LJ Shelton drawing the interest of FOUR teams.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LJ Shelton drawing the interest of FOUR teams....

Justasportsfan said:
Of course you think he's right because he agrees with you. I don't always have to be right. I am a bills fan and know more about the bills situation than you do. That is a FACT!!!!

He said Henry had 1 good season. He had 2 good seasons. He;s an above average rb when healthy. Some finfans here even wanted him.

He says there are 30 better rb's than Henry and he can't list them and show statistics. Since you agree with him 100% I dare you to lists those 30 rb's. You better include facts and not use "potential" as a basis. I want proven rb's.

the bills screwed up? The Cards released Henry. It would've been stupid to trade Henry if Shelton was going to be released anyways. Are you that clueless? If Shelton all that how come he isn't signed yet? How come nobody wanted to trade w/ the cards for his services?

Now ,there are teams talking to him because he no longer carries a 3 million/yr contract which means the bills were right for not giving up a player and inheriting his 3 million cap. If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be talking football.

First of all I NEVER said Henry was great. DUH!!! You just contradicted yourself. You just admitted Henry had a decent season and then you agree w/ what's his name that he's not worth more than a 5th rd. pick? Anyone who thinks that having 2 consecutive season for over 1,000 yards isn't worth a 5th rd. pick has to be a HOMER.

You of all people should know after RW bailed out on your team at the last minute that Henry could be worth something in case someone decides to quit football to smoke weed. DUH!!!! Was there a team in history that was desperate enough to trade for a rb whose a bench warmer?Spielman gave up a 3rd for Gordon. HellOO!!!!

The season hasn't started yet. Henry can stiill be dealt. With Alexander and James out there and a very deep runningback class, of course it's gonna be harder to trade him. It would be stupid to give the guy away when players are still getting injured and will get injured at camp. Helloo!

I'm sure you are clueless about this but in 2002, the bills signed Olandis Gary. The Lions' rb went down at camp and we traded Gary to the Lions for a 4th. Do you get it now? The titans are still in contact with the bills , it's a matter of time before someone gives in.

Henry is a good rb, we would rather keep him as insurance than give him away. If you were the GM, based on your posts, it's obvious you would give him up for a 5th. You're that clueless.

Once again, he was obviously not worth 3 million+ a player or else other teams would've traded for him. 3 million is cheap for LT's. How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT?

Yes, if Mcnally doesn't want him , it means he isn't worth 3 million and a player because either his knee isn't well, he's lazy or simply is not as good as advertised that he wouldn't be an upgrade over what we have. If you understand english ,those are problems. DUH!!!
lol. I told you Jills fans are delusional. They just refuse to accept that Henry is not that good of a back. You ask for statistics, but statistics don't tell the whole story. In fact, they often mislead some. Travis Henry simply isn't worth what the Spills are demanding for in return.
The facts you bring up to defend your argument are laughable, especially the olandis GAry trade. If anything it proves my point: the only team willing to trade for Henry will be a desperate team that is run by incompetent fools. In additon, you should read your own arguments. You go into great detail about Shelton and the possible trade and conclude with 'How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT?'. The same applies for Henry. I don't see teams lining up to offer a 3rd for him. In fact, the best offer is a 5th, which is pretty good value for Henry to be honest.
You asked for a list of 30 Rbs who are better than Henry, and I will be happy to oblige.
In no particular order, the following list of backs are better than Henry.
Dillon, Mcgahee,Martin,James, Barber, R Johnson, Alexander, McCallister, Dunn, Portis, Tomlinson, Davis, Taylor, Lewis, Green, Holmes, Staley, Bettis, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Thomas Jones, C Brown, R Brown, Westbrook, Jordan, Wheatley, Droughns, Pittman, O Smith, S JAckson.

I would take any of these backs over Henry without a second thought, and I'm sure most knowledgeable football fans would agree. Only Jills fans seem to see things differently.
In anticipation of the inevitable bellyaching that this will generate from Jills fans, I say : The truth hurts. Deal with it.

there's the list...hahaha.

justa...you're delusional...no doubt.

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:
That doesn't say squat. Why didn't the texans trade for Shelton for a player and inherit his 3 million cap then? Are you gonna ignore this question too?

we'll it doesn't say...

there must be something wrong with him because McNally doesn't want him :lol:

Go Fins!!!

phinsforever said:
lol. I told you Jills fans are delusional. They just refuse to accept that Henry is not that good of a back. You ask for statistics, but statistics don't tell the whole story. In fact, they often mislead some. Travis Henry simply isn't worth what the Spills are demanding for in return.
The facts you bring up to defend your argument are laughable, especially the olandis GAry trade. If anything it proves my point: the only team willing to trade for Henry will be a desperate team that is run by incompetent fools. In additon, you should read your own arguments. You go into great detail about Shelton and the possible trade and conclude with 'How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT?'. The same applies for Henry. I don't see teams lining up to offer a 3rd for him. In fact, the best offer is a 5th, which is pretty good value for Henry to be honest.
You asked for a list of 30 Rbs who are better than Henry, and I will be happy to oblige.
In no particular order, the following list of backs are better than Henry.
Dillon, Mcgahee,Martin,James, Barber, R Johnson, Alexander, McCallister, Dunn, Portis, Tomlinson, Davis, Taylor, Lewis, Green, Holmes, Staley, Bettis, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Thomas Jones, C Brown, R Brown, Westbrook, Jordan, Wheatley, Droughns, Pittman, O Smith, S JAckson.

I would take any of these backs over Henry without a second thought, and I'm sure most knowledgeable football fans would agree. Only Jills fans seem to see things differently.
In anticipation of the inevitable bellyaching that this will generate from Jills fans, I say : The truth hurts. Deal with it.
Pittman? :roflmao: the guy has never rushed for 1000 yds. Do you wonder why the Bucs drafted a rb? Helloo!!!

R. Brown? I said proven. Not potential. Brown hasn't created any facts yet.

Thomas Jones? The guy never even rushed for more than 1000 yards in his 5 career. Henry has been to the probowl.

C. Brown. He's no doubt very talented and has a lot of potential. Too bad he's as fragile as Rob johnson. This is the reason why the titans are talking to the bills for Henry's services. The dude is out again w/ a broken arm. I'm not saying Henry isn't fragile but he's played almost an entire season w/ a cracked rib and broken leg.

:rolleyes:

Sal Lisitano said:
we'll it doesn't say...

there must be something wrong with him because McNally doesn't want him :lol:

Go Fins!!!
Side stepping the questions again. Thought so. you obviously don't have the knowledge to answer them. Thanks for proving my point.

Sal Lisitano said:
there's the list...hahaha.

justa...you're delusional...no doubt.

Go Fins!!!
You had to wait for him to come up w/ the list because you have no clue :roflmao: If it wasn't against the TOS , I'd say DUMB was agreeing with dumber. But since it is, I won't say it then. :lol:

Pittman over Henry and you agree. :roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:
You had to wait for him to come up w/ the list because you have no clue :roflmao: If it wasn't against the TOS , I'd say DUMB was agreeing with dumber. But since it is, I won't say it then. :lol:

uhh u kinda just did say it:roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:

you implied it...now why should I answer your questions when you don't answer mine....now you used the Pittman example...why didn't answer my questions?

If Henry is so good/great why did the Bill draft a running back will a blown knee in the first round?

Thought so!!!

DUH!!!

HELLO!!!

You sound like a women...or a little girl...hello...duh...pulessee...c'mon be a man...enough with making those remarks you girl. :lol:

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
If Henry is so good/great why did the Bill draft a running back will a blown knee in the first round?

Go Fins!!!
What after all these years you never read the answers? I will repeat it since you're obviously slow.

The draft class Willis was drafted in was one of the weakest class in a long time.

