Little known fact... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Little known fact...

Fitz is exactly what the team needed from last year on through this season. Savvy veteran who will be remembered as a solid option for us during a time of transition. He fits the bill with guys like Frerotte & Pennington. Not thee franchise QB but the stepping stone to our franchise QB in Tua. Thanks for your service Fitz. Hope we can send you out with a playoff run.

He is too old be glorifying.. guy who never make playoff.. good team are laughing at dolphins. Saying they will never get back to SB..playing Fitzpatrick...

I just cant bring myself to fan boy for him. I had to much fun making fun of my brother and nephew for getting his jersey when he was in BUF.

Glad he helped last year in allowing others to grow into their positions. But the sooner the franchise moves on, the better.

What about Dan Fouts? He was right up there with Marino.

And Fran Tarkenton was another phenomenal player...fuggin' Sammy Baugh.

I don't care to compare the greats...I'd rather reminisce over aspects of their game that made them great.
Fouts was excellent - Marino was exponentially better!

FitzMagic has had a long interesting career to say the least. I remember when Facebook came to my college during my sophomore year I added him as a friend along with a couple other players entering the draft that year. Never would have guessed he would still be in the NFL 16 years later.

Fouts was excellent - Marino was exponentially better!

Even Ken O'Brien, the Jets QB during those fantastic shootout years, really wasn't in Marino's stratosphere...Only Fouts was able to churn out those 5 TD, 400 yard games that could match or even eclipse Marino. You're right, I think, just not exponentially better is all.

Elway seemed to improvisationally will his team to the Super Bowl every other year early on. His wheels were underrated.

Even Ken O'Brien, the Jets QB during those fantastic shootout years, really wasn't in Marino's stratosphere...Only Fouts was able to churn out those 5 TD, 400 yard games that could match or even eclipse Marino. You're right, I think, just not exponentially better is all.

Elway seemed to improvisationally will his team to the Super Bowl every other year early on. His wheels were underrated.
[

Ok fair enough - just that it seemed like Fouts was such an anti-dolphin homer as an announcer which makes him a jackass in my book. I watch games he announces I turn the volume off. I can’t take him!

Then my kids watched their ravens against the patriots and he does his predictable lopsided announcing and they turned the volume off.

That unfairly makes me respect his play less!

FitzMagic has had a long interesting career to say the least. I remember when Facebook came to my college during my sophomore year I added him as a friend along with a couple other players entering the draft that year. Never would have guessed he would still be in the NFL 16 years later.
Fitzpatrick is type qb that dolphins organization like sense Dan left. A coach killer. 5-11,7-9,8-8 and famous 6-10

Fitzpatrick is type qb that dolphins organization like sense Dan left. A coach killer. 5-11,7-9,8-8 and famous 6-10

Quarterbacks don't kill coaches. Specifically not Quarterbacks who don't cause locker room problems. You know who kills coaches? Coaches. Coaches who are too damn stupid to play to a QB's strengths, rather than trying to attack his weaknesses. Coaches who, despite all evidence to the contrary, refuse to believe that protecting a QB and...oh, I don't know...giving him a power running game...is a WISE choice. Coaches who put more value on a complete lack of chewing gum wrappers on a locker room floor than maybe giving his QB a vote of confidence. Coaches who, for whatever reason, decide to run a three receiver set...where all the receivers run 7-yard hitches. For an entire game. And then...when it doesn't work, blame everyone but themselves.

That's who kills coaches. Immeasurably dumb-ass coaches. You know what else immeasurably dumb-ass coaches kill? Fanbases and player careers.

Only problem I have with mohomes. He went to team ready to win now.. less see what happens 4 or 5 year from now. When he is like Aaron Rogers.. with no help.

If the organization lets this happen, that's on them. Not on Mahomes.

I just cant bring myself to fan boy for him. I had to much fun making fun of my brother and nephew for getting his jersey when he was in BUF.

I do like Fitz but I can't blame you for playfully making fun of somebody for buying his jersey :lol: I had tons of jerseys in high school in college. I even had a Dolphins Karim Abdul-Jabbar jersey in high school. Not my proudest :) I won't wear another man's name on my back now. I remember Steelers fans (I live in Western PA) at work wearing Jeff Reed jerseys. I just shook my head. We are each entitled to like who we like, but a kicker's jersey? :shrug:

Quarterbacks don't kill coaches. Specifically not Quarterbacks who don't cause locker room problems. You know who kills coaches? Coaches. Coaches who are too damn stupid to play to a QB's strengths, rather than trying to attack his weaknesses. Coaches who, despite all evidence to the contrary, refuse to believe that protecting a QB and...oh, I don't know...giving him a power running game...is a WISE choice. Coaches who put more value on a complete lack of chewing gum wrappers on a locker room floor than maybe giving his QB a vote of confidence. Coaches who, for whatever reason, decide to run a three receiver set...where all the receivers run 7-yard hitches. For an entire game. And then...when it doesn't work, blame everyone but themselves.

That's who kills coaches. Immeasurably dumb-*** coaches. You know what else immeasurably dumb-*** coaches kill? Fanbases and player careers.
I agree, but you know what else kills coaches? An a$$hat GM.

If you're given one choice of a QB without knowing what style of game you'd be given....P. Manning would be my first choice. By far the most cerebral QB to play the game imo. He just always knew how to counter what was being thrown at him. He coached AND played at the same time. Very impressive abilities.

If you're given one choice of a QB without knowing what style of game you'd be given....P. Manning would be my first choice. By far the most cerebral QB to play the game imo. He just always knew how to counter what was being thrown at him. He coached AND played at the same time. Very impressive abilities.
He was good no doubt. I'll still take Danny boy but i am biased

He was good no doubt. I'll still take Danny boy but i am biased

I am too. Manning is just the smartest QB I've ever seen.
Dan could shred you on pure instinct and ungodly arm talent. I've also never seen a QB play with more hatred of failing. Every play was life or death for him. I love that his prime was something I got to fly witness.

Back
Top Bottom