Little known fact... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Little known fact...

I think Marino is the best ever by a pretty wide margin. I'll admit to being a lifetime Dolphin fan and therefore a bit prejudice but I'm taking #13 all day and twice on Sunday. If you want to break it down to most cerebral, highest accuracy, TD's vs. interceptions etc. then Peyton gets most cerebral. Mahomes is freaking great but he just got here. Aaron Rogers is another guy that is just phenomenal. Johnny Unitas was amazing and really fun to watch. He was a gunslinger from way back! He threw a beautiful long ball! I think Montana gets overrated a bit because of team success and much of the credit should go to Bill Walsh imo. Lamar Jackson is just another category and talk about fun to watch!! The kid is a joy to watch and I'm glad he proved all the geniuses wrong. He's one to watch along with Baker Mayfield. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and John Elway are some other favorites. I'm expecting Tua to be on this list soon. I'm not forgetting Jim Kelly!!!!

I think Marino is the best ever by a pretty wide margin. I'll admit to being a lifetime Dolphin fan and therefore a bit prejudice but I'm taking #13 all day and twice on Sunday. If you want to break it down to most cerebral, highest accuracy, TD's vs. interceptions etc. then Peyton gets most cerebral. Mahomes is freaking great but he just got here. Aaron Rogers is another guy that is just phenomenal. Johnny Unitas was amazing and really fun to watch. He was a gunslinger from way back! He threw a beautiful long ball! I think Montana gets overrated a bit because of team success and much of the credit should go to Bill Walsh imo. Lamar Jackson is just another category and talk about fun to watch!! The kid is a joy to watch and I'm glad he proved all the geniuses wrong. He's one to watch along with Baker Mayfield. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and John Elway are some other favorites. I'm expecting Tua to be on this list soon. I'm not forgetting Jim Kelly!!!!

Ron Jaworski said marino was "physically" the greatest QB to ever play. I think it was on an NFL films feature but don't recall for sure. I know he said it. I agree on both Marino and Peyton. Peyton is the best ever IMO if you need somebody to immediately go in and run any offense scheme. Peyton and Marino caught on to the NFL game quicker than any other QB's.

Lamar Jackson is so much fun to watch and is this generation's Randall Cunningham. Cunningham could run and liked to run. However, he was always looking downfield to pass first. I cringe every time Jackson takes off, however. I always have this feeling his next hit could be his last for some time.

I hope he doesn't because hopefully that means Tua showed up and impressed.

Though like you, I also would love a scenario of Tua starting from day one, having a Brady or Warner type season where produces early and wins a SB, this season is not about Tua, but about the Dolphins, and giving Tua the chance to have a great and long career, not one season.

If allowing Fitz to come in early, as Tua gets adjusted to the NFL, the O-line get adjusted to playing well together as a unit...CONSISTENTLY. Then I have no problem waiting a bit, rooting for Fitz, and hoping sometime in the future of this season to see Tua taking over.

He did prove he can contribute to a 5-11 team consistently.

Yes, I agree with you in how well he did in helping a team that most believed would be lucky to win one game, to win games against teams like the Eagles, Colts, and the Patriots to end on a 5- 4 second half run.

Yes, I agree with you in how well he did in helping a team that most believed would be lucky to win one game, to win games against teams like the Eagles, Colts, and the Patriots to end on a 5- 4 second half run.

"What most believed". Conventional wisdom is usually for the weak minded.

We can play that game with teams who start out hot and fizzle the second half the of the season. Or those that come out cold and still go 13-3 and make a run. ESPN loves making heros out of zeroes and vice versa.

Only qbs that have an argument over Marino is Peyton, Brady, and Montana. I would take Marino over all of them but I’m biased.
20 years from now...

"Only qbs that have an argument over Marino is Peyton, Brady, Montana, Mahomes, and Tua. I would take Marino or Tua over all of them but I'm biased."

...a man can dream, right?

Only qbs that have an argument over Marino is Peyton, Brady, and Montana. I would take Marino over all of them but I’m biased.
Marino is better passer than Elways and Young but Elways was great too... but Young and Elways had better teams..

"What most believed". Conventional wisdom is usually for the weak minded.

We can play that game with teams who start out hot and fizzle the second half the of the season. Or those that come out cold and still go 13-3 and make a run. ESPN loves making heros out of zeroes and vice versa.

Miami made that run not because of having great talent or because teams they were playing were declining thanks to severe injuries to the roster, in fact the Eagles won 4 in a row after playing Miami, the Patriots had won two on a row before playing Miami, and the Colts won their next game.

Miami won because they refused to quit, and were coached very well...far from weak minded.

It could have been very easy for the player to pack it in after the start they had, but with that roster they still decided to fight...That may not impress you much, but there is reason to be excited for this season after that type of heart.

Reactions: BSQ
Miami made that run not because of having great talent or because teams they were playing were declining thanks to severe injuries to the roster, in fact the Eagles won 4 in a row after playing Miami, the Patriots had won two on a row before playing Miami, and the Colts won their next game.

Miami won because they refused to quit, and were coached very well...far from weak minded.

It could have been very easy for the player to pack it in after the start they had, but with that roster they still decided to fight...That may not impress you much, but there is reason to be excited for this season after that type of heart.

I loved how the team ended last year and I'm considered a hater these days :lol:

I think Miami hit the jackpot with Brian Flores.

I loved how the team ended last year and I'm considered a hater these days :lol:

I think Miami hit the jackpot with Brian Flores.
Meh.....

I don't think you're a "hater", by any means.

Snake bit? Hand shy? Fool me once?

Not unreasonable, considering the last two decades.

There are a few negative ppl here who, in their eyes, nothing will ever be good. You aren't one of those.

Meh.....

I don't think you're a "hater", by any means.

Snake bit? Hand shy? Fool me once?

Not unreasonable, considering the last two decades.

There are a few negative ppl here who, in their eyes, nothing will ever be good. You aren't one of those.

:lol:

I'm only 28, all I've seen is failure with this team.

Back
Top Bottom