Willis was the BEST PLAYER available. (I doubt you've heard that term before being that your obviously not very sharp)

There was no one left at 23 that had great value at 23. The bills need was a TE. The best avilable TE was KElsay and we got him in the 2nd rd.

Willis was like Boston, the rewards was higher than the risk besides the bills got that first rd. pick via trading Price.

Was the risk worth it? Obviously.

Now your turn.
Here are my questions ....

texans:

"Why didn't the texans trade for Shelton for a player and inherit his 3 million cap then? "

"How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT? "

"the bills screwed up? The Cards released Henry. It would've been stupid to trade Henry if Shelton was going to be released anyways. Are you that clueless? If Shelton all that how come he isn't signed yet? How come nobody wanted to trade w/ the cards for his services?"

Justasportsfan said:
What after all these years you never read the answers? I will repeat it since you're obviously slow.

The draft class Willis was drafted in was one of the weakest class in a long time.

Willis was the BEST PLAYER available. (I doubt you've heard that term before being that your obviously not very sharp)

There was no one left at 23 that had great value at 23. The bills need was a TE. The best avilable TE was KElsay and we got him in the 2nd rd.

Willis was like Boston, the rewards was higher than the risk besides the bills got that first rd. pick via trading Price.

Was the risk worth it? Obviously.

Now your turn.

but henry was great...no need to take a chance on a rb with a blown knee...right? again...you just can't admit that Henry was not that good...so they took a chance on a rb with a f-up knee....you get it now...or do i need to say it again?

and as far as i'm concerned...willis has not done much in my eyes so...how do you know it was worth the risk..he didn't play a full season...

um we did not get boston in the 1st round...we did not take a chance like that...high reward low risk...not a big salary...you guys are paying willis 1st round money...its only a matter of time he gets greedy and threatens to sit out...if he makes it through more than 8 games....again you're examples are really bad.

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:
Pittman? :roflmao: the guy has never rushed for 1000 yds. Do you wonder why the Bucs drafted a rb? Helloo!!!

R. Brown? I said proven. Not potential. Brown hasn't created any facts yet.

Thomas Jones? The guy never even rushed for more than 1000 yards in his 5 career. Henry has been to the probowl.

C. Brown. He's no doubt very talented and has a lot of potential. Too bad he's as fragile as Rob johnson. This is the reason why the titans are talking to the bills for Henry's services. The dude is out again w/ a broken arm. I'm not saying Henry isn't fragile but he's played almost an entire season w/ a cracked rib and broken leg.

:rolleyes:
You just took 4 players off my list and you think you proved your point????:roflmao: :roflmao: The list indicates players I would take over Henry. It is intended to give you an idea of what his value is. If you think Henry has more value than R. Brown then you need to pull your head out of your a$$.
Pitman won a championship, and is a lot more versatile than Henry. You argue that the Bucs drafted a RB as evidence that Pittman is no good. What exactly did the Bills draft Mcgahee for???
T Jones has not had the stats as Henry, but I think he is sliughtly better.
C Brown is a much better runner than Henry ever will be. You say is fragile, but I'll take his fragility over Henry's mediocrity anyday.
There are number of backs I would have added to the list had I given more thought, but you just asked for 30. Either way, Henry is not as good as you wish.

Sal Lisitano said:
but henry was great...no need to take a chance on a rb with a blown knee...right? again...you just can't admit that Henry was not that good...so they took a chance on a rb with a f-up knee....you get it now...or do i need to say it again?

and as far as i'm concerned...willis has not done much in my eyes so...how do you know it was worth the risk..he didn't play a full season...

um we did not get boston in the 1st round...we did not take a chance like that...high reward low risk...not a big salary...you guys are paying willis 1st round money...its only a matter of time he gets greedy and threatens to sit out...if he makes it through more than 8 games....again you're examples are really bad.

Go Fins!!!
First of all no one here said he was great except you. You say he is great and he's not worth a 5th rd? Make up your freaking mind. You just lost your freakin entire argument there. DUH!!!!

