LJ Shelton drawing the interest of FOUR teams.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LJ Shelton drawing the interest of FOUR teams....

Justasportsfan said:
Ah so now I see that problem. All you needed was for me to state the 3 million/year? :lol:

Okay , here's what, Let me rephrase this for you in such a way that you can understand.Could it be MCnally/Bills didn't think he was worth 3 million + Henry so they didn't deal him. It was obvious that the cards couldn't keep Shelton anyways and no other team was interested in dealing for Shelton and his 3 million, so the bills could afford to wait for the cards to cut him.

Now that he's been cut, the bills still haven't gone after him. I wonder why. Could there be a problem? Could Green be right about Shelton? Was there something about Shelton that the bills didn't like? Maybe he's not an upgrade over what we have, after all. Maybe he'll be cheaper once he's cut and the bills can take him. But wait, the bills haven't made a move. (here goes Sal, you ready?) MAYBE THERE"S A PROBLEM WITH SHELTON. :lol:

HEll' the top 2 OL coaches aren't interested in him even though both teams ahve questionable LT"S :lol:

There , you still didn't understand that than you must be a homer. :lol:

Maybe...since he's a free agent now and has more options...he does not want to play for the Bills. Maybe he rather play for other teams before he plays for the Bills...could that be?

Go Fins!!!!

BTW, saying "there must be" isn't a final statement. It's an inquiring mind. Learn english. It doesn't mean I know it all. DUH!!!! :D.

Sal Lisitano said:
Maybe...since he's a free agent now and has more options...he does not want to play for the Bills. Maybe he rather play for other teams before he plays for the Bills...could that be?

Go Fins!!!!
Could be. But if the bills offered him 3 million , he'd be a bill today. But they didn't , they didn't evn offer him 1 million. THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM or maybe he's not an upgrade over what we have :lol:

Wagon Circler said:
Who the hell cares. Bottom line is he's not going to be playing for Buffalo under any circumstance. .
Maybe, maybe not.

Justasportsfan said:
Maybe, maybe not.
Sorry Justasportsfan, but I've been reading the back and forth between you and Sal, and quite frankly, it is YOU who obviously has the problem understanding. You keep avoiding the questions and arguments that Sal has raised. Instead you are providing information that is not at all relevant- it's extraneous. It is possible that the Bills just are not interested inShelton, but it is also quite possible that Shelton is not interested in the Bills.
On another note, I have been following the entire Travis Henry imbroglio in the printed press and radio for over 4 months now, and the one thing that really sticks out with this situation is that the Bills and their fans really oversetimate the value of Travis Henry. Wake up Bills fans. Henry is worth no more than a 5th round draft pick. He just isn't that talented. He had one good season, but most observers who have any knowledge of football will tell you that there are at least 30 more talented backs than Henry. He's not big, does not have tremendous speed, is an average receiver, is not a great blocker, has a penchant for fumbling, and does not have playmaking ability. Whenever this gets brought up in the presence of Bills fans they usually start rattling off statitistics, especially the years 2002-03. But those years were actually noit that impressive. The real reason Henry has not been traded yet, is quite simply, because no team is that interested in picking up a 5 yr vet to be their starter, who really isn't that talented. Henry is a back-up, and with a flooded RB market, his age and salary, and the fact he is not that talented, Buffalo will be lucky to get a 5th. Tom "daydreaming" Donahoe and Bills fans just can't stand the truth.

phinsforever said:
Sorry Justasportsfan, but I've been reading the back and forth between you and Sal, and quite frankly, it is YOU who obviously has the problem understanding. You keep avoiding the questions and arguments that Sal has raised. Instead you are providing information that is not at all relevant- it's extraneous. It is possible that the Bills just are not interested inShelton, but it is also quite possible that Shelton is not interested in the Bills.
On another note, I have been following the entire Travis Henry imbroglio in the printed press and radio for over 4 months now, and the one thing that really sticks out with this situation is that the Bills and their fans really oversetimate the value of Travis Henry. Wake up Bills fans. Henry is worth no more than a 5th round draft pick. He just isn't that talented. He had one good season, but most observers who have any knowledge of football will tell you that there are at least 30 more talented backs than Henry. He's not big, does not have tremendous speed, is an average receiver, is not a great blocker, has a penchant for fumbling, and does not have playmaking ability. Whenever this gets brought up in the presence of Bills fans they usually start rattling off statitistics, especially the years 2002-03. But those years were actually noit that impressive. The real reason Henry has not been traded yet, is quite simply, because no team is that interested in picking up a 5 yr vet to be their starter, who really isn't that talented. Henry is a back-up, and with a flooded RB market, his age and salary, and the fact he is not that talented, Buffalo will be lucky to get a 5th. Tom "daydreaming" Donahoe and Bills fans just can't stand the truth.
:roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:
:roflmao:

He's 100% correct

The problem you have is...you always got to be right or else...you get defensive...you start off by stating that I don't understand and that I have no common sense...but you're the one that lacks the common sense.

