Looks like our cap is getting tight! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like our cap is getting tight!

We have a lot of money at corner....not only Howard and Jones but we drafted a corner in the 1st round last year. We're ok tho. We've signed 6 guys so far and we're still under.
Igby needs to replace Jones or X next season. If Surtain is available late in round 1, you take him to replace the other one. Always draft to replace the players you are paying the most to.

Yep! That’s the exact type of comparison to make.
I thought so, they have been to 2 SB's in a row, that is the bar. Got something better or just your usual salty, non thought provoking replies? Don't hurt yourself with any deep thought.

Do you need more examples? Saints have plenty of studs, Rams, Packers. Who on this roster is a difference maker? Howard? All this money gone, none on a QB and we have no one that strikes fear in opponets or keeps coaches up on offense or defense.

But please share some of your infinite wisdom with all if you have a counterpoint.

Last edited:
We have the ability to cut Grant and extend Ogbah to free up some cap. Plus if we sign guys to multi-year deals we can delay some of the cap hit to later years when the cap should explode. If we want a guy I don't think the cap will be an impediment.

It is actually sad when you think about it. A team like KC is paying Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Matthieu, Thuney and Chris Jones and we pay a couple of CB's? I hope to Hell we get some firepower in this draft as this roster scares no one and I don't care how good Flo is at coaching people up.

I would have rather signed a young edge, C or WR instead of the training camp fodder we have invested in. You can get bargain bin anytime. I wish I had faith that I knew Grier could nail this draft.
Don’t get your hopes up. When it comes to the draft we have 20 years of data that says Grier is a play it safe drafter. So if we get one playmaker at the no 3 spot that will be it. The rest will be guys w moderate ceilings - as everyone taken outside of the top 10 (when we get a pick there) always is (with very few exceptions).

I thought so, they have been to 2 SB's in a row, that is the bar. Got something better or just your usual salty, non thought provoking replies? Don't hurt yourself with any deep thought.

Do you need more examples? Saints have plenty of studs, Rams, Packers. Who on this roster is a difference maker? Howard? All this money gone, none on a QB and we have no one that strikes fear in opponets or keeps coaches up on offense or defense.

But please share some of your infinite wisdom with all if you have a counterpoint.
To be fair, the none on QB because our QB is on a rookie deal. So we don’t have to pay him yet.

We still have dead weight to cut, like Jakeem Grant. If we sign a receiver and plan on drafting a couple then we can also go ahead and dump Wilson and Hurns.

Miami is in a position to have between 40-80 million next year in free agency.

The front office is playing it smartly.

Miami will be able to better get a feel for the players drafted last year and this year which is the foundation of the rebuild and sign players next year to fill in the holes.

For Miami to have gotten into bidding wars with the likes of the Patriots and Jets would have been rash and foolish.

Miami is still in a good spot to sign a few more quality players this year by being patient.

Keeping in mind the roster will have at least 4 players from this years draft in the first 50 picks, Miami is doing fine.

To be fair, the none on QB because our QB is on a rookie deal. So we don’t have to pay him yet.
That is what is the worst part! We don't even have to pay him yet and it's not like he is surrounded by top tier talent, just a bunch of Jags and one elite CB. Just wait until we have to pay the guy, lol. My whole point, cap about gone and still no one on this roster to get excited about.

Miami is in a position to have between 40-80 million next year in free agency.

The front office is playing it smartly.

Miami will be able to better get a feel for the players drafted last year and this year which is the foundation of the rebuild and sign players next year to fill in the holes.

For Miami to have gotten into bidding wars with the likes of the Patriots and Jets would have been rash and foolish.

Miami is still in a good spot to sign a few more quality players this year by being patient.

Keeping in mind the roster will have at least 4 players from this years draft in the first 50 picks, Miami is doing fine.
I know we get a break on Jones and Flowers and we will most likely extend Ogbah, not sure who else is coming up on an expiring contract or who we can jettison. But what you have outlined sounds good, be glad when this "rebuild" is complete. I would like to see the fruits of this labor of love before I am 6 feet under.

Don’t get your hopes up. When it comes to the draft we have 20 years of data that says Grier is a play it safe drafter. So if we get one playmaker at the no 3 spot that will be it. The rest will be guys w moderate ceilings - as everyone taken outside of the top 10 (when we get a pick there) always is (with very few exceptions).
Trust me brother, I NEVER get my hopes up when it comes to Grier and drafting anything resembling a playmaker. I am scared to death this fool will trade out of 3 but too far down to get one of Chase, Pitts or even Smith. The Phins drafts have never failed to disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom