmy Clausen from his role in Carolina being the worst team in football this year. I don't buy it there either.

People seem to forget that Jay Cutler took Vandy into all the hotbeds of the SEC with nothing but Earl Bennett to throw to and won SEC player of the year. As one person said, he was taking doctors and lawyers against the Florida Gators and but for a horse**** excess celebration call had the #13 Gators beat in the Swamp as a senior. He capped that performance by actually beating Tennessee on the road in his last game.

THAT'S what a top quarterback does. He makes the impossible possible by his mere presence. He raises the level of play of his teammates. He DOESN'T cause people to bemoan his circumstances. John Elway never had a winning record at Stanford and never made a bowl game, yet everyone who watched him knew they were witnessing greatness. To this day Mel Kiper has never given a higher grade on a player, according to him.

Locker sucks. He sucks bad enough that when I watch him, I sort of have to laugh.

A thousand times thank you.

To be honest with you if I played for Washington I would be pissed I was getting so constantly blamed for Locker looking awful. They're not a talented team but he does nothing to raise them above what they are. To me, that says he's really no better than any of them.

This same argument has been made a lot to absolve Jimmy Clausen from his role in Carolina being the worst team in football this year. I don't buy it there either.

I dunno. I haven't seen as much of Washington this year as I have in past years, but I know in other years Locker was the only reason they moved the ball.

As for Jimmy... my thoughts on him are for another thread. Carolina doesn't have a lot of talent. But I've seen Jake Delhomme put points up with less talent than Jimmy has.

You know what, it's not even an issue to get mad over anymore. I'm pretty sure the NFL knows that Jake Locker is not a good quarterback. And if some team actually thinks he is, well, that's why some teams in the NFL are pretty awful.

I know all of you have to agree that being a good quarterback requires winning..He is beating a damn good Nebraska team right now..

nice run for locker but his athletic ability was never in question

You know what, it's not even an issue to get mad over anymore. I'm pretty sure the NFL knows that Jake Locker is not a good quarterback. And if some team actually thinks he is, well, that's why some teams in the NFL are pretty awful.

that awful team will be us...just wait

i will throw my 52 inch samsung and my two 40 inch samsungs out the ****ing window if on draft day he's our top pick

no bs

I dunno CK. I felt that way about Vince Young and he kept getting chances and I thought Matt Leinart would be awesome. I also recall a former guru (I don't think it was you, but I don't remember) saying we should swallow our pride and draft John Beck 9th overall. So who really knows?

Back
Top Bottom