2nd. who cares what you think about Willis and his screwed up knee. The bills doctors checked him out and said he was fine and they were right. If he hasn't done much that's your opinion. If he played the whole year , based on his average he would've rushed for over 1500 yards . He also had 13 td's. If that's not a good year for a rookie in your opinion, you just downgraded yourself from dumb to doufus.

We had the luxury of signing Willis because while he was rehabing, we had Henry who inspite of injuries rushed for just 100 yds less than RW for the year inspite of missing 2 games.

Now enough of your side stepping by trying to create another Willis argument.

Back to my questions. Here are my questions ....

texans:

"Why didn't the texans trade for Shelton for a player and inherit his 3 million cap then? "

"How come no one wanted to get him at that price if he was even an above average LT? "

"the bills screwed up? The Cards released Henry. It would've been stupid to trade Henry if Shelton was going to be released anyways. Are you that clueless? If Shelton all that how come he isn't signed yet? How come nobody wanted to trade w/ the cards for his services?"

PS Expecially since you think Henry was great. You only trade a a GREAT player for another GREAT player. :shakeno:

Here's another question I added above:
"First of all no one here said he was great except you. You say he is great and he's not worth a 5th rd?

Justasportsfan said:
First of all no one here said he was great except you. You say he is great and he's not worth a 5th rd? Make up your freaking mind. You just lost your freakin entire argument there. DUH!!!!

2nd. who cares what you think about Willis and his screwed up knee. The bills doctors checked him out and said he was fine and they were right. If he hasn't done much that's your opinion. If he played the whole year , based on his average he would've rushed for over 1500 yards . He also had 13 td's. If that's not a good year for a rookie in your opinion, you just downgraded yourself from dumb to doufus.

We had the luxury of signing Willis because while he was rehabing, we had Henry who inspite of injuries rushed for just 100 yds less than RW for the year inspite of missing 2 games.

Now enough of your side stepping by trying to create another Willis argument.

Back to my questions. Here are my questions ....

texans:

PS Expecially since you think Henry had a great year :shakeno:

Here's another question I added above:
"First of all no one here said he was great except you. You say he is great and he's not worth a 5th rd?

i never said he was great i was mocking you because you think he is better than he really is....The Cards released Henry? I never knew they had him in the first place.

this is my point...you say...something MUST be wrong with Shelton because McNally does not want him...how the hell do you know this? you're such a homer...you've come here before and called plenty FinFans homers but you don't see what a homer you really are...read the article...it says that the Texans can't understand why he was released...they did not even sign him yet but they publically say what's up with that? maybe they didn't want to trade for him? maybe they tried and the Cards said no...you don't know $hit...but what you do know is...something must be wrong with Shelton...all of a sudden now he's no good because he's not a Bill?

You're a homer...on a Fins website.

Go Fins!!!

phinsforever said:
You just took 4 players off my list and you think you proved your point????:roflmao: :roflmao: The list indicates players I would take over Henry. It is intended to give you an idea of what his value is. If you think Henry has more value than R. Brown then you need to pull your head out of your a$$.
Pitman won a championship, and is a lot more versatile than Henry. You argue that the Bucs drafted a RB as evidence that Pittman is no good. What exactly did the Bills draft Mcgahee for???
T Jones has not had the stats as Henry, but I think he is sliughtly better.
C Brown is a much better runner than Henry ever will be. You say is fragile, but I'll take his fragility over Henry's mediocrity anyday.
There are number of backs I would have added to the list had I given more thought, but you just asked for 30. Either way, Henry is not as good as you wish.

What you would take is nothing more than your opinion. It doesn't make it fact.

If you think think Pittman was the reason why the Bucs won the sb, you need to relearn your football. I never said Henry is all that but if you think he's worth nothing more than a 5th, you're obviously an idiot. Gordon was taken for a 3rd. DUH!!!

Back
Top Bottom