Face it...the Bills really screwed up...with the whole Shelton/Henry trade...no one wants to give up what the Bills want for T. Henry.

Here's another example of you lacking common sense and how you come out with some dumb remarks...

If you honestly think T. Henry is so great and worth the Bills asking price...than explain why
1) The Bills spent a 1st round pick on a running back that blew out his knee when T. Henry was coming off a decent season?
2) Why haven't they found a trading partner yet?

Please explain.

Face it...Shelton is fine...and just because McNally doesn't want him anymore...it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him!!!

DUH!!!

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
He's 100% correct

The problem you have is...you always got to be right or else...you get defensive...you start off by stating that I don't understand and that I have no common sense...but you're the one that lacks the common sense.!!!
Of course you think he's right because he agrees with you. I don't always have to be right. I am a bills fan and know more about the bills situation than you do. That is a FACT!!!!

He said Henry had 1 good season. He had 2 good seasons. He;s an above average rb when healthy. Some finfans here even wanted him.

He says there are 30 better rb's than Henry and he can't list them and show statistics. Since you agree with him 100% I dare you to lists those 30 rb's. You better include facts and not use "potential" as a basis. I want proven rb's.

Sal Lisitano said:
Face it...the Bills really screwed up...with the whole Shelton/Henry trade...no one wants to give up what the Bills want for T. Henry.
the bills screwed up? The Cards released Henry. It would've been stupid to trade Henry if Shelton was going to be released anyways. Are you that clueless? If Shelton all that how come he isn't signed yet? How come nobody wanted to trade w/ the cards for his services?

Now ,there are teams talking to him because he no longer carries a 3 million/yr contract which means the bills were right for not giving up a player and inheriting his 3 million cap. If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be talking football.

Sal Lisitano said:
Here's another example of you lacking common sense and how you come out with some dumb remarks...

If you honestly think T. Henry is so great and worth the Bills asking price...than explain why
1) The Bills spent a 1st round pick on a running back that blew out his knee when T. Henry was coming off a decent season?
2) Why haven't they found a trading partner yet?

Please explain.
First of all I NEVER said Henry was great. DUH!!! You just contradicted yourself. You just admitted Henry had a decent season and then you agree w/ what's his name that he's not worth more than a 5th rd. pick? Anyone who thinks that having 2 consecutive season for over 1,000 yards isn't worth a 5th rd. pick has to be a HOMER.

You of all people should know after RW bailed out on your team at the last minute that Henry could be worth something in case someone decides to quit football to smoke weed. DUH!!!! Was there a team in history that was desperate enough to trade for a rb whose a bench warmer?Spielman gave up a 3rd for Gordon. HellOO!!!!

The season hasn't started yet. Henry can stiill be dealt. With Alexander and James out there and a very deep runningback class, of course it's gonna be harder to trade him. It would be stupid to give the guy away when players are still getting injured and will get injured at camp. Helloo!

I'm sure you are clueless about this but in 2002, the bills signed Olandis Gary. The Lions' rb went down at camp and we traded Gary to the Lions for a 4th. Do you get it now? The titans are still in contact with the bills , it's a matter of time before someone gives in.

Henry is a good rb, we would rather keep him as insurance than give him away. If you were the GM, based on your posts, it's obvious you would give him up for a 5th. You're that clueless.

Sal Lisitano said:
Face it...Shelton is fine...and just because McNally doesn't want him anymore...it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him!!!

DUH!!!

Go Fins
Once again, he was obviously not worth 3 million+ a player or else other teams would've traded for him. 3 million is cheap for LT's. How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT?

Yes, if Mcnally doesn't want him , it means he isn't worth 3 million and a player because either his knee isn't well, he's lazy or simply is not as good as advertised that he wouldn't be an upgrade over what we have. If you understand english ,those are problems. DUH!!!

hi everyone!:)

not sure if this is only a three person thread, but I would like to add something. can't we all just get along?:hug:

and remember, this was one, maybe questionable source, buffalo could be talking to Shelton. Shelton could have a big ego and be angered over the "low" of by buffalo. there is not enough information to attack other people with yet. Wait at least to the PFT article.;)

phinfan77 said:
hi everyone!:)

not sure if this is only a three person thread, but I would like to add something. can't we all just get along?:hug:

and remember, this was one, maybe questionable source, buffalo could be talking to Shelton. Shelton could have a big ego and be angered over the "low" of by buffalo. there is not enough information to attack other people with yet. Wait at least to the PFT article.;)
exactly. If he is pissed off at the bills because they didn't think he was worth 3 million+ Henry then he should reasses himself because the other 31 teams didn't think he was worth that either or they would've traded Shelton for a player and inherit his 3 million cap.

For me to say "there must be a problem" means I am speculating or assuming. I never claimed that is was fact.

I wasn't attacking Sal, I was attacking his posts. He and I go through this all the time.

Justasportsfan said:
Of course you think he's right because he agrees with you. I don't always have to be right. I am a bills fan and know more about the bills situation than you do. That is a FACT!!!!

He said Henry had 1 good season. He had 2 good seasons. He;s an above average rb when healthy. Some finfans here even wanted him.

He says there are 30 better rb's than Henry and he can't list them and show statistics. Since you agree with him 100% I dare you to lists those 30 rb's. You better include facts and not use "potential" as a basis. I want proven rb's.

the bills screwed up? The Cards released Henry. It would've been stupid to trade Henry if Shelton was going to be released anyways. Are you that clueless? If Shelton all that how come he isn't signed yet? How come nobody wanted to trade w/ the cards for his services?

Now ,there are teams talking to him because he no longer carries a 3 million/yr contract which means the bills were right for not giving up a player and inheriting his 3 million cap. If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be talking football.

First of all I NEVER said Henry was great. DUH!!! You just contradicted yourself. You just admitted Henry had a decent season and then you agree w/ what's his name that he's not worth more than a 5th rd. pick? Anyone who thinks that having 2 consecutive season for over 1,000 yards isn't worth a 5th rd. pick has to be a HOMER.

You of all people should know after RW bailed out on your team at the last minute that Henry could be worth something in case someone decides to quit football to smoke weed. DUH!!!! Was there a team in history that was desperate enough to trade for a rb whose a bench warmer?Spielman gave up a 3rd for Gordon. HellOO!!!!

The season hasn't started yet. Henry can stiill be dealt. With Alexander and James out there and a very deep runningback class, of course it's gonna be harder to trade him. It would be stupid to give the guy away when players are still getting injured and will get injured at camp. Helloo!

I'm sure you are clueless about this but in 2002, the bills signed Olandis Gary. The Lions' rb went down at camp and we traded Gary to the Lions for a 4th. Do you get it now? The titans are still in contact with the bills , it's a matter of time before someone gives in.

Henry is a good rb, we would rather keep him as insurance than give him away. If you were the GM, based on your posts, it's obvious you would give him up for a 5th. You're that clueless.

Once again, he was obviously not worth 3 million+ a player or else other teams would've traded for him. 3 million is cheap for LT's. How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT?

Yes, if Mcnally doesn't want him , it means he isn't worth 3 million and a player because either his knee isn't well, he's lazy or simply is not as good as advertised that he wouldn't be an upgrade over what we have. If you understand english ,those are problems. DUH!!!

Why can't it be that he fell out of favor with Green? So he got released. This isn't the 1st player in history who got released and was a pretty good player who didn't fit anymore.

The Cards cut their losses now instead of later.

I will laugh if he signs with a team for more than $3 million in the first year. The funny thing is...I read an article that the Texans can't figure out why he was released...they said he has athletic ability and they can't figure out why...I would take their word over your word..."something must be wrong with Shelton becuase McNally does not want him." :roflmao:

You're a clown.

Go Fins!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2068522

there's the article...read and enjoy...so another team is in the race for this guy...but according to Justa..."something must be wrong because McNally does not want him."

You dope...you're the homer...look how stupid you sound!!!

if the Bills don't want him...something must be wrong with him...funny $hit.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
Why can't it be that he fell out of favor with Green? So he got released. This isn't the 1st player in history who got released and was a pretty good player who didn't fit anymore.

The Cards cut their losses now instead of later.!!!
If he fell out of favor that means there could be a problem Green is no idiot. Just like me you are making assumptions. DUH!!

Sal Lisitano said:
I will laugh if he signs with a team for more than $3 million in the first year. The funny thing is...I read an article that the Texans can't figure out why he was released...they said he has athletic ability and they can't figure out why...I would take their word over your word..."something must be wrong with Shelton becuase McNally does not want him." :roflmao:

You're a clown.

Go Fins!!!
3 million In the first year? Why not the exact same salary he would've gotten from the cards plus a player? You are obviously back pedaling with that statement. If the texans couldn't figure it out , then obviously other teams can't figure him out either. Why don't they sign him then if he's athletic?

Why did you ignore my questions? Where is my list of 30 rb's.

Sal Lisitano said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2068522

there's the article...read and enjoy...so another team is in the race for this guy...but according to Justa..."something must be wrong because McNally does not want him."

You dope...you're the homer...look how stupid you sound!!!

if the Bills don't want him...something must be wrong with him...funny $hit.

Go Fins!!!
That doesn't say squat. Why didn't the texans trade for Shelton for a player and inherit his 3 million cap then? Are you gonna ignore this question too?

Back
Top Bottom